FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

746 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,639
 
By marcellusbe, Senior Member on 29th May 2011, 05:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th April 2012, 09:44 PM |#6141  
Shree_Jamdar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt

i have one small issue, when i listen to music with poweramp, it sounds great! (thanks DeHuMaNiZeD) but when i watch youtube vids, its crackling a lot. would a reflash fix it or is it due to the kernel. i heard that a few people had this as well but mine is just in youtube vids. is it due to megabass mod ? also, could it be because i installed lebidous drivers? (i installed it to see any difference in video peformance)

No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.
Last edited by Shree_Jamdar; 20th April 2012 at 09:53 PM.
 
 
20th April 2012, 11:36 PM |#6142  
peter_baz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 327
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moikop

I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.

its still patched with openfimg right? game dont work as in a7 :\
but thnx anyway
21st April 2012, 04:35 AM |#6143  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 766
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shree_Jamdar

No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.

is the openfimg version in that update.zip newer than the one in alpha8.1a?
21st April 2012, 06:32 AM |#6144  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Donate to Me
More
Hai..how to get back the apps that are their in sd-ext
I am using arakmars kernel..I moved some of the apps
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel
21st April 2012, 12:48 PM |#6145  
Member
Flag Mangalore
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Is there any chances to add indian languages to this rom.....??? i get square boxes on indian languages hindi, tamil, kannada etc...
21st April 2012, 02:50 PM |#6146  
Shree_Jamdar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rtt

is the openfimg version in that update.zip newer than the one in alpha8.1a?

its gotta be the same version as in cm alpha8.1a. because i asked for it. so its gotta be the latest. and i dont think there is a newer version than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shree_Jamdar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:37 PM |#6147  
Axel1709's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuthelegend

Hai..how to get back the apps that are their in sd-ext
I am using arakmars kernel..I moved some of the apps
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel

I also happen :S
21st April 2012, 06:14 PM |#6148  
i_rnb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 240
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh5639

Is there any chances to add indian languages to this rom.....??? i get square boxes on indian languages hindi, tamil, kannada etc...

may u can try using the fonts from cm9 .. coz they worked just fine with native unicodes.. :/
21st April 2012, 06:39 PM |#6149  
dhirend_6d's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,218
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuthelegend

Hai..how to get back the apps that are their in sd-ext
I am using arakmars kernel..I moved some of the apps
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel1709

I also happen :S

You can t. But maybe you should try this. Install Link2SD app from market. Open up Link2SD, select mount script as ext4 when it asks for it (Only if you have ext4 partition, if you have ext3 partition, select ext3). Then reboot. Check if you can see the apps again.
21st April 2012, 11:08 PM |#6150  
moikop's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 695
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_baz

its still patched with openfimg right? game dont work as in a7 :\
but thnx anyway

Of course. It's got latest OpenFIMG kernel module from Arakmar's repo + some patches found there as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moikop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 12:07 AM |#6151  
marcellusbe's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Québec City
Thanks Meter: 4,639
 
More
non-oc Kernel : http://cm7-i5800.googlecode.com/file...1.5_non_oc.tar
ultra oc 1260mhz : http://cm7-i5800.googlecode.com/file...ultra_1260.tar
Last edited by marcellusbe; 22nd April 2012 at 12:15 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marcellusbe For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7.1, 7.2, cm7, custom rom, cyanogenmod, gingerbread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes