Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Atrix 4G Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

Tip us?

repairsuniverse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Post Motorola Atrix 4G Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

This guide is in a step by step format and can easily be followed for a quick and safe repair for Motorola Atrix 4G. This guide will go through the steps of disassembling and replacing the touch screen digitizer as well as the LCD screen.

This guide will help you to install the following Motorola Atrix part(s):
  • Motorola Atrix Glass Touch Screen Digitizer
  • Motorola Atrix LCD Screen

Tools Required:
  • Adhesive Strips
  • T5 Torx Screwdriver
  • Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (optional)

Motorola Atrix 4G take apart guide:
  • The first step to disassembling the phone is to remove the back battery cover and battery as well as the sim card and memory card. You can now remove the seven torx T5 screws located behind the battery cover. With the screws removed you can now use a safe open pry tool to release the clips and flip the back housing over to the side, careful of the antenna cable still attached.

Figure 1
  • Use a safe open pry tool to pop the antenna cable from the motherboard and remove the back housing. Pry the motherboard up using a safe open pry tool and release the 3 flex cables underneath. Two will be pop connectors and the third is a jaw/alligator connector. Once reassessed you can now safely remove the motherboard.

Figure 2
  • Warm the front of the touch screen and LCD screen using a heat gun or hair dryer. Use a pry tool to slowly pry between the touch screen and rest of the phone, careful as it is still attached with a flex cable. Flip the phone over and release the pop connector and top cover.
  • Ease up the flex ribbon cable and also the earpiece speaker. You can also remove the black plastic and the black plastic bar.

Figure 3
  • You can now feed the touch screen flex cable through the housing and replace the digitizer.

Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Repair Technician
http://www.repairsuniverse.com/fitti...tructions.html

Did our post help you? Give us a "Thanks"
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to repairsuniverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JdgM3NT4L
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Thanks for posting that. I've already replaced mine but this is as good a guide as the video that I watched. It's as easy to do as it reads. I used some locking forceps to install the third ribbon cable into the jaw connector.
Nice of you to post this guide. Not to mention, I think that it's a really classy way to respond to something said elsewhere without actually calling it out. Nice form on all counts.
Immortal... For a Limited Time.

Ever wonder what that adb thing is all about? Check this> ADB guide by iamareebjamal.

devgayan
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Will this fix the general touch screen problem , most of the Atrix devices have.

ie.Not being able to select the first item in the men , etc

repairsuniverse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgayan View Post
Will this fix the general touch screen problem , most of the Atrix devices have.

ie.Not being able to select the first item in the men , etc
Yes, replacing the touch screen would fix these kind of issues.
Repair Technician

rafaelbrandao
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Soft buttons

What about the lower soft buttons not working, would the replacement of this digitizer solve that issue too?

Getch78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great post! Thanks for the information.

repairsuniverse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch78 View Post
Great post! Thanks for the information.
Thanks. Glad you found it useful.
Repair Technician

agnaw
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I bought two screen from Amazon, non of them are fully functional......

rafaelbrandao
Old
Thanks Meter 10
repairuniverse, could you shed some light on the "soft buttons" issue please? Mine just stopped working and I'm thinking to replace it myself...

Thanks in advance.

repairsuniverse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelbrandao View Post
repairuniverse, could you shed some light on the "soft buttons" issue please? Mine just stopped working and I'm thinking to replace it myself...

Thanks in advance.
The "soft" buttons you refer to are part of the touch screen digitizer. Replacing this part should fix your issue.
Repair Technician

The Following User Says Thank You to repairsuniverse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
atrix 4g, motorola, repair, screen assembly, screen repair