Thread Closed

[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

OP O.a.T.

20th April 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #251  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 13

405 posts
More
Version A did not work very well for me. On my previous 3/30 build I had the dreaded "Authentication Error" with WiFi and the I had to clear cache and dalvik along with fixing permissions. Version A had similar authentication issues and I'm only running WPA2 on my home WiFi.

Switched to Version B and my WiFi connected right upon startup. I am using Apex launcher and I've noticed the transitions are a little slower than on the previous build.

@Oats - Have you messaged the CM9 devs to let them know their recent kernel changes doesn't work with the ath6kl drivers?
Last edited by LinuxNewb; 20th April 2012 at 05:31 PM.
20th April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #252  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,858

762 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt

@OaT

Ok, one small hiccup this morning with the modified B version. When I first powered up, all apps requiring root were working properly. Matter of fact, I use No Frills CPU, which requires root at startup and it worked perfectly. However, I decided to go into the SuperSu app to check the log and it wouldn't open, the loading icon just kept spinning. I was able to just back out of the app and upon testing my rooted apps, all were working.

Mike T

By any chance, did you have wifi running when you decided to go into SuperSU? This reminds me of what happened to me yesterday, which I mentioned in my PM to you, on my first entry into SuperSU with wifi running. On the other hand, started up my TP this morning, without wifi running, went into SuperSU and all was well.
20th April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #253  
OP Senior Member

762 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxNewb

Version A did not work very well for me. On my previous 3/30 build I had the dreaded "Authentication Error" with WiFi and the I had to clear cache and dalvik along with fixing permissions. Version A had similar authentication issues and I'm only running WPA2 on my home WiFi.

Switched to Version B and my WiFi connected right upon startup. I am using Apex launcher and I've noticed the transitions are a little slower than on the previous build.

@Oats - Have you messaged the CM9 devs to let them know their recent kernel changes doesn't work with the ath6kl drivers?

Re: wifi. If you've had problems with wifi, I would definitely recommend version B as it has the ath6kl drivers that the March 31 version did. I have not gotten a response about the apparent incompatibility with the new kernel and the ath6kl drivers.

Re: slowdown. Has there been an update on Apex launcher recently, that may be causing the slowdown? Although, I believe I too have noticed a general slowdown in both A & B, but definitely more noticeable in A with the new kernel. There may be some additional "overhead" in all the updates over the last couple of weeks that is adding a bit of drag on the system.
20th April 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #254  
Thanks Meter: 958

1,445 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

By any chance, did you have wifi running when you decided to go into SuperSU? This reminds me of what happened to me yesterday, which I mentioned in my PM to you, on my first entry into SuperSU with wifi running. On the other hand, started up my TP this morning, without wifi running, went into SuperSU and all was well.

Yeah, I always have it running. I have wifi settings to Keep Wifi on during sleep to Always. Then I use Green Power to override the wifi sleep policy, which allows the wifi to turn off automatically when the screen is off, since this is not yet functional in CM9. This seems to save a bit of battery for me.

Anyway, I just powered on from off, as well as reboot from system a few times and I was able to open the SuperSU app without issue. Also, I have SuperSU on my Kindle Fire running the latest CM9 and it works fine.

I just disabled CyanogenMod statistics, wanna' see if that makes any difference, as that loads on startup and seems to pop up in notifications just as my wifi icon is appearing. Sorry, Dalingrin, I'll re-enable it after a little testing.

Mike T
21st April 2012, 11:41 AM   |  #255  
Flag Staffs
Thanks Meter: 26

289 posts
Installed version B, very happy with it so far, seems a tiny bit slower than the last ROM I had on (one of the CherryKang ROMs) but seems to have more stability.
21st April 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #256  
Thanks Meter: 30

380 posts
More
I flashed A and its been working great so far. Thanks for the great work

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA
23rd April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #257  
OP Senior Member

762 posts
News section in OP updated. Am especially interested in everyone's thoughts about an "LNT + Cornerstone" version.
The Following User Says Thank You to O.a.T. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #258  
Flag Madtown, WI
Thanks Meter: 84

315 posts
More
What are the "audio/headphone issues" you mentioned in todays news?

IMHO, other than a novelty I really don't see cornerstone as a positive addition. To me it seems to get away from the LnT concept and possibly opens the door to incompatibilities. Just my to $.02
23rd April 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #259  
Thanks Meter: 38

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T.

News section in OP updated. Am especially interested in everyone's thoughts about an "LNT + Cornerstone" version.

That would be wonderful!!! I am currently using antiphon's rom and I swear it is awesome. Being unable to connect to wifi after reboot is the biggest irritant on that rom. I would love the legendary reliability of LnT with the awesomeness of Cornerstone.

Edit: I was secretly hoping you would take this up.

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by viskon; 23rd April 2012 at 05:33 PM.
23rd April 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #260  
Thanks Meter: 38

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730

IMHO, other than a novelty I really don't see cornerstone as a positive addition. To me it seems to get away from the LnT concept and possibly opens the door to incompatibilities. Just my to $.02

For people (like me) that also use the tablet for academics- reading books and taking notes from the books- Cornerstone is a godsend. I have the ebook open in one window and can type in my notes on Evernote in another window. No more clumsy switching between apps :thumbup:

Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk 2

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread