Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][DISCONTINUED] GingerDX | v031b | 11-03-2013 | Stock / Alfs CM7 / nAa

Tip us?

amnher
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay View Post
More RAM consumption usually means that you are either ...

- running more apps
- you are using apps that keep lots of things "cached" (i.e. gReader)
- you are running an app that uses a good chunk of the RAM (i.e. Skype)

More RAM usage doesn't necessarily mean more battery drain - it all boils down what the elevated RAM usage relates and what the apps using the RAM do. If it is "hogged" by lots of apps then you need to sort out what the apps are actually doing ... if they sync data or perform other tasks that keep you phone "busy" while sleeping you better expect a higher bat drain. Same goes for a large app (i.e. Skype) in case it keeps the WiFi going.

In short ... a higher RAM usage doesn't automatically leads to a faster battery drain, it only leads to it when the app(s) are keeping the CPU busy.
So it is confirmed. Thanks for the great answer. Just last question. There is this service on facebook called Upload Manager that runs as service. Is that a resource hog that can lead to drain(CPU USAGE) and ram hog?
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Black
16GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 10 UHS Speed Class 1++

B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher View Post
So it is confirmed. Thanks for the great answer. Just last question. There is this service on facebook called Upload Manager that runs as service. Is that a resource hog that can lead to drain(CPU USAGE) and ram hog?
Sorry, I don't use Facebook, or any other social networks for that matter.

If the Facebook app causes battery drain for you then uninstall and observe the discharge without it being installed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deedii
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1016
B.Jay I wonder why some rom reboot in kernel panic and this GDX dont?
magic happens there

neo_na
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have mentioned this before in this thread. When I was trying out GDX V23. GPS doesn't give proper location on Google maps. Same prob with GDX V25. Now you might say it has nothing to do with the ROM as you guys said before, but how come the same modded Google map Works properly and gives the correct location in other ROMS I've tried?
Press THANKS if I helped in some way,,,,, or not!!
The Following User Says Thank You to neo_na For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

achill3r
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I really don't know what damn happened but after a reboot... 80% of my downloaded apps are magically disapperead!
They apperead only in "manage application" without their own icons..

And more, but this is another problem, after changing my modem because the old one was broken, my phone refuses to connect (except rare times but it stays up few seconds) to the wifi network and in this way I'm not even able to download my apps manually!

I would break my head against my room wall... believe me!
I'm really sorry for this post but I don't know what to do...

RomWiz
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1191

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by achill3r View Post
I really don't know what damn happened but after a reboot... 80% of my downloaded apps are magically disapperead!
That has happened to me to and it is because your sdcard if you check /mnt/asec Where the moved apps are located you will see that they arent there But if you check /data/data you will se the app data there so when you download the apps again the data will be there

Sent from a X8 using xda premium

Work and time needs gratitude Donate to me

The Following User Says Thank You to RomWiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

achill3r
Old
(Last edited by achill3r; 21st April 2012 at 10:09 PM.) Reason: No success
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomWiz View Post
That has happened to me to and it is because your sdcard if you check /mnt/asec Where the moved apps are located you will see that they arent there But if you check /data/data you will se the app data there so when you download the apps again the data will be there

Sent from a X8 using xda premium
Thanks mate.
I'll try to do that...

That's incredible. My wifi now works but when I try to (re)install one of my lost apps from play store, my phone freezes or reboot itself...
So, is this last thing I can do before full-wipe?

junnojules
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by achill3r View Post

And more, but this is another problem, after changing my modem because the old one was broken, my phone refuses to connect (except rare times but it stays up few seconds) to the wifi network and in this way I'm not even able to download my apps manually!

I would break my head against my room wall... believe me!
I'm really sorry for this post but I don't know what to do...
+100000

molimo
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_na View Post
I have mentioned this before in this thread. When I was trying out GDX V23. GPS doesn't give proper location on Google maps. Same prob with GDX V25. Now you might say it has nothing to do with the ROM as you guys said before, but how come the same modded Google map Works properly and gives the correct location in other ROMS I've tried?
I have this problem too. My GPS doesn't work fine. Alf+v25

ithunter
Old
Thanks Meter 223
same problem with me..... ;'(
Twitter
My blog
i am a helpful person for other, but not for self....

Tags
2.3.5, 2.3.7, best rom, daily rom, doixanh, epic, fully working camera, gingerdx, gingerdx [cm7], ics in gb, pie in gingerdx, smooth gingerbread, super fast, teamfun, x8 rom