Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 51,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to use Beats?

Tip us?

pmgreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default How to use Beats?

Where/how do you use Beats? I have music on the Rezound but the Music play can't find it.

liqwidzero
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreen View Post
Where/how do you use Beats? I have music on the Rezound but the Music play can't find it.
You have to use the stock music app. Have you seen the red outlined "b" pop up in the status bar? If so, Beats is on. You can disable it in the dropdown status bar.

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Without modding, Beats sound enhancer is only available in the stock HTC music app and the stock video player. Hit Menu soft key > Sound enhancer for music player, or More > Sound enhancer while playing a video. The music player will also put a toggle in your notifications bar.

Beats effects only work with the line out headphone jack, not the loudspeaker out.

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 771

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you drop the music anywhere on the internal storage or SD card, it should be picked up by the music player. What format is you music in?

pmgreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I tried .MP3 and "downloaded" music from GMusic. Is there a way to link "My library" to a specific folder?

Po1soNNN
Old
Thanks Meter 292
i personally use double twist for this reason because it finds all the music that is in my itunes library and syncs it to my device.

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
I tried .MP3 and "downloaded" music from GMusic. Is there a way to link "My library" to a specific folder?
Google Music stores offline mp3 files in /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music. The files are named as integers without tags, so you are best off making copies, renaming and tagging (if you wish), and putting them on the external sd or another internal folder, e.g. /sdcard/My Music.

There is no way to scan specific folders in the stock HTC Music UI AFAIK. Easiest way to get it to detect files that don't show in the player's library is to make sure they are in a folder in /sdcard/ or the external sd, and reboot; should rescan for files and pick them up them. Perhaps someone else knows how to tweak the library, with an app or editing a file?

Frankly, I have broken my stock player at the moment from flashing ROMs and not wiping properly (ran out of Charmin Ultra lol ) Else I'd troubleshoot the problem more.

Either way, I find the HTC Music app lacking compared to PowerAmp (scans everything lightning fast), doubletwist (good for iTunes integration) and other offerings on the Play Store. I have simply done the Beats Audio mod to all sound output: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1587168 Then use whichever music player I want.

pmgreen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
thanks Phantasm, how do you install the beats audio? Does the phone have to be rooted first?

taptaptouch
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
thanks Phantasm, how do you install the beats audio? Does the phone have to be rooted first?
It comes stock with the phone
Back in Vietnamek
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubi08 View Post
Log cat or it didn't happen

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:

Yes, you must be rooted and flash a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or Amon Ra (most people would probably recommend Amon Ra for this particular device.) Then you flash the Beats audio zip file from your custom recovery.

Bear in mind that if you don't like the sound signature for whatever reason, you must reflash the ROM to restore the original sound processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taptaptouch View Post
It comes stock with the phone
Yes, but the Beats Audio sound effect is only in the stock music and video apps, not any others. This mod works on all audio output, e.g. streaming music. That is what I like about Sense 4.0: universal Beats sound effect. Wonder if 3.6 gets it.

Now, to bring this full circle, if you want to stay stock and not go through Unlocking and rooting, I wouldn't do all that for this Mod alone. Only if you intend on rooting and customizing your phone anyway. I'm sure plenty of people will suggest DSPManager or Volume+ or the EQ in PowerAmp, etc. Those options are great, customizable, and don't need root. I use all of those with and without the Mod on ROMs; it provides a better baseline sound IMHO.