Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getting 8.9 Tuesday

Tip us?

falcon26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Getting 8.9 Tuesday

Well I get my 8.9 Tuesday. I got a refurbished one for $300. I know it comes with Honeycomb 3.2. Now I am assuming that ICS will not be released for the 8.9 or any other tab 1 until the Tab 2's come out. So is it safe to assume that ICS on these Tab 1's will not happen for at least another 1-2 months?

lilsim89
Old
(Last edited by lilsim89; 22nd April 2012 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)

sbeddoesdesign
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Official ICS update is said to be coming in May.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

falcon26
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
That's what I figured. I don't think Samsung would release it before the Tab 2's are out. Both the 7 inch and 10.1 inch version. If I had to gues ICS for the 8.9 will probably come late May....

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsim89 View Post
That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)
Correction: there are ICS ROMs for the 7300 and 7310 by the Galaxian Soup team. The only caveat is that we're still waiting for camera drivers.

On the AT&T LTE version, you are probably correct.

knipp21
Old
Thanks Meter 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia View Post
Correction: there are ICS ROMs for the 7300 and 7310 by the Galaxian Soup team. The only caveat is that we're still waiting for camera drivers.

On the AT&T LTE version, you are probably correct.
yup and they run great. i have a nandroid of the 3.2 rom for when i deploy and need to talk to my wife

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium
I'm No dev, no need to donate. Just a simple thanks

Follow me on Google Plus!

https://plus.google.com/115380001456117289879/posts