Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RIP Mytouch 4g Slide....

Tip us?
 
monkor
Old
#1  
monkor's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 528
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DC
Default RIP Mytouch 4g Slide....

I was at the Caps-Bruins game last night, left my MT4GS in the cupholder, and someone stole that badboy when I got up to go to the bathroom. So disappointed right now, and I'm hoping someone turns it in...in the meantime i'm stuck using a *ick* Samsung Exhibit 4g.
We had some great moments, MT4GS. Remember the time I boot looped you while flashing a ROM without doing a full wipe? Remember that constant green mytouch emblem you always gave me when I was still running stock? Ah, the good times. And who can forget when we finally flashed Virtuous Inquisition? It made you supreme. You're going to be missed, and you'll always share a special place in my heart as the first touchscreen qwerty phone that was worth a crap.
Do I get a new phone, wait for a newer phone to come out, or replace my stolen one with another MT4GS? Suggestions? Comments?
 
Some_dude36
Old
#2  
Some_dude36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 520
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: hollow earth

 
DONATE TO ME
Seems like everyone is jumping the doubleshot ship .... I wont be getting rid of mine anytime soon . FYI the new hanwei mytouch qwerty is going to be a downgrade compared to the htc doubleshot 5 mp cam 720p rec I think single core 1.5 I personally dig htc phones. .. I even miss the ol hd2's I once owned I had like 4 of those things kept breaking them though :/
 
monkor
Old
#3  
monkor's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 528
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_dude36 View Post
Seems like everyone is jumping the doubleshot ship .... I wont be getting rid of mine anytime soon . FYI the new hanwei mytouch qwerty is going to be a downgrade compared to the htc doubleshot 5 mp cam 720p rec I think single core 1.5 I personally dig htc phones. .. I even miss the ol hd2's I once owned I had like 4 of those things kept breaking them though :/
I wouldn't have jumped ship if it hadn't gotten taken, and I still might not. I'm just wondering if there are some other options, maybe better ones. HTC phones actually are awesome, but that was my first one so I can't say for certain all the others are just as good...
 
AgentCherryColla
Old
#4  
AgentCherryColla's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 511
Posts: 1,471
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carpentersville
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkor View Post
I wouldn't have jumped ship if it hadn't gotten taken, and I still might not. I'm just wondering if there are some other options, maybe better ones. HTC phones actually are awesome, but that was my first one so I can't say for certain all the others are just as good...
I've been testing a friends Galaxy Note. By Glob it's amazing. The 5.3" screen makes you never wanna use a QWERTY. You do look very dumb holding the phone to your head. But I have a weird headset I've been using with it (I always use a wired as I have horrible hearing). If you have the cash, get a AT&T version, then flash the T-Mobile radio. Also remember, this is coming from a hardcore QWERTY lover.

I Wish it was a Galaxy Note >:T
Phones: iPhone (3G/s) MyTouch 4GSlide CyanogenMod (7/9/10[.1]) Galaxy S II (TMOUS) AOKP
Tablets: Kindle Fire (Cyanogenmod) Nook Color CyanogenMod
Other: Archos HomeConnect 35 CyanogenMod7 (If you want, ask)
 
2G1J
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 70
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentCherryColla View Post
I've been testing a friends Galaxy Note. By Glob it's amazing. The 5.3" screen makes you never wanna use a QWERTY. You do look very dumb holding the phone to your head. But I have a weird headset I've been using with it (I always use a wired as I have horrible hearing). If you have the cash, get a AT&T version, then flash the T-Mobile radio. Also remember, this is coming from a hardcore QWERTY lover.

I Wish it was a Galaxy Note >:T
I agree with you on the Note. I played with one at Best Buy and didn't even care that it was missing a physical keyboard. I'll definitely be buying one this summer.
 
Coug76
Old
#6  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 708
Posts: 1,908
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East of Seattle
Can the Note use T-Mo's HSPA+ network? I would ponder it if I had the network support/speed from them.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
 
CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
#7  
CoNsPiRiSiZe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 265
Posts: 1,714
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Roseville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
Can the Note use T-Mo's HSPA+ network? I would ponder it if I had the network support/speed from them.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The international version does I think. Look it up on Negri site it will tell u

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!


 
archie53
Old
#8  
archie53's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 508
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Also according to TMoNews, the Note may be coming to TMobile

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
HTC One X CM10.1 Nightly
Nexus 7 Stock Rooted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more