Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked i9001! Help!

Tip us?

hoesseinm
Old
(Last edited by hoesseinm; 20th April 2012 at 02:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Bricked i9001! Help!

I have a problem with a i9001. I tried everything I can think off. It always stops when flashing in Odin 4.43 on:

<1>setup connection.....

I tried 3 different computers and all usb ports. Reinstalled Kies, installed only the samsung drivers. Rebooted several times. But still stops ons setup connection in Odin. I used several flashfiles: the seperate ones and the complete package....

I also used the jig to get the i9001 in download mode. To get the phone in Download mode is no problem, it works with the jig and also with the key combination. When i try to power the phone normal i get the Black Screen of Death. I also tried 4 different usb cables.

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance....

cabloomi
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 382
JUST USE THE ONECLICK UNBRICK
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1153310
DONT FORGET 2 SAY THX

hoesseinm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabloomi View Post
JUST USE THE ONECLICK UNBRICK
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1153310
DONT FORGET 2 SAY THX
This tool is not for i9001 i think. But thanks anyway.

hoesseinm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Help!

wintel_mac
Old
Thanks Meter 182

DONATE TO ME
Did you try another ROM for flashing? Or did you try to just flash a recovery and boot into that recovery? If you run ODIN with Vista / 7: did you right click and run as administrator? Did you take out the battery of your phone for about 10 min and then insert USB and battery back and try again...?
Current Device: Google Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250, SlimKat 4.4.2 / Mpokang Kernel v10

Siemens A50 -> Siemens M65 -> Sony Ericsson Z710i -> Sony Ericsson W595 -> HTC Desire (SLCD) -> Palm Pre (Minus) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Huawei Honor U8860 (returned b.c. of bad touchscreen) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Google Galaxy Nexus

taz0697
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i had that problem with two phones, my i9000 and my friends rogers infuse. try different usb ports on the computer. if that dont work, look up some stock firmwares for you phone and try to flash them. i find the original stock roms work best for fixing this. just be calm, there is always a way to fix it as long as you dont fry nothing.

hoesseinm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintel_mac View Post
Did you try another ROM for flashing? Or did you try to just flash a recovery and boot into that recovery? If you run ODIN with Vista / 7: did you right click and run as administrator? Did you take out the battery of your phone for about 10 min and then insert USB and battery back and try again...?
I tried 5 different computers (Windows XP and Windows 7), 5 different usb cables, several flashfiles. Always stops at setup connection.

hoesseinm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am still having the problem. i really tried everything I can find.

BlueFlame4
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Have you installed the USB drivers for your phone? It is also important to kill ANY running KIES application/service via task manager.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

H83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have exactly the same problem... Does anyone figured it out how to fix it?