Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Tip us?

Shree_Jamdar
Old
(Last edited by Shree_Jamdar; 20th April 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt View Post
i have one small issue, when i listen to music with poweramp, it sounds great! (thanks DeHuMaNiZeD) but when i watch youtube vids, its crackling a lot. would a reflash fix it or is it due to the kernel. i heard that a few people had this as well but mine is just in youtube vids. is it due to megabass mod ? also, could it be because i installed lebidous drivers? (i installed it to see any difference in video peformance)
No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.

peter_baz
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by moikop View Post
I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.
its still patched with openfimg right? game dont work as in a7 :\
but thnx anyway

alb3rtt
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shree_Jamdar View Post
No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.
is the openfimg version in that update.zip newer than the one in alpha8.1a?
Phone: Black Nexus 5 32GB
Setup: Purity w/UBER Kernel and ART.

prabhuthelegend
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Hai..how to get back the apps that are their in sd-ext
I am using arakmars kernel..I moved some of the apps
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel

santhosh5639
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there any chances to add indian languages to this rom.....??? i get square boxes on indian languages hindi, tamil, kannada etc...

Shree_Jamdar
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt View Post
is the openfimg version in that update.zip newer than the one in alpha8.1a?
its gotta be the same version as in cm alpha8.1a. because i asked for it. so its gotta be the latest. and i dont think there is a newer version than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shree_Jamdar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Axel1709
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuthelegend View Post
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel
I also happen :S
Right Now

(GSM) Galaxy Nexus with shock room Jelly Beans

Older
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile phone: Galaxy 3

Custom roms: Cynogenmod 7.2 A8.2

Custom kernel: CM7 shock
expression in English: not good but I understad somthing :P

wating: Cyanogenmod 7 alpha 9 or RC
wating: ICS/ CM9 stable
edit: 25/06/12

i_rnb
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh5639 View Post
Is there any chances to add indian languages to this rom.....??? i get square boxes on indian languages hindi, tamil, kannada etc...
may u can try using the fonts from cm9 .. coz they worked just fine with native unicodes.. :/
Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-i5801
CyanogenMod7.2 (Unofficial Port by marcellusbe)

Motorola Moto G 16GB Dual XT1033
Stock 4.4.2

dhirend_6d
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuthelegend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel1709 View Post
I also happen :S
You can t. But maybe you should try this. Install Link2SD app from market. Open up Link2SD, select mount script as ext4 when it asks for it (Only if you have ext4 partition, if you have ext3 partition, select ext3). Then reboot. Check if you can see the apps again.

EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED. CONNECTION IS POWER.

Samsung Galaxy SIII: AOSP Neat ROM | Boeffla v2.x | PhilZ Touch 6.19.3
Theme Applied: Stock

moikop
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 694

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_baz View Post
its still patched with openfimg right? game dont work as in a7 :\
but thnx anyway
Of course. It's got latest OpenFIMG kernel module from Arakmar's repo + some patches found there as well.
My developments:
If you like my work, don't forget to hit the thanks button, and consider a donation. I can't buy beer yet, but my college fund will thank you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moikop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
7.1, 7.2, cm7, custom rom, cyanogenmod, gingerbread