5,594,564 Members 32,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom ROMs for Defy+ (MB526)

Tip us?

lordyka
Old
Thanks Meter 19
after the many phone.apk FC in quarx 0408, now i think, im going to flash this mod too
now its downloading

lordyka
Old
Thanks Meter 19
there's no clk4 in the KANG rom...

Kandeman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
MB526

ok after days of reading I think I'm starting to understand the basics of how everything works. Correct me if I go wrong please. There is a kernel on the phone (like a BIOS for a PC) and then we apply a ROM over the top (like an OS). The kernel is locked but we can change versions of the kernel just not to a previous version number (without difficulty). The kernel can be applied by either an full flash (SBF via RSDlite) or applying a kernal (.zip file via bootloader). The ROM can be applied via the bootloader. I understand how to root the phone and apply 2ndinit so I won't go into that.

So where am I at now. Before I fully understood all of the above and having had experience with a HTC desire I plunged in and rooted my phone, applied 2ndinit and then soft bricked my phone when trying to apply WhiteRabbit V1.3. I figured out how to fix that by applying a SBF (DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-1321_CN_SIGN_SIGNED_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS0 3C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P014_A026_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf) and repeated the process.

I've tried to update to V1.4 but it errors during the install with "tweaks.prop". I tried following the instructions in the whiterabbit installion video www_youtube_com/watch?v=B_tRpwurJdM including the CM9 kernel that listed but after applying the kernal I got a bootloader error so I started from scratch, applied the SBF above, rooted etc and then reverted to my full backup.

Now I have the following:

Kernel 2.6.32.9-gbdd614etvwm73@zch45Inxdriod54 #1
Rom WhiteRabbit V1.3

What I don't understand is why the WhiteRabbit V1.4 does not work? I suspect it's because I am using the wrong kernel but I don't understand how to select the correct kernel and I want to avoid just blindly applying kernels without understanding why and ensuring that I don't end up with a kernel that I can downgrade from.

Goose-T
Old
(Last edited by Goose-T; 11th April 2012 at 10:50 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordyka View Post
there's no clk4 in the KANG rom...
There it is for me. CPU. Status and Load all modules are disabled in the bootmenu's CPU settings.

Goose-T
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Angry New ROM for the Defy+!

Check out my new ROM's teaser here! Nothing But Speed!

Goose-T
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose-T View Post
Check out my new ROM's teaser here! Nothing But Speed!
This ROM is now available for download, go for it! I'm using it since this morning, and it's awesome!

Root-tooR
Old
(Last edited by Root-tooR; 22nd April 2012 at 09:20 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
U tell us that the Thread isnt for starters but u cannot simply even read the instructions @ the Pikachu edition It clearly states "IMPORANT!!! this Rom works only on Defy or Defy+ with Froyo Kernel or Gingerbread 2.3.4/5 Kernel. All with 2.3.6 Kernel can try to downgrade to Froyo Kernel, because the new Motorola Kernel won't work with MIUI. Just use this Tutorial on XDA Developers" God Bless TweetyPeety thank him... Btw using the pika at the moment and i love it...

Goose-T
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root-tooR View Post
U tell us that the Thread isnt for starters but u cannot simply even read the instructions @ the Pikachu edition It clearly states "IMPORANT!!! this Rom works only on Defy or Defy+ with Froyo Kernel or Gingerbread 2.3.4/5 Kernel. All with 2.3.6 Kernel can try to downgrade to Froyo Kernel, because the new Motorola Kernel won't work with MIUI. Just use this Tutorial on XDA Developers" God Bless TweetyPeety thank him... Btw using the pika at the moment and i love it...
Nice for a first post, now you can sit down. My phone was on Android 2.3.5 (exactly Blur_Version.45.0.1250.MB526.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU) that time and it still bricked my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goose-T For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Root-tooR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose-T View Post
Nice for a first post
If that wasnt sarcasm i thank you =D

mmanojkry
Old
Thanks Meter 11
there is a new rom known as MOKEE OS
this rom is much better than the other cm based rom