XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock ICS without upgrading bootloader

Tip us?

movielover76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Question [Q] Stock ICS without upgrading bootloader

Just got my rezound today, experienced flasher, but with s-off phones.

I have successfully unlocked the bootloader, and rooted the phone and installed the amon-ra custom recovery, from what I've read it seems to be the most popular for this phone, if another one is better please let me know.

But the flashing of custom roms has me a little confused and I couldn't find a good guide to do it, what I want to do is keep my gb bootloader, so I can get s-off when it comes out and install a fairly stock rooted rom based on the ICS OTA with wireless tether capability

Is BAMF Rezound ICS v2.1 Official based on the OTA, I'm not familair with rezound firmware history, if not which are and what steps do I have to take to install it.
I read something about bootloops if you don't install a fix.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide
Nexus 5 (Personal)
Stock
HTC First (Work)
Stock, Rooted
Retired Phones: AT&T Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, AT&T Galaxy S II,GSM Galaxy Nexus,HTC Rezound, Thunderbolt, Captivate, Focus (WP7), Blackberry Torch, iPhone3GS

MoStDoPe601
Old
Thanks Meter 26
BAMF ICS 2.1 is a good stable option for a custom ICS rom. Its very stable and fluid and fairly close to stock ICS with Sense 3.6. It has a few tweaks Joel threw it but all the core components are there. As a far as keeping the same bootloader that you mentioned there is a patch in that thread that has to be flashed since you are not gonna be on the lastest HBoot or firmware. Just make sure to flash the kernel since we don't have S-Off.