Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Can't do anything with Streak

OP martinkoza

20th April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi! I bought Streak 5. The problem is OS. When I want to install ROM or recovery there were problems.

I can't go with fastboot cause touch don't working and there is red line text: default NV checked #3.

When I'm trying to upgrade with .pkg file there is an error:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.pkg
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip

What I'm supposed to do now?

Please help!
21st April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Clermont, FL
Thanks Meter: 396

1,242 posts
More
Sound like maybe a bad internal sd card. Not the one under the battery cover, but one inside the phone. Do a search for replacement of internal sd card and you'll get several hits. One way involves taking the phone apart, the other involves cutting a piece of plastic out from under the battery cover to gain access. Not real difficult either way.
21st April 2012, 11:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
How inner SD should be formatted? And the size of the new one card should be the same of previous card?
21st April 2012, 01:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 170

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinkoza

How inner SD should be formatted? And the size of the new one card should be the same of previous card?

Read through this thread; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1405920

In most cases, the Streak will automatically reformat a new internal SD card. I find most stability/speed with stock 2GB card. Read the entire thread!
21st April 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
@rsfinsrq thank you for the link but I've got problem with Clonezilla. I download stock innerSD image and Clonezilla. I go through few steps and I've got only two options in Clonezilla to save image, any to restore it. How to do it?
21st April 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 170

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinkoza

@rsfinsrq thank you for the link but I've got problem with Clonezilla. I download stock innerSD image and Clonezilla. I go through few steps and I've got only two options in Clonezilla to save image, any to restore it. How to do it?

No need to use clonezilla. Just insert new SD card and the Streak will format it. Read the entire post! I inserted a 4gb micro sd into my streak (internal) and it self formatted when I booted it up. Perform a factory reset from recovery or restore your nandroid when it automatically reboots completing the format process. Also, 2gb card worked best for me. Long boot time and performance suffered with the class 10 4gb card. Ymmv.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread