This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Atrix part(s):
- Motorola Atrix Glass Touch Screen Digitizer
- Motorola Atrix LCD Screen
- Adhesive Strips
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (optional)
Motorola Atrix 4G take apart guide:
- The first step to disassembling the phone is to remove the back battery cover and battery as well as the sim card and memory card. You can now remove the seven torx T5 screws located behind the battery cover. With the screws removed you can now use a safe open pry tool to release the clips and flip the back housing over to the side, careful of the antenna cable still attached.
- Use a safe open pry tool to pop the antenna cable from the motherboard and remove the back housing. Pry the motherboard up using a safe open pry tool and release the 3 flex cables underneath. Two will be pop connectors and the third is a jaw/alligator connector. Once reassessed you can now safely remove the motherboard.
- Warm the front of the touch screen and LCD screen using a heat gun or hair dryer. Use a pry tool to slowly pry between the touch screen and rest of the phone, careful as it is still attached with a flex cable. Flip the phone over and release the pop connector and top cover.
- Ease up the flex ribbon cable and also the earpiece speaker. You can also remove the black plastic and the black plastic bar.
- You can now feed the touch screen flex cable through the housing and replace the digitizer.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.