Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 / August 18 / Stable!?!

OP Komodo Rogue

22nd April 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #61  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,763

1,419 posts
None of the things in my google+ post have been merge just yet. We are implementing them in a non device specific way so it takes a little more time to get this done. I feel the initial time investment will be worth it in the future.
The 3.1 kernel probably won't be merged until after the features are done. We also have another 2.6.39 kernel that is not based on the Asus stock kernel. This kernel is based on nvidia's kernel tree and has really great battery life. BumbleBee and others have removed many of the Asus hacks and now have a very clean kernel. I'm going to test this kernel tonight and talk with BumbleBee about merging this kernel for now while work continues on the last few issues in 3.1.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dalingrin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 142

610 posts
I flashed this rom a couple of hours ago and I am really enjoying it. So far it is really smooth and I have had very few problems. As it is a nightly I was expecting it to be buggy as hell but this really is not the case. The dock shortcut keys are not a big deal to me but I suppose it would be nice to have them working. The only thing that is annoying me is that the apostrophe key is not working - I guess that it is having the added effect of improving my English! I see people having issues with wifi but mine is the same as with stock roms and aokp.

Big thanks to the whole CM team for being awesome and Komodo Rouge for getting this info out there.

Sent from my Transformer Prime using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 479

912 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79

Thanks for the info. I don't want to sound like a know-it-all but your wrong. All of the buttons work just fine on jermains aokp v1.2 and the previous build 1.12. I'm actually using it right now I just pressed them all to make sure that the OP in the thread was correct. It's pretty sweet actually.

Sent from my EPAD using XDA

Sorry. I changed my statement to not be misleading. Maybe it is just a bad flash cuz I nand back to it and a lot of my top action keys were unresponsive. Maybe I'm just having issues with my dock because it has serious lag when typing too now.... But now that I've ran other roms since then, its been on all of em. Even Virtuous..... Fml.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 4

130 posts
More
In the past weeks a lot has been done. Stable Rom and 802.1x wlan connections are now working properly - really cool :).
However over locking does not seem to work, cores are stuck at 1.2ghz no matter what I set in the prefs.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer Prime mit Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 118

927 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalingrin

None of the things in my google+ post have been merge just yet. We are implementing them in a non device specific way so it takes a little more time to get this done. I feel the initial time investment will be worth it in the future.
The 3.1 kernel probably won't be merged until after the features are done. We also have another 2.6.39 kernel that is not based on the Asus stock kernel. This kernel is based on nvidia's kernel tree and has really great battery life. BumbleBee and others have removed many of the Asus hacks and now have a very clean kernel. I'm going to test this kernel tonight and talk with BumbleBee about merging this kernel for now while work continues on the last few issues in 3.1.

awesome can't wait for this update. getting all the keyboard shortcuts working and the new kernel should be huge.
22nd April 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #66  

130 posts
More
Hi

I do have quite a lot random reboots 3-4 in 2 hours. It always seems to happen when youtube is running in the webbrowser. Is there a youtube apk to test if its browser related?
22nd April 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #67  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,763

1,419 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blublub

In the past weeks a lot has been done. Stable Rom and 802.1x wlan connections are now working properly - really cool :).
However over locking does not seem to work, cores are stuck at 1.2ghz no matter what I set in the prefs.

With the current kernel(will change soon) you can still overclock in the same way as you would with stock. The EZOverclock app can bumb it up to 1.6ghz and you can set the performance mode in Settings->Advanced(under the device section)
Note in the current nightly this performance mode setting is not saved on reboot. I'll be submitting a patch to add a toggle to set on boot.

Quote:

Hi

I do have quite a lot random reboots 3-4 in 2 hours. It always seems to happen when youtube is running in the webbrowser. Is there a youtube apk to test if its browser related?

Hmm, I've literally not had a single reboot since I started using CM9 versus stock. Same thing goes for the "Browser not responding"
22nd April 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #68  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 21

100 posts
Donate to Me
More
No reboots here either. I have a few random freezes for a couple of seconds occasionally.

Sent from my Transformer Prime using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #69  

130 posts
More
OK thank you. Reboots seem only to happen when overclocked to 1.6. With aokp and moteleys kernel I used 1.8ghz and had no problems. I will monitor this.

23rd April 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #70  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 102

303 posts
More
Quote:

OK thank you. Reboots seem only to happen when overclocked to 1.6. With aokp and moteleys kernel I used 1.8ghz and had no problems. I will monitor this.

My clock speed is also set to 1.6 max, and I have performance mode enabled, but I haven't noticed this either. I know it sucks, but personally I would do a fresh system/cache/dalvik wipe and reinstall. Good luck!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread