Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,834 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{KERNEL - DEV} (Open Source Kernel) XpLoDWilD's PopAds Kernel- NOTE IS BACK!(30.4.12)

Tip us?

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4836
Thread Cleaned

This thread was getting way out of hand, so i have mass culled some posts. Please dont get into a open argument, its always best to report your concerns with a moderator, i guarantee it will be dealt with professionally. If you have nothing constructive to add to this thread then dont post! Stop asking for ETAs, the developer will release information as it is available. If this continues i will take it as failure to cooperate with a moderator.

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to original_ganjaman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XpLoDWilD
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14297

DONATE TO ME
Hi everyone,

Sorry for being silent on this thread for quite a few days. As said and said and said, my phone is bricked and I sent it to the store on Monday. It should have arrived near Friday, but I still haven't got any news from them. I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

I'm truly sorry this happened, believe me that if it didn't brick, the kernel would be running already and maui and I would've released some better version of CM9 for the Note already.

Last but not least, remember that eventhough you all gave me quite an amount of money, developing kernels and stuff for Android isn't my job. I have studies, life and other things that takes time and I can't be here answering posts on XDA every hour. For instance, I was at a 24h programming challenge from Friday morning up to Saturday evening. I only got to sleep a few hours, but the first thing I did this morning (beside having my brain exploding xD) is writing here.

Don't worry. That summarize it
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 Asus TF300T, TF700T Sony Xperia T (mint) LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 Oppo Find 5, N1
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matius44
Old
Thanks Meter 1076
No worries mate, we know you have lives too
But am teeling you, CM9 is up to some serious competition in custom ROMs departments :P since the last update was over 3 months ago and I hope you'll do a great job
Thanks a lot chasmodo, great friends are rare these days

XpLoDWilD
Old
Thanks Meter 14297

DONATE TO ME
Got news from the store: They sent it to Samsung for a repair. Depending on when they sent it, I might get it by the end of the month or early next month.
I'm thinking about buying a new one so I can work on it earlier, and then sell the other one when it comes back from repair. I'll keep you informed.
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
______
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE

Samsung Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 Asus TF300T, TF700T Sony Xperia T (mint) LG Nexus 4, Nexus 5 Oppo Find 5, N1
and other devices you've never heard of.
______
Press "Thanks" if I helped !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XpLoDWilD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post
Got news from the store: They sent it to Samsung for a repair. Depending on when they sent it, I might get it by the end of the month or early next month.
I'm thinking about buying a new one so I can work on it earlier, and then sell the other one when it comes back from repair. I'll keep you informed.
yes bro, please buy a new one and sell the other one. its time for sexy kernels in the note dev!! enough of all the devs using stock i9220 kernels haha

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
its not about donations or not. we are beyond that

if you dont know about the dev, please read about him. he is the main teamhacksung dev and has created the open sources for cm9 kernel bases too.

and cm9 official coming to the note will have kernel base from teamhacksung which will be created by him, which can be used on aokp, aosp and cm9 based roms.
thanks!

reinbeau
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4689
Default Thread cleaned yet again

Thirteen more useless posts removed. This is definitely out of hand. The next person who

1) Ask for an ETA

2) demand that the developer'visit the thread more often'

3) Posts 'thanks for this great ROM'

or any other off-topic from Development post will be infracted, and this thread will be closed. Enough.
Ann - Not a man

Did you read the first post of the thread?

The real purpose of XDA explained in one post - Click here!

| Samsung US/Canada GSM|

Μολὼν Λαβέ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinbeau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
(Last edited by Entropy512; 21st April 2012 at 05:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLoDWilD View Post
FYI, some good news:

I just received a Galaxy Note earlier today. When xplodWILD bricked, he was CLOSE. I'm talking - within hours.

I've got things booting and usable, however:
GPS is broken - have some ideas for this
hwaccel video is broken - I hope I can unbreak this with a bit of reviewing codeworkx's work on I9100 over the past few weeks
camera untested
****-tons of other stuff untested
I need to implement codeworkx's internal/external SD card swapping stuff
Pen is completely unusable - the I9100 kernel has some nasty cruft that becomes unhappy when you try to build the pen driver so I had to disable it

xplod - i'll push everything I've got when I wake up tomorrow.

oh yeah the new inline kernel building stuff is a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS.

FYI, this was using the I9100 update4 sources, not the 3.4 project - that one is the long-term future but that'll be ****tons of work.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJsCrIBbLe
Old
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Your kidding entropy has a note omfg! Welcome dude.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

androidindian
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
FYI, some good news:

I just received a Galaxy Note earlier today. When xplodWILD bricked, he was CLOSE. I'm talking - within hours.

I've got things booting and usable, however:
GPS is broken - have some ideas for this
hwaccel video is broken - I hope I can unbreak this with a bit of reviewing codeworkx's work on I9100 over the past few weeks
camera untested
****-tons of other stuff untested
I need to implement codeworkx's internal/external SD card swapping stuff
Pen is completely unusable - the I9100 kernel has some nasty cruft that becomes unhappy when you try to build the pen driver so I had to disable it

xplod - i'll push everything I've got when I wake up tomorrow.

oh yeah the new inline kernel building stuff is a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS.

FYI, this was using the I9100 update4 sources, not the 3.4 project - that one is the long-term future but that'll be ****tons of work.
Wowowow

All amazing devs on note now... welcome and thank you entropy!!

Thank you xplod and neobuddy and imilka ...all amazing guys!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Tags
##please remove those silly tags##, android 4.0, aosp, development, free phone, kernel, open source, pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism, suckers, vaporware, yes this is dog