Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micro Arc Oxidation failure?

Tip us?

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon kin View Post
Any chipping issue on T-Mo version?
T-Mobile doesnt have MAO coating so no chipping

TurkzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 7
HT23SW - 1 week no chipping around phone, slight wear on USB port
The Following User Says Thank You to TurkzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Untouchab1e
Old
Thanks Meter 236

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
HT23SW - 1 week no chipping around phone, slight wear on USB port
Same here

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Im here to make awesome stuff happen!

jetsetwilly
Old
Thanks Meter 48
My wife dropped hers last night (the phone not her knickers) and there's a few dinks along the back. But there's also wear around the usb port from charging. She's had it about 6 days

On a side note, her screen is not nearly as sharp as my HOX. It looks a little blurry around the fonts etc.

hon kin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan View Post
T-Mobile doesnt have MAO coating so no chipping
Oh, T-Mo doesnt have the black version? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetwilly View Post
My wife dropped hers last night (the phone not her knickers) and there's a few dinks along the back. But there's also wear around the usb port from charging. She's had it about 6 days

On a side note, her screen is not nearly as sharp as my HOX. It looks a little blurry around the fonts etc.
300+ ppi is just too superior to One S, but i still too addicted to the sexy appearance of One S. If One S still chips like this, i'll get One X instead.

HTC One S // Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10i // Asus Transformer Pad TF300T

Headphone for phone: Audio Technica PRO500MK2 // Audio Technica CKS55

18inch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon kin View Post
Oh, T-Mo doesnt have the black version? Hmmm...

maybe it is a wise choice after all for T-mobile... lol, why have headaches when its already known and all over the net that the black version is a PITA if sold to a customer.

Senzune
Old
Thanks Meter 3
While there's one guy crazy enough to destroy his One S's MAO coating on gravel.. is there anyone else crazy enough to carefully peel off the coating? Or use sandpaper to do it? I'm actually quite curious now to the silver-ish material underneath which still looks like it's blasted with plasma, only.. grey.

jetsetwilly
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Yep, don't think the S screen is as sharp as the Sensation either.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Android_Mark
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Interesting that some people with later serial numbers (towards the end of March and early April) are not having this problem.

This is before the news of the chips hit the net, so did HTC know about it and change the process towards the end of March?

My contract on my Desire runs out in May, so hopefully all the rogue handsets will be off the market by then.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintusDias View Post
Ok then I decided. I'm going for the grey version! I'll go look at the black one in the shop once it's available here to see what that feels like and what I am missing, or not lol
Just a quick point - make sure you ask to see a 'real' handset - Don't know about all shops, but the display model in CarPhone Warehouse (UK) was black but definately not MAO - felt like plastic to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Mark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aureleuz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komadyret View Post
Had mine for the weekend now hiking in the mountains and generally using the phone as I expect to use it, and I see no chipping i can't explain. Edges look fine, as do the rest of the bodywork.
Only places I can see glimpse of aluminum is around (almost inside) the micro-usb entry hole. This I would say is expected, as I have a little trouble getting the cable to hit the hole right in pitch dark (alright, I've gone to bed a fair bit later than my spouse, and didn't want to turn on the lights and wake her up)

So far I must say I'm happy with the phone and the finish. Lets see how it fares after a week at work. Two days in the delivery-truck followed by two nights of unloading parcels and pallets from containers. I expect it to hit the floor at least once, falling from my pocket

Expect an update next weekend
I've had my phone for almost 2 weeks now and there appear to be no visible chipping around edges at all. Just the inside of the micro-USB port as you just explained, since obviously, before coming to this thread I wasn't being particulary touchy about plugging the cable in.

My phone is also bought in Norway btw, at a Netcom store. Sorry to hear other people complaining so much about their handset when mine turned out to be such a fantastic and fabulous looking device

Just luck I guess?

Tags
one s flaw, one s scratches