Sensation XE or Desire HD screen Mod

Tip us?

Khuz360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Sensation XE or Desire HD screen Mod

Hi

So I was wondering is it possible to replace the screen on the HTC sensation XE or the Desire HD with the screen from a HTC Rezound and is it possible to switch the RAM from Rezound with either of the other 2 phones

The reason I would want to do this is because the Rezound is far superior to either of the phones but is unavailable in the UK.

Yes I know that it will completely void any warranty etc but practically speaking is it possible??

Nitro_123
Old
Thanks Meter 60
I do not think so.
It IS possible practically but the money and hard work will equal a new phone's price :P
Please correct me if I am wrong
Trying to help

stumpyz9
Old
Thanks Meter 475

DONATE TO ME
lol why do people always asks these questions, first of all for the screens, they probably all are different dimensions and each will have dfferent connectors/ connector locations so highly unlikely to get a different screen. second , the ram, i doubt that the rezounds ram will be compatable with either, people dont realize how the hardware on theese devices is. plus you would have to manually desolder/resolder all of those pins which means you would have to be a pro at smt soldering. and what will you do if you(hypothetically) get it together? Unless you are also a great dev there no way youll be able to get the thing to even boot up. so just stick with the phone the way it was made, dont like em, dont buy em
GONE - To many to List

CURRENT -

White Galaxy Nexus - want to buy it?

If i've helped you, Thank me!

sensation lover
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Well having asked HTC so see if it was even possible, the rep. said he would ask an engineer because he thought it was a good idea to replace the senastion screen with a super amoled. He said that the leading UK engineer told him that it cannot be done as it is a service HTC is not planning to use and while chatting with the rep. he told me that it would just be too costly and the risk of breaking the phone would just be too large. in his words, "you may as well just buy a new phone"
HTC Sensation-----> Samsung Galaxy S2 -------> HTC ONE X ------------> SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS & SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 10.1

taptaptouch
Old
Thanks Meter 147
It wont work, and if you did get it to work the OS wouldn't just magically bump itself up to work on the 720p
Back in Vietnamek
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubi08 View Post
Log cat or it didn't happen

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2