Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Forcing Whatsapp to stay connected ?

Tip us?

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] Forcing Whatsapp to stay connected ?

Hi,
I have a problem with Whatsapp program. It works perfectly fine when it comes to sending messages, although I have a problem with staying connected. The messages are delayed (sometimes it's even over 30 minutes) and when I simply wanna unlock my phone and text someone, the person won't receive my message until I reconnect my mobile data (grey clock icon on the left of my message). I've already seen many instructions on the net, like reinstalling Whatsapp, rebooting my phone, checking if my sync works and all that, but none of them worked for me. It really starts to annoy me, but I like this program alot and I don't want to give up on it that fast. So is there any way to force Whatsapp to stay connected full-time ?

I'm using MiniCM-2.2.0 with latest nAa Kernel.

Regards

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Bump, spent the whole night browsing the net for similliar topics and found nothing...

bubr3g
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziemny View Post
Hi,
I have a problem with Whatsapp program. It works perfectly fine when it comes to sending messages, although I have a problem with staying connected. The messages are delayed (sometimes it's even over 30 minutes) and when I simply wanna unlock my phone and text someone, the person won't receive my message until I reconnect my mobile data (grey clock icon on the left of my message). I've already seen many instructions on the net, like reinstalling Whatsapp, rebooting my phone, checking if my sync works and all that, but none of them worked for me. It really starts to annoy me, but I like this program alot and I don't want to give up on it that fast. So is there any way to force Whatsapp to stay connected full-time ?

I'm using MiniCM-2.2.0 with latest nAa Kernel.

Regards
well maybe you shouldn't give up on whatsapp but the ROM instead. What i mean is, maybe something inside the ROM/kernel wasn't installed properly and you could try reinstalling ROM and/or kernel... I know it's a stupid solution but it saved me many times when i couldn't find the answer anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to bubr3g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubr3g View Post
well maybe you shouldn't give up on whatsapp but the ROM instead. What i mean is, maybe something inside the ROM/kernel wasn't installed properly and you could try reinstalling ROM and/or kernel... I know it's a stupid solution but it saved me many times when i couldn't find the answer anymore
Thank you for your reply. I already had the problem on previous ROMs (I mainly used MiniCM). Maybe I'll give GingerDX a shot. I'll tell you how it went.

Regards

lucastan96
Old
Thanks Meter 2096
Did you leave the app in background? When you leave Whatsapp, dont click back button, try clicking home button?? Dont move app to SD if you did!

Hit The THANKS Button If I Helped You!

Sent From My W8 Using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to lucastan96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bubr3g
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96 View Post
Did you leave the app in background? When you leave Whatsapp, dont click back button, try clicking home button?? Dont move app to SD if you did!

Hit The THANKS Button If I Helped You!

Sent From My W8 Using Tapatalk
i belive that whatsapp is running in background by default, so as programs such as viber, hotmail, etc. but we all know that this can be checked under settings > applications > running applications

but i agree that moving whatsapp to SD could be the problem, although i had no problem when i moved it to SD
The Following User Says Thank You to bubr3g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I didn't move it to SD card and I don't use any task killer. Process manager says it is running in the background. Still no idea how to fix it.

bubr3g
Old
Thanks Meter 18
if it isn't because of moving to SD, and it is running in background, if it isn't because of ROM (you've said that you have used some ROMs before and that there was the same problem), if your data settings work normally (sync and stuff), if the problem persist on wifi and 3g and edge,...

it occurs to me that it can only be due to two things, maybe you installed cracked version of whatsapp due to 1-year-free expiration, or maybe something went wrong when you installed your current kernel

P.S. whatsapp is 70% of communication on my X8, and i understand you very well when you say that you won't give up on it so easily

ziemny
Old
(Last edited by ziemny; 22nd April 2012 at 09:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubr3g View Post
if it isn't because of moving to SD, and it is running in background, if it isn't because of ROM (you've said that you have used some ROMs before and that there was the same problem), if your data settings work normally (sync and stuff), if the problem persist on wifi and 3g and edge,...

it occurs to me that it can only be due to two things, maybe you installed cracked version of whatsapp due to 1-year-free expiration, or maybe something went wrong when you installed your current kernel

P.S. whatsapp is 70% of communication on my X8, and i understand you very well when you say that you won't give up on it so easily
I didn't crack anything, I'm still on trial. If I wanted to get another free year, I'd change my phone number :P I also reinstalled the kernel too.
EDIT: Now it works properly on WIFI only. Still disconnects after couple of minutes on 3G.
EDIT2: It seems like reinstalling GDX and Alfs finally worked for me. Thanks for all the help guys

ziemny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Another update:
after a few hours I'm back to the point where I started... the problem's still there. I'm really pissed off now -.-