I've tried rooting this damn phone twice, followed the steps yet every time my phone just resets completely.
I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong ... Is there a guide that's VERY specific in the steps to root? I tried youtube, couldn't find anything, and the method of going into boot was different so I'm lost...
Here's the questions I have on the steps...
1. Install latest Clockworkmod Recovery using NVFlash, if you haven’t already done so. - What do I do with this file ?
2. Download the root zip package referenced above.
3. Put the zip package on your internal or external sd card on your G2X. Do not unzip the package.
4. Turn off phone and boot into Clockworkmod Recovery by pressing volume down and power and hold until the fancy LG (second one) appears. - Isn't this the phone reset method? The youtube video I watched said to press "volume up + volume down"
5. Select install zip from sd card. Select and flash the root zip package. Note: You navigate in Clockwordmod Recovery by using the volume keys up and down and commit the action by pressing the power button. - Install the zip or clockword mod?
6. Reboot your phone. You are now rooted.
- I just need something really in depth, step by step by step ... If anyone is willing it'd be nice >.<