Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Great review. Of all the things discussed in your review and on the forum the only one that concerns me is battery life. It seems to be getting better but using the same apps the same way I did with my SGS2 I'm getting about 30% less battery life and that's with a larger battery.
I know skins like Sense are a hot button on XDA but as SoC power rises the the performance drain is becoming less of an issue. My personal view is that I use my phone to get things done. Having a phone that's faster than everyone elses in benchmarks is secondary. I've been using Sense 4.0 for a week and I've really come to admire the work HTC's done with it. Here's some examples of subtle things they've done to improve productivity.
- The productivity lock screen is brilliant. The ability to see incoming notifications (and scroll through them) without having to unlock the phone is a great idea. As is being able to go directly to them via the ring.
- When sending a rejection text to an ignored incoming caller, Sense creates a task to remind you to call them back.
- Integrating third party music players in to the Music Hub and displaying them full sceen on the lock screen so you can control them is also a nice feature.
There are some faults too.
- No voice dialer to enable BT calling. Seriously?
- No LinkedIn connector for the FriendStream. Come on, it's 2012 and they just IPO'd.