Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ASUS Thread - ICS Update on TF101 (20-Mar-2012)

Tip us?

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
That's the exact reason you'll probably never have access to a Beta ROM! Grow up. We knew and agreed to the NDA before we started. Regardless of whether or not they COULD do anything if we violate it or not doesn't matter. If you were to participate in a "program" and you were told about the NDA and then you re-distributed it anyway, then your word means absolutely nothing. Thanks for warning us.

Just because you don't agree with a rule (or law, or contract, or whatever else), does not you give you the right the break it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
What a joke, I wouldn't install a beta anything from asus, their official updates are bad enough.

Whats my word got to do with anything, my word is 100% true if you actually stopped for a second, clicked that tiny little acorn in your head into gear and thought about what you read.

I said I would upload it for everyone else, how does that in any shape or form say I am lying ? Doosh, learn how to read.

xbs
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Really hope this update fixes the RR issues and that the "minor" screen tear is fixed before mass release.

Asus, we have been waiting long enough!

jtrosky
Old
(Last edited by jtrosky; 21st April 2012 at 02:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection* View Post
What a joke, I wouldn't install a beta anything from asus, their official updates are bad enough.

Whats my word got to do with anything, my word is 100% true if you actually stopped for a second, clicked that tiny little acorn in your head into gear and thought about what you read.

I said I would upload it for everyone else, how does that in any shape or form say I am lying ? Doosh, learn how to read.
You word has everything to do with it! You said that if you had been under the NDA, that you would post it anyway - that means that your word is worth nothing - if you agree to an NDA and go and re-distribute it anyway, then you broke you word!!!

Now, who's the "doosh" (by the way, if you even knew what that was, you'd know you are not even close on your spelling! Shows your age... :)

Again, grow up....

By the way, if you are going to sink to name calling, please come do it to my face, don't hide behind a keyboard. PM if you want to set that up....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomassan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default There could be other apps misbehaving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Thought I would test this as it seemed a simple enough thing to do, but unfortunately it hasn't helped, so disabled Maps and rebooted. Used it for a shortwhile then left my TF docked and closed for a few hours, just opened it up and the screen didn't come on. Had to force restart to get any life out of it
Well, the important thing about my theory is that we perhaps should monitor repeated alarms more in detail to find the culprit. There are other parts of the Android ecosystem that also generates these alarms, and there could be other apps creating the same problem.

A kernel panic due to out of memory issues should I guess lead to a reboot. But I don't know if such a reboot would try to maintain the alarm queues in order to be able to continue from where it panicked so to say. And if the buffers are already out of memory, could the kernel hang inresponsible due to this state?

Could somebody with intricate knowledge answer this?

knoxploration
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Quote:
Thats a joke right there, the official update they sent out is the one that is likely damaging peoples hardware.

What are ASUS going to do if the update is passed around? Nothing. the NDA is weightless, pointless, they have no power to do anything if it surfaces for everyone.

Personally if I had an update with an NDA that fixed all these problems it would be on rapidshare and linked for everyone else straight away
... Which is probably why you don't have one.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:

So you reckon the beta would be more unstable, yet you'd try to make other members of the public install it? Nice.

Quit trolling ;you're on ignore.
Head of an Android household: HTC One X+ International 64GB, HTC One X International 32GB, Google Nexus 10, two hopelessly unstable Asus Eee Pad Transformers (32GB and 16GB, each with keyboard docks; remember -- friends don't let friends buy Asus), Samsung Galaxy Ace, and a Fuhu Nabi 2.

Zimberto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm getting some T-shirts printed up with "I'm an Asus Transformer ICS Upgrade Survivor" on the front, and "Yeah, FU Asus!" on the back. Anyone up for one?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimberto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vicw
Old
Thanks Meter 43
We don't really know if the problem with ICS is due to ASUS, NVidia or Google, so I'm not ready to throw any rocks or profanity in their direction, especially since other ICS/Nvidia tablets such as the Motorola Xoom have had similar, if not identical problems .

Granted, they were a bit slow to recognize and acknowledge the problem, but they are obviously working hard on this issue, and apparently close to a solution, so I don't think this thread, which ASUS is participating in and trying to help, while keeping us updated, is an appropriate venue for flogging them, unless you just want to drive them away from trying to help.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vicw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Glencairn
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicw View Post
We don't really know if the problem with ICS is due to ASUS, NVidia or Google
Considering other makes of Android tablet are experiencing the same RR/SOD problems we are on our TFs then Asus can't shoulder ALL the blame

When you have 4th party developers' Apps with Asus/Motorola/Samsung?/NVidia hardware and Google software there is a recipe for it being a nightmare pinning down the underlying cause(s)

*Detection*
Old
(Last edited by *Detection*; 22nd April 2012 at 12:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
You word has everything to do with it! You said that if you had been under the NDA, that you would post it anyway - that means that your word is worth nothing - if you agree to an NDA and go and re-distribute it anyway, then you broke you word!!!

Now, who's the "doosh" (by the way, if you even knew what that was, you'd know you are not even close on your spelling! Shows your age... :)

Again, grow up....

By the way, if you are going to sink to name calling, please come do it to my face, don't hide behind a keyboard. PM if you want to set that up....

EDIT - Actually not even going to lower myself to getting a warning for replying to you.

Enjoy your life being you, must be great

sbiriguda
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Little question for whoever's testing the interim build: all Angry Birds "variants" froze after a few minutes of playtime on 9.2.1.17, do you still get ANRs (again - NDA notwithstanding)?

Tags
tf101, transformer