Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Couple of Questions

Tip us?
 
sm625614
Old
(Last edited by sm625614; 21st April 2012 at 05:31 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 212
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Couple of Questions

Just picked mine up yesterday and all i can say is wow.

I just have a couple of questions

1. How do i remove the arrows on the htc sence 4 keyboard.

2. How do i remove facebook birthdays from the calander.

3. Also how do i take advantage of the drobox 25gb offer?
Thanks
 
Artimus009
Old
#2  
Artimus009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 825
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Jacksonvillle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm625614 View Post
Just picked mine up yesterday and all i can say is wow.

I just have a couple of questions

1. How do i remove the arrows on the htc sence 4 keyboard.

2. How do i remove facebook birthdays from the calander.

3. Also how do i take advantage of the drobox 25gb offer?
Thanks
1. I think you need to switch keyboards

2. That is a Facebook setting. Just turn that off.

3. Open up app and register for it.

Google is your friend!

Task...get the one x...
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747
The Following User Says Thank You to Artimus009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sm625614
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 212
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
1. I think you need to switch keyboards

2. That is a Facebook setting. Just turn that off.

3. Open up app and register for it.

Google is your friend!

Task...get the one x...
When i open it up and sign into my account or create a new one it dosnt give me the option to register and it says i only have 2gbs.

In facebook their is no setting to turn off calander syncing. Nor could i find one in the calander.

I know their are other keyboards i was wondering if anyone knew how to turn off the arrows
 
PeterGuru
Old
#4  
PeterGuru's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1143
Posts: 1,407
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
1. I think you need to switch keyboards.
TRUE! You cannot turn off the arrows on the HTC keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
2. That is a Facebook setting. Just turn that off.
TRUE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
3. Open up app and register for it.
Worked for me, although, I now have both versions of the phone, yet I only got the free 23GB. Am I being greedy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus009 View Post
Task...get the one x...
So far I'd have to agree. The North American ONE X seems to be superior to me, but that's simply my opinion.

Peter
MODEL: ....Samsung Galaxy Note 3
VERSION: ..SM-N900W8 (Rogers - 32GB)
RECOVERY: .TWRP v2.7.1.0
ANDROID: ..4.4.3
ROM/BUILD: CM11-20140619-NIGHTLY-hlte
KERNEL: ...3.4.0-gce6df71
RADIO: ....N900W8VLUCNB7


"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterGuru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Artimus009
Old
#5  
Artimus009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 129
Posts: 825
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Jacksonvillle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
So far I'd have to agree. The North American ONE X seems to be superior to me, but that's simply my opinion.

Peter
I changed my sig to this not to long ago so it would be in his face every time I post on xda. I'm going nuts here for the 6th to come already and I want as many of the att SGSII devs to jump ship with me! I'm def. being greedy

sent from my @Task...get the one x...
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747
The Following User Says Thank You to Artimus009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sm625614
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 212
Join Date: Apr 2011
OK thanks i got the dropbox to work and also that sucks about the arrows the keyboards perfect besides that. Also the Facebook calendar setting i cannot seem to find anywhere in the Facebook app or calendar settings.
 
danada
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 83
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm625614 View Post
OK thanks i got the dropbox to work and also that sucks about the arrows the keyboards perfect besides that. Also the Facebook calendar setting i cannot seem to find anywhere in the Facebook app or calendar settings.
For the facebook calendar, try this:

Go into your calendar app, press the Calendar All calendars dropdown on the top left of the screen. Deselect facebook, or birthdays or whichever calender you don't want.

I'm not using FB on my phone, so I can't test this.
~dan
The Following User Says Thank You to danada For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sm625614
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 212
Join Date: Apr 2011
thanks that worked!!!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes