Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

"Petition" Qualcomm for ICS Drivers Compiled for ARMv6

OP Stevemotto

21st April 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
we can finally get ICS drivers
Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .
22nd April 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #12  
Stevemotto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janu7520

Hey Guys, we can finally get ICS drivers if we sign this petition and get more supporters. There are currently 2500+ supporters, so it would be great if you guys contributed by signing the petition like I did (its not hard).

GO TO THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION (PLEASE DON'T SPAM):

If we get enough, Qualcomm may compile the drivers for us so we can get the full ICS rom experience .

lol wut? Not sure if this is a bad troll but its been released for a while already o-0

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447
 
1,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Hummm interesting its a copy n paste of Steve's op with no link lol.

sent from my legend, currently using zeubea ics beta0
22nd April 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #14  
Stevemotto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
I know rite haha

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
So...
So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...
22nd April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #16  
Stevemotto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me4mario

So I shouldn't care about this new driver, as it is only important for the developers?
I should only be happy, because now there will be better-looking ROMs like CM9 BETA0 based port for Legend , right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please...

Umm, that's not what I meant lol... Sure you can be happy if you want but the person that will put it to use is the developer to create a rom for you to enjoy.
So you aren't entirely wrong.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevemotto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 32
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

Please don't forget that even if there were binary drivers suitable to run msm7k on ICS we'd still need an updated kernel (kgsl, etc) to use them.

Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...
24th April 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #18  
Stevemotto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabaknilesh

Now we have all this. Would like to get back to developing CM9 for Legend Miss your great work for cm9 ...

As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.
25th April 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #19  
ali ba's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 252
 
572 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemotto

As much as we all, the likelihood of him returning back is less than 50%. I think his still looking into GB for Legend in CM.

Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.


I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).


One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).
25th April 2012, 12:52 PM   |  #20  
Stevemotto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53
 
379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali ba

Well, then you actually know more than I do.

Maintaining the Gingerbread port doesn't mean I'm not looking into possibilities for ICS on the Legend we're just not doing half-done crap-releases. CM is our baby, we treat it nicely.


I'm still here, my Legend's still working and it (and a lot of other CM7 devices based on capable msm7k chipsets) will get an ICS port once a few requirements are off our list of obstacles (quite big list, quite big obstacles).


One of these requirements an Adreno driver for ICS was just recently met and yes, I'm pretty excited about that. Unfortunately there's still one big piece missing (OMX).

So if you have what you need then you will be releasing it? I thought cm gave on up the legend because it didn't have enough ram.

Glad to hear that your still attempting to compile an ICS rom for the legend

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
Last edited by Stevemotto; 25th April 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes