[TOOL][Updated 5.9.12]viperMOD PrimeTime v4.6 | Auto Root/Unroot/Busybox/CMW Flash!

21st April 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #1571  
Thanks Meter: 5

134 posts
Anyone know the status of root on .21? Is someone working on it? Do we think it can be done or are we SOL?
22nd April 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #1572  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 12,843

7,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mack33

Anyone know the status of root on .21? Is someone working on it? Do we think it can be done or are we SOL?

I've said this before but I'm not sure if you'll ever see a root for it because you can unlock. No one wants to work on a solution that is going to get blocked in the next update and burn through an exploit. Unfortunately, you have to pay to play. If you want root right now, you need to unlock the bootloader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #1573  
Flag Oakville
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
cant get into cwm
Please help. I rooted with this tool kit using option 3 for my transformer tf101. Its on 3.2.1. It worked perfectly.i installed cwm with rom manager. It sais successful but i cant get into cwm.

If i try through rom manager cwm, my transformer just reboots like normal. If i manually try to boot into cwm using power and volume down i just get to a screen with options of wipe data or andoid then it says it cold boots and boots up normally.

Am i doing something wrong? Can someone tell me how to get into cwm or even stock recovery?

I even tried to create a backup withrom manager and all that does is reboot my transformer.
22nd April 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #1574  
Thanks Meter: 6

354 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -viperboy-

I've said this before but I'm not sure if you'll ever see a root for it because you can unlock. No one wants to work on a solution that is going to get blocked in the next update and burn through an exploit. Unfortunately, you have to pay to play. If you want root right now, you need to unlock the bootloader.

thats a shame. I really wish I didn't have to unlock to get root. I'd like to have root and my warranty since im going to RMA my prime for the 2nd time soon. =(

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #1575  
Thanks Meter: 53

520 posts
Same situation here.

Viperboy, why did you make this tool then earlier? You could unlock before same way you can unlock now.

We are not "demanding", but many of us have a "2nd RMA" on its way and we cannot unlock.

Anyway, maybe somebody else will do it, and we can root again like it was with the very good tool you made.
22nd April 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #1576  
Thanks Meter: 27

315 posts
More
Quote:

Anyway, maybe somebody else will do it, and we can root again like it was with the very good tool you made.

Can you please tell me with what tool I can root TF201 with new update .21???? Thanks
22nd April 2012, 10:00 AM   |  #1577  
Thanks Meter: 79

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegaz-7

Can you please tell me with what tool I can root TF201 with new update .21???? Thanks

You cant root at the moment with any tool.
If you want root you must unlock the Prime and flash CWM and than flash root or custom rom.
That is the only way at the moment.
22nd April 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #1578  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 883

3,048 posts
More
I wonder how many times it will need to be repeated..

Perhaps a big red warning in the OP?
22nd April 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #1579  
Thanks Meter: 17

194 posts
2 RMA's..:
1. Poor WiFi , Dead GPS, Light bleedings, ramdom restarts, broken keyboard
--- Fixed Keyboard & screen, GPS upgraded from "dead" to "poor signal"
2. Still Poor WiFi, poor GPS, light bleeding shows again, ramdom reboots.
--- WiFI Fixed, GPS Fixed but not enough, screen fixed, ramdom reboots fixed by .21 FW....but i lost root.

I cant unlock my prime becouse I have lost 2weeks for first RMA and 5weeks for second RMA. 7 weeks is too much becouse I bought this tab at 28 december 2011. I dont know what will be in future...maybe screen will be bleeding again or "mechanism" of keyboard will be broke again... I cant unlock it becouse this tab hasynt good quality

Sorry for my english.
22nd April 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #1580  
Thanks Meter: 79

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striatum_bdr

I wonder how many times it will need to be repeated..

Perhaps a big red warning in the OP?

Yupp, would be better.

Anyway, is this true about your stolen Prime in the sig?
If so, sorry to hear that.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread