5,595,964 Members 31,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK ROM] Full Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Player/S Wifi 4.0

Tip us?
 
klin1344
Old
(Last edited by klin1344; 11th April 2012 at 05:23 PM.)
#61  
klin1344's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5515
Posts: 3,446
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
Halleuja! (or however you spell that, LOL)!! I FINALLY got kwipper's stock rom downloaded and flashed, then a data and cache reset got it fixed! No sending it to samsung this time, :P
I've experienced the same problem before when trying to reverse the dd command to install my rom, and a flash back to stock was all that was necessary.

Anyway, I'm on spring break and today I've managed to port cwm 5.0.2.7 to steves kernel! (steves is based on cwm 3.0.0.5) It might fix the bricked after nandroid backup problem, though I've never actually experienced it. No ETA yet, but I'll release it once I get proper ext4 ghetto lagfix working.

Sent using Tapatalk
Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.2 KitKat

| [APP][FREE][4.0+]Cardify Flashcards |
Intuitive and simple user interface, yet powerful and feature-packed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iJimaniac
Old
#62  
iJimaniac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 412
Posts: 1,347
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Douglas, AZ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon View Post
Nice it seems that the error is in the kernel and not in the partitions what did you do?
Well, from start to finish: Flash Steve's kernal (no problem), enter cwm, make nandroid, bootloop, try to flash my own backup, first fails with phone to PC image, reflash then stuck at plain (no pulse) Samsung text, get errors posted above, then flash kwipper's stock (no repatition, just factoryfs.rfs and zImage), bootloop, wipe data and cache = fixed!


Sent using Tapatalk
Get R.E.D.D ->> Got R.E.D.D? <<- Get R.E.D.D

Asking an ETA for a rom is like asking for a hug from Chuck Norris. Moral: NO ETA'S!

Flashing CyanogenMod on a YP-G1 before backing up the EFS is like punching Chuck Norris before you're ready to die. Moral: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR EFS!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iJimaniac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zaclimon
Old
#63  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2205
Posts: 3,087
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Ok people with a US device and get bootloops even though they try the fix in the other thread there's new instructions at page 1.
 
Vilai
Old
#64  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2009
when i click the link for the u.s. it gives me the international one.
 
zaclimon
Old
#65  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2205
Posts: 3,087
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilai View Post
when i click the link for the u.s. it gives me the international one.
sorry about that it's fixed now.
 
yesisuck
Old
(Last edited by yesisuck; 21st April 2012 at 06:24 AM.) Reason: To be polite and beg for help. ;)
#66  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Shreveport, LA
My experience so far:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 8Gb (YP-G1CWY/XAA).

I installed Steve's kernel (followed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1377771 ).

Installed a CM7 mod (following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1517194 ) but that resulted in a bootloop.

Decided to follow the instructions in this thread to return to factory ROM. Everything flashed ok, but aftewards the Home button didn't work anymore. (I now realize that I had flashed the International firmware, because the US link in the first post pointed to the International ROM instead of the US ROM).

I was unable to get back into download mode; the secret keypress just didn't work anymore. So, I used the ROM Manager app to 'reboot into recovery'. The device rebooted to the 'android recovery (e3)' screen. I was stuck at that screen. I could use Vol Up / Vol Down to change the highlighted line, but couldn't make a selection as the home button didn't work. Rebooting the device put me back at the same 'android system recovery (3e)' screen.

I killed a usb cable, added a few 100k ohm resistors (more or less following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=841512 ). This got me back into download mode. I downloaded the US version of the files from the thread (the link was changed today to point to the US Rom). Flashed with repartition, when the device rebooted it went back into the 'android system recovery (3e)', but this time my home button worked. I choose reboot system. The device rebooted, but returned to the same screen.

I then flashed steves kernel. Now the device boots into clockworkmod system recovery. Choosing 'reboot system now' causes the device to reboot, but it always returns to CWM Recovery.

I tried flashing the bootloader (using the one from the US .zip file from this thread), but I get the below error in odin:
Quote:
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
At the moment, I am stuck booting into CWM Recovery and I still cannot get into download mode, except with the USB jig.

Any hints/advice on how to get this thing booting to something other than the recovery modes would be greatly appreciated.
 
Vilai
Old
#67  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2009
Followed instructions on second post failed with results like the above post... also tried with .pit file from the other post that got it fixed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1545336&page=3
 
zaclimon
Old
#68  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2205
Posts: 3,087
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesisuck View Post
My experience so far:
I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 8Gb (YP-G1CWY/XAA).

I installed Steve's kernel (followed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1377771 ).

Installed a CM7 mod (following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1517194 ) but that resulted in a bootloop.

Decided to follow the instructions in this thread to return to factory ROM. Everything flashed ok, but aftewards the Home button didn't work anymore. (I now realize that I had flashed the International firmware, because the US link in the first post pointed to the International ROM instead of the US ROM).

I was unable to get back into download mode; the secret keypress just didn't work anymore. So, I used the ROM Manager app to 'reboot into recovery'. The device rebooted to the 'android recovery (e3)' screen. I was stuck at that screen. I could use Vol Up / Vol Down to change the highlighted line, but couldn't make a selection as the home button didn't work. Rebooting the device put me back at the same 'android system recovery (3e)' screen.

I killed a usb cable, added a few 100k ohm resistors (more or less following http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=841512 ). This got me back into download mode. I downloaded the US version of the files from the thread (the link was changed today to point to the US Rom). Flashed with repartition, when the device rebooted it went back into the 'android system recovery (3e)', but this time my home button worked. I choose reboot system. The device rebooted, but returned to the same screen.

I then flashed steves kernel. Now the device boots into clockworkmod system recovery. Choosing 'reboot system now' causes the device to reboot, but it always returns to CWM Recovery.

I tried flashing the bootloader (using the one from the US .zip file from this thread), but I get the below error in odin:


At the moment, I am stuck booting into CWM Recovery and I still cannot get into download mode, except with the USB jig.

Any hints/advice on how to get this thing booting to something other than the recovery modes would be greatly appreciated.
Did you wipe data?
 
zaclimon
Old
#69  
zaclimon's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2205
Posts: 3,087
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilai View Post
Followed instructions on second post failed with results like the above post... also tried with .pit file from the other post that got it fixed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1545336&page=3
Try to flash it with heimdall.
 
Vilai
Old
#70  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2009
sorry never used heimdall before... where do i get the package from and could i get a guide to instruct me in the steps?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes