Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,866

1,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

boot into ubuntu. don't use a VM. Mac is a hit-and-miss platform for Samsung devices.

Yeah, I don't trust attaching a usb device to a VM anyway... I just installed ubuntu using wubi...
8th February 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Yep another one.
Totally embarrassed but managed to hard brick my device!

I have created a dual boot and have set up java, samsung drivers etc, but not able yet to get odin to view the device (YP-G70, 8Gb)

1) Boot into ubuntu, run the unbricked and select the driver for the "Player"
2) The device is connected, and after I hit the button, a screen appears with the download logo on the 5" (right shifted by 10% - so the last 10% of the screen appears on the left)
3) I then restart in Windows (device remains on) - windows identifies the device as an "unknown" device - as such Odin cannot connect

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times (as per link) with no joy - I even tested the drivers by putting my 7" tab in download mode, and that one recognised straight away!

The only curious aspect is that the it says SECPC110 but when I select it through the unbricker (as per instrucion i choose the player option SECPC111) - Have tried the galaxy s SECPC110, but it did not even bring up a logo

Ill log the exact contents of the unbricker when i get home.

Am I doing something grossly stupid - Advice, Ideas appreciated - SO CLOSE, yet so far ....
8th February 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #23  

19 posts
Update

Got home ... now when i use the unbricker, it brings up a icon of a mobile / exclamation mark / Computer :sad:

Also get a warning in the program (gksudo:3849):Gtk-WARNING **; Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap

Also help, suggestions appreciated here :sad:

Thanks
8th February 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #24  

19 posts
Phew
Last update ....

Change the powered hub i was using / reset all drivers / rebooted and it all worked!

Thanks for a stunning recovery app and have a beer or two on me

Regards

dingoo12
16th March 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #25  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
Donate to Me
More
I followed this instruction and got stuck in the Download Mode..
I flashed the stock rom but still can't get out of the Download Mode..
What should I do?
17th March 2012, 12:03 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 36

88 posts
Pulling out whatever hair I have left.....
Ok, here we go. I have rooted my US 5.0, and tried to load up a kernel (Steve's Daily Driver), and now it won't start. I have gotten it to download mode through the resuurector, and Odin sees it in the VM. Here is the problem, I cannot get it to reboot after loading the pit and tar (PDA file.) For the .tar I am using ueki8_min.tar.md5 and for the .pit, I am using ueki8.pit. All goes fine until Odin reboots the player. At that point, the player reboots and then nothing.

Please tell me I'm doing something real boneheaded and this is an easy fix.

Thanks for any and all help.
13th April 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #27  
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70

379 posts
It took many... many tries but I was able to take a fully bricked (black screen - sec s5pc110 test b/d) YP-G70 US 5.0 player and get it back to functioning as new.
I have CM9 loaded now and runs it like a champ.

I used this guide as well as few others that I found from other forums.

Ultimately, I used a Ubuntu installation and Ressurector to get the player to display the phone (!) computer icon. The trick was (which the instuctions did was not quite clear on) was that the Download mode which the Ressurector get the player into, does not display the Andy with yellow triangle sign. It's the Phone (!) PC icon that is the download mode.

Anyway, I was not able to get a VM session of the Windows within my Ubuntu box (spent 2 hours trying to figure out why!!!) but I had a dual boot session.
I kept the player plugged into the USB port to keep the Phone (!) PC mode on and restarted my laptop to switch to the Windows session to run Odin.

Here, I had to flash the device with Odin 3-4 times until it let me boot into Recovery mode.

So the first time I flashed with Odin, I followed the direction from OP and flashed the pit and bootloader. This got me to the Download mode... problem was, when I flashed the Eryigit Rom (PDA), it successfully flashed but it was still stuck in Download mode when I rebooted.

So next I got a Stock GB (2.3.6) from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1520728 and flashed it. This file contained a pit file as well... and since I was stuck in Download mode, I figured that maybe my system was not seeing the right partitions. So I tried flashing the pit file from here and it got stuck in "Partitions". So When I yanked the cable and restarted my player, now I had the phone (!) pc icon again.
Back to step 1 and this time, I flashed the pit and bootloader from OP... and then power down and power up to flash the Stock rom that I mentioned above without the pit file found with the rom.... just the stock rom.
Now, I was booted into recovery mode and recovery mode only... so I got the player back to Download mode and flashed the pit file from the OP but this time, I used the SamsungPlayer Bootloaded found in the OP instead of the Download Mode only bootloader.
Once this was done, I rebooted the player into Download mode yet again, and flashed the Eryigit's US rom... reboot... recovery... DANM!!!... here I accidentally pressed the restart system and this time I was seeing the Samsung logo... and then Android bootanimation... My player was alive...

Anyway, this was not an easy task but THANK you for pointing me out a few things that I could try in order to get the player back to life.

Sorry for the long post... I know a few on this thread are experiencing the same issues I saw... I am trying to point out that there is a way to fix the player... just got to try a bit harder...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #28  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Exclamation
I have Galaxy s WiFi 5.0 and i have tried to install the official firmware but now my device get a Black Screen only! I cant open it and the UnBrickable Resurector can't detect it ! Please help me. I bought the device yesterday !
Help please
21st April 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcduty

It took many... many tries but I was able to take a fully bricked (black screen - sec s5pc110 test b/d) YP-G70 US 5.0 player and get it back to functioning as new.
I have CM9 loaded now and runs it like a champ.

I used this guide as well as few others that I found from other forums.

Ultimately, I used a Ubuntu installation and Ressurector to get the player to display the phone (!) computer icon. The trick was (which the instuctions did was not quite clear on) was that the Download mode which the Ressurector get the player into, does not display the Andy with yellow triangle sign. It's the Phone (!) PC icon that is the download mode.

Anyway, I was not able to get a VM session of the Windows within my Ubuntu box (spent 2 hours trying to figure out why!!!) but I had a dual boot session.
I kept the player plugged into the USB port to keep the Phone (!) PC mode on and restarted my laptop to switch to the Windows session to run Odin.

Here, I had to flash the device with Odin 3-4 times until it let me boot into Recovery mode.

So the first time I flashed with Odin, I followed the direction from OP and flashed the pit and bootloader. This got me to the Download mode... problem was, when I flashed the Eryigit Rom (PDA), it successfully flashed but it was still stuck in Download mode when I rebooted.

So next I got a Stock GB (2.3.6) from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1520728 and flashed it. This file contained a pit file as well... and since I was stuck in Download mode, I figured that maybe my system was not seeing the right partitions. So I tried flashing the pit file from here and it got stuck in "Partitions". So When I yanked the cable and restarted my player, now I had the phone (!) pc icon again.
Back to step 1 and this time, I flashed the pit and bootloader from OP... and then power down and power up to flash the Stock rom that I mentioned above without the pit file found with the rom.... just the stock rom.
Now, I was booted into recovery mode and recovery mode only... so I got the player back to Download mode and flashed the pit file from the OP but this time, I used the SamsungPlayer Bootloaded found in the OP instead of the Download Mode only bootloader.
Once this was done, I rebooted the player into Download mode yet again, and flashed the Eryigit's US rom... reboot... recovery... DANM!!!... here I accidentally pressed the restart system and this time I was seeing the Samsung logo... and then Android bootanimation... My player was alive...

Anyway, this was not an easy task but THANK you for pointing me out a few things that I could try in order to get the player back to life.

Sorry for the long post... I know a few on this thread are experiencing the same issues I saw... I am trying to point out that there is a way to fix the player... just got to try a bit harder...

I just want to 'point out' that it was an ABSOLUTE ton of work to develop this method. Your problems were operator error. I didn't 'point out' a few things you can try... Rebellos and I worked out the security and protocol issues, developed a bootloader, then turned it into a one-click, tested it extensively, released the tool to fix your problem, and released the source. You clicked a few buttons and learned how to operate your computer and device.

I find your statement about giving you a few things to try offensive. We developed the damn solution which Samsung would otherwise charge you for a new board.
21st April 2012, 06:17 PM   |  #30  
Flag Mundelein. IL
Thanks Meter: 739

1,561 posts
I know this is irrelevant to the subject, but does anyone have a ROM with bootloaders already packaged? I tried these bootloaders and a couple other things and nothing works, just download mode.. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread