Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3 | The Original Captivate Rom

Tip us?

tvromero
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need the Congnition Zip

I was looking to re-flash Congnition 4.5.3 as it seems like my phone has decided to simply come to a complete slow down a few minutes after booting and then becomes unresponsive or seems to do a soft kind of reboot.

Anyways I don't seem to have the Congnition 4.5.3 zip and the link on page 1 is dead, can someon share the zip file or point me at a link?

Thanks,
Tim
Santa Clara, CA, USA

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvromero View Post
Anyways I don't seem to have the Congnition 4.5.3 zip and the link on page 1 is dead, can someon share the zip file or point me at a link?
Tim
It is in post 6418.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.
The Following User Says Thank You to movrshakr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tvromero
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
It is in post 6418.
Thanks, see it now.
Santa Clara, CA, USA

DanielGoff527
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfernand View Post
Do yourself a favor. Come back or stay on this ROM. I don't think the Captivate hardware is designed to handle any of the newer versions of Android. The new features are great but the lagging is not even tolerable.

This is the last best ROM created for this unit.

Amen, brother. I thought I must be crazy - all these awesome looking new roms on here and NONE of them are stable for me! I dunno if it's because I have an older Captivate or what, but even the official KK4 gingerbread update from Samsung gave me serious issues and just seemed rather unrefined overall compared to Cog4.5.3 and other KB1 builds. I'll take a rock solid froyo rom over buggy gingerbread or ICS builds any day.
Nexus 5 32GB Black
Rom: Cataclysm (December 12, 2013, odexed)
Kernel: Faux123-010 Ultimate
Radio: D820 KOT49H

RJ287
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well you answered part of my question. I was just curious, this whole time you seemed to be against Cognition. "Oh It's a really great ROM, but its far from the best" I thought maybe you had some GB Roms to Compare to ICS roms. But you seem to be on the road towards ICS (which is okay, I like it). Only, I would like to know why these other people are hooked on Cognition, when it's 2.2, basically asking: for those of you that switched to Cognition, why did you do it? And why is it better in your eyes.

prbassplayer
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 11,723

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ287 View Post
Well you answered part of my question. I was just curious, this whole time you seemed to be against Cognition. "Oh It's a really great ROM, but its far from the best" I thought maybe you had some GB Roms to Compare to ICS roms. But you seem to be on the road towards ICS (which is okay, I like it). Only, I would like to know why these other people are hooked on Cognition, when it's 2.2, basically asking: for those of you that switched to Cognition, why did you do it? And why is it better in your eyes.
Because its just a tweaked debloated Froyo rom. Its epic rom. Used this rom close to a year back in the day. Its simple and offer almost no issue since it's literally finished dev. DG had nothing else to do to it. Hell If I wanted to set someone up with a solid and stable rom and that person doesn't like to "tweak" with the phone and just want it to work and work well, this is the rom that I would use.

xfernand
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Two reasons:

Stability & performance...
Samsung Captivate
Cognition 4.5.3...! by Designgears

Viewsonic G Tablet Beasty/Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo
By Clemsyn

Acer Iconia A500 Rooted Stock 4.0.3

Samsung Infuse UCLB3 Rooted Stock 3.2.6
By gersma

pwneman
Old
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
The only thing that sucks about Froyo is graphics. Everything involving graphical experience is slow. This includes some games, lockscreen, etc. Has anyone noticed how much lag there is when unlocking the phone from the lockscreen? Its the only reason I'm on ICS now :/
SimplyAOKP ICS 4.0.4 ~ ODEXED

SimplyStockV2.0 KK4/ICS THEMED ODEXED ~ SAMMY STABLE 2.3.5

Nexus S Modems for Galaxy S Devices

Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 5 (rip Android)

Previous Phone/s:
Samsung Impression
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate

~Rakesh Kadamati

ctrclckws
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfernand View Post
Two reasons:

Stability & performance...
Plus 1.

Gave the Captivate to a non-techy Iphone user, didn't want her to have issues, when she was traveling in a foreign country.

The phone was unlocked.

Designgears did a very good job getting to this ROM release.

tazman171
Old
Thanks Meter 270

DONATE TO ME
Ran this like a year ago and it definitely was one of the best I897 froyo roms due to DG's awesome work. Having said that though it has nothing on fusion ICS when it comes to lag, graphics or performance and I'm running a build 1007 captivate that's close to 2 years old. Sadly though, Fusion is no longer being developed. At least cognition development stopped because it was great and done.
Current:
Samsung Galaxy Note III 32GB N900A (AT&T)
Kingo rooted, Stock Kernel,
Dynamic Rom 2.1

Retired:
Carbon Blue Galaxy Note / BlackStar X
Samsung Galaxy Captivate
AT&T Tilt(HTC Kaiser)

ORD
My Site: Prodecipher Files
My work/mods: Grilled Blue Cheese Sandwich for Fusion ICS

Short Answers? The Long Answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookofjoshua;
I'd totally donate, but I'm cheap and need my spare money for drugs and booze.

Tags
2.2, best sex of my life, captivate, cognition, custom rom, froyo, made my phone climax, the captivate rom