FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

 View Poll Results: Network Tweaks(wifi and 4g) working for u?

Yes-Both Seem better
 
19 Vote(s)
65.52%
Yes-Just 4g
 
1 Vote(s)
3.45%
Yes-Just Wifi Connectivity
 
8 Vote(s)
27.59%
None work for me
 
1 Vote(s)
3.45%

*ROM* SCOMv4.4 and Floyd Edition :P Post #2 4/28/12

3,791 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,429
 
By Beastmode, Senior Member on 31st March 2012, 10:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th April 2012, 05:33 AM |#451  
Hey Er1c, I just got a FC with the email app when trying to attach a file. I have a log but I can't get the pastebin site to load on my puter. I'll pm you the link asap.
 
 
20th April 2012, 05:46 AM |#452  
Beastmode's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,429
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig66

Hey Er1c, I just got a FC with the email app when trying to attach a file. I have a log but I can't get the pastebin site to load on my puter. I'll pm you the link asap.

What were u trying to attach? I just tried email app and it attached picture just fine and r u on v4?



if you ain't first you're last
20th April 2012, 06:29 AM |#453  
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

What were u trying to attach? I just tried email app and it attached picture just fine and r u on v4?



if you ain't first you're last

Just a small mp3. A notification sound that I wanted to convert to OGG. I pressed attach and tried both audio and file. FC'd both times. Probably just a fluke. I made a log right away, didn't try reproducing it.

Edit: I'm on v4. Just tried it again. Same thing.. Never gets to the point where I can select a file.

Rebooted. Same thing. If I select picture no fc.

Sent from my SGH-T959V
Last edited by Kyndig66; 20th April 2012 at 06:53 AM.
20th April 2012, 10:50 AM |#454  
lumin30's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,176
 
Donate to Me
More
Try a different email app and see if it FC. I use and love Mail Droid.

Also, if the file manager you were selecting to attach the file was taken out of the ROM that would cause the FC. I deleted stock file manager once and it would FC obviously when trying to select it to attach a file.

I tested attaching an .ogg file with Mail Droid. Using the stock file manager attached 'null'. Using Mail Droid's built in file manager attached the .ogg file.
The Following User Says Thank You to lumin30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 01:38 PM |#455  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumin30

Try a different email app and see if it FC. I use and love Mail Droid.

Also, if the file manager you were selecting to attach the file was taken out of the ROM that would cause the FC. I deleted stock file manager once and it would FC obviously when trying to select it to attach a file.

I tested attaching an .ogg file with Mail Droid. Using the stock file manager attached 'null'. Using Mail Droid's built in file manager attached the .ogg file.

I barely use the app at all, so from a personal standpoint it's not an issue. Also, it was an mp3 file that I was trying to email so I could convert it to OGG on my computer. Only 46k. I have the included file manager and root explorer on the phone. I haven't removed any. I'll give the mail droid app a shot, just to check. Pastebin is working this morning so I pm'd it to er1c.
20th April 2012, 06:53 PM |#456  
Beastmode's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,429
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyndig66

Pastebin is working this morning so I pm'd it to er1c.

Lol well 2 things kyndig
1. the pastebin files you sent me are set as private and i couldnt see them.

2. i tried the email app and you're right it force closes and i figured out why. The email app uses the original sammy file manager from stock kj6 so that's the force close.

Fix: re add the file manager from stock which you can get from lumin30's app repo link

thanks for finding that and Happy Friday everyone


if you ain't first you're last
21st April 2012, 01:07 AM |#457  
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Lol well 2 things kyndig
1. the pastebin files you sent me are set as private and i couldnt see them.

2. i tried the email app and you're right it force closes and i figured out why. The email app uses the original sammy file manager from stock kj6 so that's the force close.

Fix: re add the file manager from stock which you can get from lumin30's app repo link

thanks for finding that and Happy Friday everyone


if you ain't first you're last

My bad, sorry about that. I installed the app lumin mentioned. That email address is through my ISP and I rarely use it.

Good job on finding the fix. Enjoy your weekend!

Sent from my SGH-T959V
21st April 2012, 11:06 PM |#458  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Any chance you could run through the settings.apk and fix the images (the .9.pngs) that weren't re-compiled?

Reason being that is the only one I cannot re-compile.

Edit: I am just assuming that this is the issue as you can see the .9.png image bars
Last edited by Shermer321; 21st April 2012 at 11:08 PM.
21st April 2012, 11:16 PM |#459  
Beastmode's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,429
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermer321

Any chance you could run through the settings.apk and fix the images (the .9.pngs) that weren't re-compiled?

Reason being that is the only one I cannot re-compile.

Edit: I am just assuming that this is the issue as you can see the .9.png image bars

Im sorry? are u trying to theme the settings app? or is it not working on.the rom ?



if you ain't first you're last
22nd April 2012, 10:43 PM |#460  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Im sorry? are u trying to theme the settings app? or is it not working on.the rom ?



if you ain't first you're last

Just theming. Everything is themed and optimized except for settings. Unless its dependency is something special.

But with the .9s in that .apk you can see the black bars.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 01:19 AM |#461  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermer321

Just theming. Everything is themed and optimized except for settings. Unless its dependency is something special.

But with the .9s in that .apk you can see the black bars.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

And one last thing. I added back the wifi-calling app and when talking to someone it is EXTREMELY quiet. Is there something else I need or change?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes