SebastianFM or Faux123 kernal?!

OP ddavij

21st April 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Well I'm a little confused with these kernels, I have tried using both kernels with ARHD and the only one that seems to work correctly is the SebastianFM. The fuax123 kernel just keeps my phones CPU cores both at 1.51ghz, without any intelidemand governors, also, regarding RAM management, which one is the best between the two?

If anyone understands why the fuax123 kernel is acting weird, please clarify cause I'm stumpted,

Thanks a lot!
21st April 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 122

1,194 posts
They are both great kernels I used bricked kernel myself but used to use Sebastian kernel for a long time just try them both for a week see what you like the best

Sent from my Xoom tablet using Tapatalk
21st April 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

61 posts
faux shouldn't be forcing both cores online, especially with his newer intellidemand tweaks. You can read his explanation on his thread. Which version of faux are you using? There was also a problem reported by some ARHD users that faux came with ondemand by default when they flashed the ROM. Reflashing the kernel should correct that.

I've used both kernels and both are fine for me, although different phones seem to prefer different kernels. It also depends on your usage pattern. As mike1986. himself says, if you're happy with your kernel, then don't change it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA
21st April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter890

faux shouldn't be forcing both cores online, especially with his newer intellidemand tweaks. You can read his explanation on his thread. Which version of faux are you using? There was also a problem reported by some ARHD users that faux came with ondemand by default when they flashed the ROM. Reflashing the kernel should correct that.

I've used both kernels and both are fine for me, although different phones seem to prefer different kernels. It also depends on your usage pattern. As mike1986. himself says, if you're happy with your kernel, then don't change it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Im actually having that very same problem of my governor being on "ondemand", how shall I reinstall the kernal, do I download faux's kernal from his forum or reinstalls ARHD and install the kernel given their during the installation process.
Thanks!
21st April 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,264

5,494 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavij

Im actually having that very same problem of my governor being on "ondemand", how shall I reinstall the kernal, do I download faux's kernal from his forum or reinstalls ARHD and install the kernel given their during the installation process.
Thanks!

You can download the kernel from faux thread...and can flash it just like flashing Rom/any mod.....flashing kernel via Rom will give you the same results again....

Also if you just want to change the govener you can install system tuner to change it to intellidemand governer and apply the changes in system tuner to keep it for every reboot

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves
The Following User Says Thank You to ganeshp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Melbourne

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshp

You can download the kernel from faux thread...and can flash it just like flashing Rom/any mod.....flashing kernel via Rom will give you the same results again....

Also if you just want to change the govener you can install system tuner to change it to intellidemand governer and apply the changes in system tuner to keep it for every reboot

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

Thanks for your fast reply!
I'll reinstall that kernal,
I don't want to install system tuner and need to have it always running in the background for the cpu to be in intellidemand, that's why I want the kernel to do it automatically,
but ill try and flash the kernal again,
thank you!
21st April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag kurunegala
Thanks Meter: 37

546 posts
Donate to Me
More
try bricked kernel

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA
21st April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #8  
islamabad
Thanks Meter: 59

382 posts
More
Bricked Rocks , u should give it a try show-p kernel wid new badass governer
21st April 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #9  

53 posts
I tryed each kernel, and i had a problem with the first flashing of each one, dunno why!
i had to reflash always twice time, and at the second time everything were good.

i'm now holding Faux kernel, i think is awsome, let have a look at my attachments to see my battery usage with intellidemand..

bricked one is good too, as all the other users told u...TRY'EM ALL!

Lollaz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faux kernel.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1017460  
21st April 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #10  
Finfine
Thanks Meter: 58

52 posts
I have used Sebastian kernel for weeks. Tried also faux. I had my best experience with bricked on ARHD 6.6.3.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread