FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Kexec News

21st April 2012, 05:15 AM |#1  
KEB64's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Not sure but I think this is good news for us?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25092595

The End.
 
 
21st April 2012, 06:24 AM |#2  
tmease1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 369
 
More
How many kernel devs do we have? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 05:31 PM |#3  
farshad525hou's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 436
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmease1

How many kernel devs do we have? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

As of now I know Jim is working on kexec for our phone. He says it can be buggy at times though...
21st April 2012, 06:51 PM |#4  
tmease1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 369
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farshad525hou

As of now I know Jim is working on kexec for our phone. He says it can be buggy at times though...

I just meant in general. So we only have one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
Last edited by tmease1; 21st April 2012 at 06:54 PM.
21st April 2012, 07:32 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag white city oregon
Thanks Meter: 213
 
Donate to Me
More
I can count 4-5 right now.
Go into the dev section and check out the ROMS we have

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 07:48 PM |#6  
tmease1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 369
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99017d

I can count 4-5 right now.
Go into the dev section and check out the ROMS we have

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

I know what roms we have. Some devs that can put together roms, will not touch kernels and vice versa.


Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
Last edited by tmease1; 21st April 2012 at 07:56 PM.
21st April 2012, 10:13 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag white city oregon
Thanks Meter: 213
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmease1

I know what roms we have. Some devs that can put together roms, will not touch kernels and vice versa.


Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Well right now we cant touch kernel's.
Unless we use kexex from my understanding.
Jim is working things out with kexex

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 10:15 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag white city oregon
Thanks Meter: 213
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farshad525hou

As of now I know Jim is working on kexec for our phone. He says it can be buggy at times though...

Sorry, when i first read your post i did not see that you asked about kernels.

My bad

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 10:27 PM |#9  
tmease1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 369
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99017d

Sorry, when i first read your post i did not see that you asked about kernels.

My bad

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Don't let it happen again.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes