5,815,265 Members 39,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Degu release archos gen7/gen8 CM7 gingerbread (update 27-01-2013)

Tip us?

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by athankar75 View Post
Can someone tell me how can i increase the mb limit size for apps?
Use a larger data.img file default one is 256 mb, in the wiki it is explained howto.
http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/AndroidI...M7_Gingerbread

divx118
The Following User Says Thank You to divx118 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philocritus
Old
Thanks Meter 222
I've been trying the new VLC media player beta and it's pretty fast when compared to mx video player, specially on software decoded videos.

it's still a beta and very unstable version but since video on our cm7 rom isn't still polished up I'm giving you guys the heads up.

Sik-1
Old
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
gen7 5it installed smoothly but im not getting any wifi, is there a solution???
Phone: ToroPlus
ROM: AOSPAL
Kernel: SupeRAM
Recovery: Philz

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik-1 View Post
gen7 5it installed smoothly but im not getting any wifi, is there a solution???
For gen7 you need to have a working original donut which is also explained http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingUpMultiRootGen7
If you can't boot into donut and have wifi then wifi also doesn't work on gingerbread.

divx118

Sik-1
Old
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx118 View Post
For gen7 you need to have a working original donut which is also explained http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/SettingUpMultiRootGen7
If you can't boot into donut and have wifi then wifi also doesn't work on gingerbread.

divx118
That didn't happen in rc2, but ok I'll have to add donut to the menu list

Sent from my Wildfire S using XDA
Phone: ToroPlus
ROM: AOSPAL
Kernel: SupeRAM
Recovery: Philz

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sik-1 View Post
That didn't happen in rc2, but ok I'll have to add donut to the menu list

Sent from my Wildfire S using XDA
Then you had still the original data partition from donut available and were lucky.
BTW I think you also need to copy over a fresh image file for gingerbread after you confirmed wifi is working on donut. I don't know for sure, need to look at the code when they copy over the files.

divx118
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divx118 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jm700wx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Divx, just want to thank you for your work on this. It has taken my Archos from something I hated using to something that finally works right. Thanks!!!!

athankar75
Old
(Last edited by athankar75; 21st April 2012 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Use a larger data.img file default one is 256 mb, in the wiki it is explained howto.
http://dev.openaos.org/wiki/AndroidI...M7_Gingerbread

divx118
I finally manage to create a powerful tablet with this firmware. I get 1927 score in quadrant (unbelievable!). Smoother and faster with new interface, it is like to buy new tablet. Only thing i try to solve is that i get a message "this application is not compatible with your device" for some apps in the market, which is not true for sure...

divx118
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by athankar75 View Post
Only thing i try to solve is that i get a message "this application is not compatible with your device" for some apps in the market, which is not true for sure...
Which apps don't work? If you find anything that can solve your issue, please let me know.

BTW I got the USB host port working for mouse and keyboard, also usb mass storage for the sdcard works so you can mount it on your PC. Of course usb mass storage won't work for the internal storage, because the image file is on that and I can't unmount it like mentioned before.
Just need to fix auto mounting usb sticks and clean up some code.
The fix should be in the next release.

divx118
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divx118 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

athankar75
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Which apps don't work? If you find anything that can solve your issue, please let me know.

BTW I got the USB host port working for mouse and keyboard, also usb mass storage for the sdcard works so you can mount it on your PC. Of course usb mass storage won't work for the internal storage, because the image file is on that and I can't unmount it like mentioned before.
Just need to fix auto mounting usb sticks and clean up some code.
The fix should be in the next release.

divx118
for example bubble explode, trial extreme, diversion and some more...