Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM9] Iconia ICS Project

Tip us?

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
nothing yet boss.,..but keep watching

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
Don't you worry, I am doing, patiently of course, I know what goes into this stuff, first build really stable

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Land Master
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
This Alpha1 build is very nice!! Good enough for a daily driver so far, at least for me. Can't wait to see what the "future" holds.

Only issue I haven't seen mentioned is the home button doesn't function. It lights up when pressed but doesn't take you "home". And I do not believe the notification blink on it is working.

Certainly no big deal(s) but figured I would bring it up.

Many thanks to all involved!!!

WeegeePwn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cornerstone?

this rom is great but is there any chance of cornerstone multitasking?

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Master View Post
This Alpha1 build is very nice!! Good enough for a daily driver so far, at least for me. Can't wait to see what the "future" holds.

Only issue I haven't seen mentioned is the home button doesn't function. It lights up when pressed but doesn't take you "home". And I do not believe the notification blink on it is working.

Certainly no big deal(s) but figured I would bring it up.

Many thanks to all involved!!!
home button is a known issue...i should make a list of known issues...

The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg

aszelinski
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm running the A100 vangogh version 9.0.0 RC0 and I'm having GPS issues. Sygic and Navicon just crash when opening them. I had no issues wth the GPS till I upgraded to CM9 from ICS Leak .12. Is this a known issue with CM9?

Sent from my A100
Droid 4 XT894 maserati - Work phone, Rooted with [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean, Safestrap 3.11, Running whatever ROM I want

ptesmoke
Old
Thanks Meter 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by aszelinski View Post
I'm running the A100 vangogh version 9.0.0 RC0 and I'm having GPS issues. Sygic and Navicon just crash when opening them. I had no issues wth the GPS till I upgraded to CM9 from ICS Leak .12. Is this a known issue with CM9?

Sent from my A100
some people have reported issues but i experience the opposite....my gps was always terrible on my a100, after cm9 i loaded up gps status and while the initial lock took 1-4 mins...i now get locks in my house and twice the sats seen.

now keep in mind depending where you are your gps.conf file should be modified for your local ntp servers. theres a great thread in the samsung captivate dev forum...im mobile atm so cant link.

but yea...i get 8-12 sat locks now....when on stock i was lucky to even see 2 sats..

The depressing thing about tennis is, no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. -Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to ptesmoke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cerinthus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Am I the only one with

ro.secure=1

In default.prop ?

As near as I can see system can't be made writable. Not a deal breaker for me, but should be noted in the release notes.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

masr1979
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerinthus View Post
Am I the only one with

ro.secure=1

In default.prop ?

As near as I can see system can't be made writable. Not a deal breaker for me, but should be noted in the release notes.

System IS writable, but you have to re-root. Do a little search and you should find pertaining info on this very thread. I had to manually do the process (Zeronull's package didn't work), and I had to do it from terminal emulator, as opposed to ADB.

Can't say about the default.prop since I don't have my tab with me A.T.M.

Cerinthus
Old
(Last edited by Cerinthus; 24th April 2012 at 04:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
nvm. Got it, thanks

aszelinski
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Thanks,

Thanks, I will give the gps.conf a look at... it may be just the programs aren't ICS ready,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptesmoke View Post
some people have reported issues but i experience the opposite....my gps was always terrible on my a100, after cm9 i loaded up gps status and while the initial lock took 1-4 mins...i now get locks in my house and twice the sats seen.

now keep in mind depending where you are your gps.conf file should be modified for your local ntp servers. theres a great thread in the samsung captivate dev forum...im mobile atm so cant link.

but yea...i get 8-12 sat locks now....when on stock i was lucky to even see 2 sats..