[ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3 | The Original Captivate Rom

OP designgears

21st April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #6431  
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Need the Congnition Zip
I was looking to re-flash Congnition 4.5.3 as it seems like my phone has decided to simply come to a complete slow down a few minutes after booting and then becomes unresponsive or seems to do a soft kind of reboot.

Anyways I don't seem to have the Congnition 4.5.3 zip and the link on page 1 is dead, can someon share the zip file or point me at a link?

Thanks,
Tim
21st April 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #6432  
Thanks Meter: 62

837 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvromero

Anyways I don't seem to have the Congnition 4.5.3 zip and the link on page 1 is dead, can someon share the zip file or point me at a link?
Tim

It is in post 6418.
The Following User Says Thank You to movrshakr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #6433  
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr

It is in post 6418.

Thanks, see it now.
21st April 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #6434  
Flag Crofton, MD
Thanks Meter: 11

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfernand

Do yourself a favor. Come back or stay on this ROM. I don't think the Captivate hardware is designed to handle any of the newer versions of Android. The new features are great but the lagging is not even tolerable.

This is the last best ROM created for this unit.

Amen, brother. I thought I must be crazy - all these awesome looking new roms on here and NONE of them are stable for me! I dunno if it's because I have an older Captivate or what, but even the official KK4 gingerbread update from Samsung gave me serious issues and just seemed rather unrefined overall compared to Cog4.5.3 and other KB1 builds. I'll take a rock solid froyo rom over buggy gingerbread or ICS builds any day.
21st April 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #6435  
Thanks Meter: 7

86 posts
Question
Well you answered part of my question. I was just curious, this whole time you seemed to be against Cognition. "Oh It's a really great ROM, but its far from the best" I thought maybe you had some GB Roms to Compare to ICS roms. But you seem to be on the road towards ICS (which is okay, I like it). Only, I would like to know why these other people are hooked on Cognition, when it's 2.2, basically asking: for those of you that switched to Cognition, why did you do it? And why is it better in your eyes.
21st April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #6436  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 11,868

9,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ287

Well you answered part of my question. I was just curious, this whole time you seemed to be against Cognition. "Oh It's a really great ROM, but its far from the best" I thought maybe you had some GB Roms to Compare to ICS roms. But you seem to be on the road towards ICS (which is okay, I like it). Only, I would like to know why these other people are hooked on Cognition, when it's 2.2, basically asking: for those of you that switched to Cognition, why did you do it? And why is it better in your eyes.

Because its just a tweaked debloated Froyo rom. Its epic rom. Used this rom close to a year back in the day. Its simple and offer almost no issue since it's literally finished dev. DG had nothing else to do to it. Hell If I wanted to set someone up with a solid and stable rom and that person doesn't like to "tweak" with the phone and just want it to work and work well, this is the rom that I would use.
21st April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #6437  
Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

174 posts
More
Two reasons:

Stability & performance...
21st April 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #6438  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 582

1,072 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only thing that sucks about Froyo is graphics. Everything involving graphical experience is slow. This includes some games, lockscreen, etc. Has anyone noticed how much lag there is when unlocking the phone from the lockscreen? Its the only reason I'm on ICS now :/
22nd April 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #6439  
Thanks Meter: 17

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfernand

Two reasons:

Stability & performance...

Plus 1.

Gave the Captivate to a non-techy Iphone user, didn't want her to have issues, when she was traveling in a foreign country.

The phone was unlocked.

Designgears did a very good job getting to this ROM release.
22nd April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #6440  
Flag Spokane Valley
Thanks Meter: 270

1,190 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ran this like a year ago and it definitely was one of the best I897 froyo roms due to DG's awesome work. Having said that though it has nothing on fusion ICS when it comes to lag, graphics or performance and I'm running a build 1007 captivate that's close to 2 years old. Sadly though, Fusion is no longer being developed. At least cognition development stopped because it was great and done.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2, best sex of my life, captivate, cognition, custom rom, froyo, made my phone climax, the captivate rom
Previous Thread Next Thread