Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO]The Big N00B how-to!

Tip us?

gabwerkz
Old
(Last edited by gabwerkz; 4th March 2012 at 11:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,545
NOOBY, add this link for general public so they would understand how Android works...

http://lwn.net/images/pdf/suspend_blockers.pdf

It tackles about "suspend blockers" or what we call "wakelocks". Android's Power Management.

Take time to read whenever you have time, I'll quote...

Quote:
The Google's Android operating system has been designed with mobile devices, like cell phones or tablets, in mind. Such devices are generally not expected to be able to carry out CPU-intensive computations or do very I/O-intensive kind of work like workstations or servers. Thus, although they are supposed to allow their users to preform some tasks that can also be done on a desktop computer, like browsing the Web, reading and sending e-mail, listening to music or playing simple video games, they generally need not support extensive multitasking and they are inherently single-user. Generally speaking, their performance requirements are quite dierent from the performance requirements of other Linux-based systems.

On the other hand, it is essential that these devices can be used for as much time as possible without connecting to any external power sources (e.g. AC power). In other words, their battery life has to be as long as reasonably possible, even at the expense of performance.
I also posted some references about Governors in general, and Tweaks (for advanced users) in CyanogenMod discussion.

N00BY0815
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,882

DONATE TO ME
Updated post #2 with how to make a logcat for noobs. READ IT pls, the developers around here will be thankful for them.

And all devs, simply link your consumers here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84&postcount=2

This will help both sides. Devs get information of whats going wrong and the consumers will get better/faster/more stable ROMs

If you see anything I missed, PM me pls and I ll fix it. The problem I have is, that I dont know, if you need adb SDK as well, cause I had QtADB installed already.

Have fun

Read it, if you're new in this forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to N00BY0815 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Borjie
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Procedure to uninstall patches...

Hello NOOBY,

I've read a lot of your posts and I salute you for being too helpful to everyone here who seek advices.

For this very informative thread of yours, would you mind if I request for you to add the procedure how to uninstall patches?

Say for example I have installed a theme and it's working and for certain reason I want to revert back to the previous state, how am I gonna do it.

A big thank in advance!

champzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borjie View Post
Hello NOOBY,

I've read a lot of your posts and I salute you for being too helpful to everyone here who seek advices.

For this very informative thread of yours, would you mind if I request for you to add the procedure how to uninstall patches?

Say for example I have installed a theme and it's working and for certain reason I want to revert back to the previous state, how am I gonna do it.

A big thank in advance!
When you say installed you mean flashed a .zip from recovery?

N00BY0815
Old
Thanks Meter 1,882

DONATE TO ME
Yes he does and I might add something about it, but there is no general way, how to do it, since it depends, on what you flashed... It is possible, you only have to remove/replace one file (libsqlit) or something like Beats Audio, where you need to remove like 20 files by hand... Thats pretty hard, so the easiert way, is to make a nandroid and if you dont like the new version after the flash, you can restore the backup.
Hope that's what you meant, but this is NO discussion thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to N00BY0815 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingzain900
Old
Thanks Meter 73
You might want to add the Governors and I/O schedulers link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242323

It's pretty helpful if you ask me and now that Zeus v6 is working, so many people have questions regarding these things...
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 fused with HTC One
Primary ROM: FoxHound GearEngine 3.1 (4.3)
Secondary ROM: HTC One Sense 5 Port (4.3)
Kernel: Faux Kernel (012u) OC to 2.1 GHz

Tablet: Nexus 7 Grouper
ROM: SmoothRom v5.2 (4.2.2)
Kernel: M-Kernel a56

If i've helped you out somehow, hit the thanks button!

Ad maiora semper.

reinbeau
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,690
Default Not a Q&A thread!

Once again, this is not a Q&A thread. If you've got a question, post it in Q&A, it will be deleted from this thread.
Ann - Not a man

Did you read the first post of the thread?

The real purpose of XDA explained in one post - Click here!

| Samsung US/Canada GSM|

Μολὼν Λαβέ

N00BY0815
Old
Thanks Meter 1,882

DONATE TO ME
Updated firstpost, gotta sum up all the ROMs that are already available for our device, but I am in quite a hurry today Damn private life

Now there is a guide, of how to root any software on your own.

Nomore need for anyone to do it for you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N00BY0815 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t0g3
Old
Thanks Meter 308
N00BY, just suggestion

how about adding info about button combo shortcut (especially in stock rom)
ex :
  • Home + power = screenshot
  • hold G button then power on = enter safe mode
  • hold power button for 5-6 second = reboot (really usefull when screen freeze and some SOD, no need to pull out the battery)
  • etc
The Following User Says Thank You to t0g3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N00BY0815
Old
(Last edited by N00BY0815; 30th April 2012 at 11:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,882

DONATE TO ME
Of course there is a way. Maybe I ll add a rooted version of it, as soon, as i got time. But there already is a general way. Will link it, as soon as I got time again

Here you go:
DO IT YOURSELF
Wanna make your own rooted software? It's quite simple, due to navossoc! Thanks for this guide and the tool.
[TOOL] Lg Extract Tool
Follow the guide, and first extract the kdz file into a cab file. Extract this cab file, then you ll get a v00y.wbd file and a LGP970.dll. 00 represents your SW version, e.g. 10 or 20 and y stands for a letter like B,N,...
So you e.g. get a file called v20N.wdb file.
Then again open the programm in cmd and extract the wdb file (see in the link above). Be sure it is in the same folder as the lgextract.exe file, or add the patch of the file. Copying it to the same folder is the easier solution
Now you ll get a new folder and in it a few bin files and one fls file.
First cd ti the new bin folder.
You need to add up all the files with this command:
copy /b "LGP970_AP[*].bin" "LGP970_AP.bin"
Now you have a flashable bin and fls file for Smartflashtool.
If you wanna root it, you need Ubuntu or another linux distribution, which supports the dd command.
Then follow THIS
It's really easy, so dont ask for rooted software anymore, but make it on your own.
To flash and actually root the SW, you need to follow THIS guide, from Step 2 on, and it will be perfectly rooted and you can be sure, that noone patched anything else in your software, cause you made it on your own

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA