Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery on Skyrocket?

Tip us?
 
Guitarboarder28
Old
#101  
Guitarboarder28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,178
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
just bought it. it leaves a small bulge on the left side but my otterbox covers that up no problem ill post results when i can get through a full cycle
 
lirong
Old
#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 217
Join Date: Feb 2012
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare this Nexus battery with the one several people have recommended from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
 
903tex
Old
#103  
903tex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 967
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Yep just bought it for 25 at Verizon! All the reps where like

"Sir you sure its fits?"
"Suppose to"

Perfect fit!

Thanks OP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Current Device

Nexus 5



Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL



IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......
 
903tex
Old
#104  
903tex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 967
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lirong View Post
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare this Nexus battery with the one several people have recommended from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

I think its doesn't have nfc be the really only difference. I have to test this nexus battery out and see the results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Current Device

Nexus 5



Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL



IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......
 
alexgarrett
Old
#105  
alexgarrett's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hillbilly Hell, MO
Is anyone's skyrocket taking forever to charge these Verizon batteries? I'm running the latest update of sky ics, and it seems like it takes an hour to gain a couple percent on the charge. It even seems to slowly discharge while I'm using it while plugged in. I've tried different cables and plugs to no avail. I even charged it fully before using it and let it fully discharge before plugging it back in. Anyone else having trouble charging this beast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
 
903tex
Old
#106  
903tex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 967
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
I'm still on the charge that was on the battery when i got it today! I already see a difference regardless if it is 15%. I trying to kill it so I can fully charge it and see how long it takes to charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Current Device

Nexus 5



Previous Devices
TO MANY TO LIST!!! LOL



IF I HELPED YOU WITH ANYTHING HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON.......
 
Guitarboarder28
Old
#107  
Guitarboarder28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 355
Posts: 1,178
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
20 hours on sky ics with heavy usage, navigation for 30mins wile streaming google music, google music stream for around 3 hours and browsing web texting a lot and downloaded an app
 
alexgarrett
Old
#108  
alexgarrett's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 296
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hillbilly Hell, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28 View Post
20 hours on sky ics with heavy usage, navigation for 30mins wile streaming google music, google music stream for around 3 hours and browsing web texting a lot and downloaded an app
Did you have any trouble with charging it like I've been having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
 
xcrazydx
Old
#109  
xcrazydx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,195
Posts: 6,306
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgarrett View Post
Did you have any trouble with charging it like I've been having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
No, mine charges just fine. They carry a warranty if you bought it from verizon. Get a new one
 
wirelessFREAK
Old
#110  
wirelessFREAK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 163
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgarrett View Post
Is anyone's skyrocket taking forever to charge these Verizon batteries? I'm running the latest update of sky ics, and it seems like it takes an hour to gain a couple percent on the charge. It even seems to slowly discharge while I'm using it while plugged in. I've tried different cables and plugs to no avail. I even charged it fully before using it and let it fully discharge before plugging it back in. Anyone else having trouble charging this beast?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
I'm thinking of 3 reasons that may cause the symptoms you talked about
1-you may have a lousy charger or cable.
2- you may have a loose port on your phone (I think I've had one since December)
3- you may have GPS and stuff running that drains your battery faster than it will charge. My car charger never kept up with GPS usage

I haven't seen any negative results from installing the battery... Other than the ****storm I got in here, for shaving some plastic off the top left corner of the battery.

I recommend 2 things in general:
1- if you have CWM, delete the battery stats
2- for the 1st couple of charges, let it sit on the charger for atleast 30 minutes after it says 'battery full'

As you can see by what I wrote above
1- I like listing things instead of forming them into a statement.
2- that shows my lack of:
A-skill
B-focus
:)
sent from my 727

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes