Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,978 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why.?

Tip us?

AnDrOpErZ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Why.?

I wanna know why Devs. Criticize new devs. Creations and say all you did was build from a stock rom. That's all any dev does. No dev has actually made a rom without using the epics base except for maybe CM team. All devs do is build from stocks and add features that we can download ourselves. I'm not dissing any devs. I'm just saying stop criticizing new devs. And respect their effort. You have to start small to become big.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Coycaine
Old
Thanks Meter 1061

I got mine ready!
The Following User Says Thank You to Coycaine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6160

DONATE TO ME
Its not all new devs that are criticized. What you and your team need to do is make a rom with something that is not just the exact same thing as stock with a theme and beats flashed. You need some kind of interesting features rather than just doing stock and adding a few flashable zips like beats in. Maybe you need some themers and other developers to provide features and an experience that is not already on the epic. Again, you also need to give credit in the op. Just take a bit more time on the next rom and provide something unique and everyone will get off your back. Please dont take this post the wrong way. I dont mean anything rude.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkierawr
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Because your grammar and punctuation suck.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darkierawr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orlzzt
Old
Thanks Meter 1671
Whoa! Darkman be on a roll today! Tell us again what you think about Apple?

And to Androp; you know from my posts that I am a peace-loving non-confrontational kind of guy, but your efforts so far leave people feeling uneasy. Go to the mods, get set up properly, have testers try out your work, and then post. Like Xboxfanj said, if you offer something unique or different, you will get a much better reaction. "If you build it, they will come". I think if you look through our history, you will find OG Epic to be the greatest community on XDA. And as Marcusant, Kenny and I have stated, we have standards, and we are all about following protocol.
Questions? Most answers can be found HERE

"I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist."
Benjamin Disraeli
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orlzzt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4567
^^^^ nobody could have said it better!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

duce102
Old
(Last edited by duce102; 21st April 2012 at 10:18 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME

Edit: Or

Lol

Nexus - Latest Official PA
Galaxy Nexus - Latest Official PA
HPTouchpad - Latest Schizoid 2.10 AIO
The Following User Says Thank You to duce102 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

etirkca
Old
Thanks Meter 59
The word developer is loosely used. Changing around some preloaded apps, adding a 3rd party launcher and tweaks someone else coded, and a new theme does not make someone a developer. Maybe a modder at best.

Show me the code you hacked. Put it up on github for anyone to inspect.

There are actually only a few real developers around here. Then we also have plenty of "developers" who just compile other people's work without actually contributing any new code. I appreciate their work, but they are not developers.

The Following User Says Thank You to etirkca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

‹BERô
Old
(Last edited by ‹BERô; 21st April 2012 at 09:53 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8923

DONATE TO ME
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335041014740.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1017725  
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

The Following User Says Thank You to ‹BERô For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MДЯCЦSДИT
Old
(Last edited by MДЯCЦSДИT; 21st April 2012 at 11:14 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4621

DONATE TO ME
My roms do not have features you can just add yourself...... I wrote some of the speed tweaks myself. I also modded certain parts of the framework (smali, etc.). I went through and optimized every single apk and modified some libs for speed... The reason that people did not like your work was that you gave absolutely no credit and STOLE my work and renamed it for wakerom. This is not accepted here... if you came with a legitimate ROM, people would not argue.... I also code my own kernel (see my github) . My first ROM (the old marcusantrom I believe) had framework mods and actually ported some things from the nexus and added Res mods myself and made my own theme.. I always attempt to keep a good OP structure and grammar (point out mistakes if you want to). Also, after putting out a ROM, make sure you know everything about it (have your developer post the ROM).

Heck, I didn't even consider myself a developer until I did my kernel and I still did more than your 'team'.

Example of development:
github.com/marcusant
github.com/aprosamurai
github.com/bbelos
github.com/toadlife
github.com/cyanogenmod

IB4L

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MДЯCЦSДИT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe