It took many... many tries but I was able to take a fully bricked (black screen - sec s5pc110 test b/d) YP-G70 US 5.0 player and get it back to functioning as new.
I have CM9 loaded now and runs it like a champ.
I used this guide as well as few others that I found from other forums.
Ultimately, I used a Ubuntu installation and Ressurector to get the player to display the phone (!) computer icon. The trick was (which the instuctions did was not quite clear on) was that the Download mode which the Ressurector get the player into, does not display the Andy with yellow triangle sign. It's the Phone (!) PC icon that is the download mode.
Anyway, I was not able to get a VM session of the Windows within my Ubuntu box (spent 2 hours trying to figure out why!!!) but I had a dual boot session.
I kept the player plugged into the USB port to keep the Phone (!) PC mode on and restarted my laptop to switch to the Windows session to run Odin.
Here, I had to flash the device with Odin 3-4 times until it let me boot into Recovery mode.
So the first time I flashed with Odin, I followed the direction from OP and flashed the pit and bootloader. This got me to the Download mode... problem was, when I flashed the Eryigit Rom (PDA), it successfully flashed but it was still stuck in Download mode when I rebooted.
So next I got a Stock GB (2.3.6) from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1520728 and flashed it. This file contained a pit file as well... and since I was stuck in Download mode, I figured that maybe my system was not seeing the right partitions. So I tried flashing the pit file from here and it got stuck in "Partitions". So When I yanked the cable and restarted my player, now I had the phone (!) pc icon again.
Back to step 1 and this time, I flashed the pit and bootloader from OP... and then power down and power up to flash the Stock rom that I mentioned above without the pit file found with the rom.... just the stock rom.
Now, I was booted into recovery mode and recovery mode only... so I got the player back to Download mode and flashed the pit file from the OP but this time, I used the SamsungPlayer Bootloaded found in the OP instead of the Download Mode only bootloader.
Once this was done, I rebooted the player into Download mode yet again, and flashed the Eryigit's US rom... reboot... recovery... DANM!!!... here I accidentally pressed the restart system and this time I was seeing the Samsung logo... and then Android bootanimation... My player was alive...
Anyway, this was not an easy task but THANK you for pointing me out a few things that I could try in order to get the player back to life.
Sorry for the long post... I know a few on this thread are experiencing the same issues I saw... I am trying to point out that there is a way to fix the player... just got to try a bit harder...
I just want to 'point out' that it was an ABSOLUTE ton of work to develop this method. Your problems were operator error. I didn't 'point out' a few things you can try... Rebellos and I worked out the security and protocol issues, developed a bootloader, then turned it into a one-click, tested it extensively, released the tool to fix your problem, and released the source. You clicked a few buttons and learned how to operate your computer and device.
I find your statement about giving you a few things to try offensive. We developed the damn solution which Samsung would otherwise charge you for a new board.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|