No registration required

[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

OP blarfiejandro

21st April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #5001  
Flag Fort Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 14

88 posts
More
How do you solve the invalid package issue?
22nd April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #5002  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 567

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhood93

How do you solve the invalid package issue?

Links2SD is what most people use.

I just use Titanium Backup to backup and uninstall some app(s) I don't use often. Then I can download anything, and when I need the app I've uninstalled, I just restore it via TB.
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryScript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #5003  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 45

380 posts
More
Should my phone be "awake" almost all the time??
I made some changes to my phone in the last few days: upgraded to Jerry's latest, installed tvall's kernel, removed my OC settings (back down to stock settings) via CPU Master, etc...

My battery seems to be dropping much faster than I'm used to. When I checked my battery stats I noticed that the phone seems to be 'awake' almost constantly--even though it's screen-off and in it's case on my belt the vast majority of the day...

I'm not sure I'm really clear on what 'awake' and 'sleep' states refer to--should my phone be this awake this often? (attached)

I'm used to having a battery in the high-70's to mid-80's after a full day of typical use....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1335060446821.png
Views:	201
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1018055  
Last edited by wilberfan; 22nd April 2012 at 04:19 AM.
22nd April 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #5004  
Flag Las Vegas

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan

I made some changes to my phone in the last few days: upgraded to Jerry's latest, installed tvall's kernel, removed my OC settings (back down to stock settings) via CPU Master, etc...

My battery seems to be dropping much faster than I'm used to. When I checked my battery stats I noticed that the phone seems to be 'awake' almost constantly--even though it's screen-off and in it's case on my belt the vast majority of the day...

I'm not sure I'm really clear on what 'awake' and 'sleep' states refer to--should my phone be this awake this often? (attached)

I'm used to having a battery in the high-70's to mid-80's after a full day of typical use....

You get a full day on BACKside with normal usage, that's about it.

20-27 hours is the norm, but it all depends on the apps/widgets/settings you run, and the cell phone reception you have at the moment. Some people with basically nothing running get 30-40, but I prefer to use a smart phone, and that means apps are running that use the battery. I average 26hrs on a single charge.

Remember, rebooting, installing apps, testing apps out after a new ROM install to see how they work, all this eats your battery up the first few days after installation. For example, the second or even third day, you may use apps you haven't since a ROM update/install, and so the cache and/or dalvik-cache may need to be rebuilt for that app, or the app may need to do extra communication with host servers to download data you wiped before installing, etc, all eating extra battery.
22nd April 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #5005  
Thanks Meter: 3

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaboat23

I bought it off somebody on craigslist (they bought it new on black friday from target), so I don't know if this applies to me, but it's worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkbnk

Call Virgin Mobile.. Even if you don't have insurance they give you a 1 year warranty on the phone. I don't have insurance and just had mine replaced a few weeks ago due to a bad button. Call them up and they will do some troubleshooting and when it doesn't work they'll ship you one out. I got mine next day not incuding weekend

You're right! Five minutes on the line with VM and they're sending a replacement phone free of charge.
22nd April 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #5006  
Flag So Cal

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript

Remember, rebooting, installing apps, testing apps out after a new ROM install to see how they work, all this eats your battery up the first few days after installation. For example, the second or even third day, you may use apps you haven't since a ROM update/install, and so the cache and/or dalvik-cache may need to be rebuilt for that app, or the app may need to do extra communication with host servers to download data you wiped before installing, etc, all eating extra battery.

I've hung out here enough to know I should wait a few days before becoming concerned about battery usage... But this is, like, day three and I was wearing the phone most of the day (ie, not using it much). It's plummeting way quicker than I'm used to. I might restore my last backup and see if things are any different...
The Following User Says Thank You to wilberfan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #5007  
Flag Las Vegas

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberfan

I've hung out here enough to know I should wait a few days before becoming concerned about battery usage... But this is, like, day three and I was wearing the phone most of the day (ie, not using it much). It's plummeting way quicker than I'm used to. I might restore my last backup and see if things are any different...

Google betterbatterystats and use it to determine what is using your juice.
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryScript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #5008  
Flag So Cal

380 posts
More
Maybe this is why our plans are so cheap?

http://gizmodo.com/5902947/which-car...g-connections/
22nd April 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #5009  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 161

407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryScript

Google betterbatterystats and use it to determine what is using your juice.

I use Badass Battery Monitor. Hit App Sucker in the menu, and it lists everything that uses battery with the percentage of battery it uses, and you can manage the apps right from there.

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dingermtb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #5010  
Thanks Meter: 13

65 posts
More
Just something i noticed for you guys tweaking the governors:
On my phone, I've noticed Pandora and the phone in general are more responsive when on demand is used. Interactive seems to have problems with the screen locked. Pandora gets slow and the deciding seems to lag. Also while actively using the phone, it is more responsive while multitasking , ie using this app, typing with Swype, and listening to Pandora. Lags horribly on interactive

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread