Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to add favourites XDA android app

Tip us?

ttm94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default how to add favourites XDA android app

Hi guys I'm still quite new to the forums and have just purchased the XDA premium app for android but I cant seem to find how to favourite a thread so it will show in the favourites tab. all helps appreciated thanks!

savesheep
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It's cool man - find the topic you like, press and hold on it then choose subscribe. It'll then show up under favorites. I believe you have to from the list of topics though, not while you're actually viewing it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to savesheep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ttm94
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by savesheep View Post
It's cool man - find the topic you like, press and hold on it then choose subscribe. It'll then show up under favorites. I believe you have to from the list of topics though, not while you're actually viewing it. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA
Awesome thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

V@no
Old
Thanks Meter 173
That is quiet not user friendly, since we have "subscribe" to receive email notifications for new replies...

Talking about confusing, eh?

rib king
Old
(Last edited by rib king; 10th September 2012 at 09:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
yes, poorly implemented.

With such a large forum I thought favorites would be helpful to shortcut to the sub-forums I read.

subscribe to make a favorite. to me that implies I would get alerts for all new posts which I don't want. we'll see.

KidCarter93
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6614
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib king View Post
yes, poorly implemented.

With such a large forum I thought favorites would be helpful to shortcut to the sub-forums I read.

subscribe to make a favorite. to me that implies I would get alerts for all new posts which I don't want. we'll see.
You can shortcut the forums you'd like.
Simply long press on it and a Create Shortcut option is the bottom option.

Also, no you won't get alerts for all new posts. The only way you get alerted for new posts, is if you subscribe to a single thread and change the option to get notified.
I'm subscribed to too many threads so I may not notice your reply. To make sure I do, quote my post or add "@KidCarter93" to your reply."
[ m7 | 1.54.401.5 | S-OFF ]
Can't find your answer or not sure where to post? Ask in the XDA Assist Forum
Forum Rules | XDA New User Guide | Getting Moderator Help

"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and F the rest."
Follow me on Twitter - @XDAKidCarter93

master_brett
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by savesheep View Post
Geeze! So simple! But, this has been bugging me forever! Thanks!!
HTC One X+

g4Nk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question, but is there a search function for the app?

Deadly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3863

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g4Nk View Post
Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question, but is there a search function for the app?
Yes, and read this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1891120

More info ^

Lettuce!
Old
Thanks Meter 35
This needs changing to "add forum to favourites" with a heart icon instead of "subscribe." it's confusing if you don't know