[THEME/MOD] Boeffla-Mod 4.1 XWJW5 stock+blue (ODEX/DEODEX) [20-04-2012]

OP Lord Boeffla

21st April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 63

178 posts
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiP

Are you running on Semaphore? Only then the script makes sense. Yes, I can give it to you...

Andi

sent via Tapatalk 2

I'm trying speedmod now, but if you can share this with me maybe I return to shemaphore and try it
Thanks a lot
21st April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #62  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 19,908

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
You have a PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medel-Silver

I'm trying speedmod now, but if you can share this with me maybe I return to shemaphore and try it
Thanks a lot

21st April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 14

24 posts
More
Hi Andi,

I have installed the new Addon too. And it looks very good. I have no problems in the moment.

I have installed the stock one.

Greatings from Matthias

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Matthias1968 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #64  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thank you for the positive response. Glad everything seems to work fine.
As I had to build everythring completely from scratch, there is always a certain risks to introduce some bugs.

Cool!

Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias1968

Hi Andi,

I have installed the new Addon too. And it looks very good. I have no problems in the moment.

I have installed the stock one.

Greatings from Matthias

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

21st April 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #65  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
New Rollback zip
Good evening all,

please note, ZaneZam found an issue in the rollback zip which caused problems when restoring back to stock after toggles have been installed.

@ZaneZam. Thanks for instant reporting.

The issue is now fixed and the rollback zip can be loaded from the original post. I would encourage all to reload the zip to be prepared in case they want to roll back.

Thanks and good night
Andi
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Boeffla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #66  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
ext4 remount script released as an add-on
Hi,

on popular demand (I got many PMs on that topic after it has been brought up in the thread) I finally decided to release my ext4 remount script I am using for many months now together with Semaphore Kernel versions and file system converted to ext4.

It does nothing else than putting a small script into the init.d folder which gets executed everytime the phone starts and then remounts all 4 partitions with a commit time of 15 seconds. It does NOT remove journaling, change the writeback strategy from orderd to writeback or any other stuff, so it can be treated as fairly safe.

What should it improve? There is no confirmed status as such, but from my personal experience I feel the phone a bit more smooth and performant (as it does not do writes to the file system instantly when not required) and maybe it safes a bit battery. But only my personal opinion. You can give it a try yourself and decice.

Thanks
Andi
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lord Boeffla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #67  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,515

6,197 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

on popular demand (I got many PMs on that topic after it has been brought up in the thread) I finally decided to release my ext4 remount script I am using for many months now together with Semaphore Kernel versions and file system converted to ext4.

It does nothing else than putting a small script into the init.d folder which gets executed everytime the phone starts and then remounts all 4 partitions with a commit time of 15 seconds. It does NOT remove journaling, change the writeback strategy from orderd to writeback or any other stuff, so it can be treated as fairly safe.

What should it improve? There is no confirmed status as such, but from my personal experience I feel the phone a bit more smooth and performant (as it does not do writes to the file system instantly when not required) and maybe it safes a bit battery. But only my personal opinion. You can give it a try yourself and decice.

Thanks
Andi

I feel that a commit period of up to 60 seconds is safe. ThunderBolt! have been using 60 seconds commit with no barriers for quite a while now without any problems.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #68  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

thanks for your answer, very good to get your opinion on that.

I decided to go for very safe settings for now, which I used for months without issues. I remember I had some issues with barriers set to 0 in the past.
But I might provide a second version of the add-on with more aggressive settings as well for users that are willing to take some risk

Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

I feel that a commit period of up to 60 seconds is safe. ThunderBolt! have been using 60 seconds commit with no barriers for quite a while now without any problems.

22nd April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #69  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 4,515

6,197 posts
More
Quote:

Hi,

thanks for your answer, very good to get your opinion on that.

I decided to go for very safe settings for now, which I used for months without issues. I remember I had some issues with barriers set to 0 in the past.
But I might provide a second version of the add-on with more aggressive settings as well for users that are willing to take some risk

Andi

Just be careful with consecutive freezes/random reboots. Those can corrupt even the most hardened remounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikachu01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #70  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Potsdam

6,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Correct. Thats why I always advice to use the extended power menu or the 13 toggles mod to reboot the phone (normal, recovery, download) instead of 3rd party apps - as the latter ones usually do not shut down the system properly.

Andi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu01

Just be careful with consecutive freezes/random reboots. Those can corrupt even the most hardened remounts.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread