Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Our full review, if anyone is interested.

OP xdaman85

21st April 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 25

379 posts
More
http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-one-x-review/

Hope it helps people make a decision on whether to get the device or not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdaman85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
More
Maybe a stupid question... but why not just add to the existing reviews thread rather than create a new one?
21st April 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 25

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoElDiablo

Maybe a stupid question... but why not just add to the existing reviews thread rather than create a new one?

Not a stupid question at all, I'll bare that in mind next time.
21st April 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Great review. Of all the things discussed in your review and on the forum the only one that concerns me is battery life. It seems to be getting better but using the same apps the same way I did with my SGS2 I'm getting about 30% less battery life and that's with a larger battery.

I know skins like Sense are a hot button on XDA but as SoC power rises the the performance drain is becoming less of an issue. My personal view is that I use my phone to get things done. Having a phone that's faster than everyone elses in benchmarks is secondary. I've been using Sense 4.0 for a week and I've really come to admire the work HTC's done with it. Here's some examples of subtle things they've done to improve productivity.

- The productivity lock screen is brilliant. The ability to see incoming notifications (and scroll through them) without having to unlock the phone is a great idea. As is being able to go directly to them via the ring.

- When sending a rejection text to an ignored incoming caller, Sense creates a task to remind you to call them back.

- Integrating third party music players in to the Music Hub and displaying them full sceen on the lock screen so you can control them is also a nice feature.

There are some faults too.

- No voice dialer to enable BT calling. Seriously?

- No LinkedIn connector for the FriendStream. Come on, it's 2012 and they just IPO'd.
22nd April 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 31

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaman85

http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-one-x-review/

Hope it helps people make a decision on whether to get the device or not.

xdaman,

Great review for the HOX. The night photos are not great and the last one wasn't in-focus. I think HTC needs to fine tune the night settings for better performance. What firmware are you running on the tested HOX? Did you have any screen flickering? Any of the common bugs?

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread