Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] mmcfix for all defy roms (fix for high class sd cards) (27/06/2012)

Tip us?
 
Garuxa
Old
#31  
Garuxa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 568
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
That's weird, because i have ms2ginger 4.0 and the fix it's working perfectly.

Check which files are in init.d folder and tell me

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk
Even to me it worked with MS2Ginger 3.0 while using this rom

I did many tests to try to corrupt data, Microsd that self-change to read-only, etc.. All these problems occur without the fix.

I am currently with WIUI so I can not generate a log to demonstrate that it works
Motorola Moto X
Just Stock non Rooted [KK 4.4.4]

=============================================

Previous Androids: Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500L (Sold) - LG Optimus One P500 (Sold) - Motorola Defy MB525 (Bayer Module) (I lent it to my girlfriend) - Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 (I gave it to my father)

Don't like my reply? READ THIS! Or shut up and WATCH AND LISTEN CAREFULLY THIS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Garuxa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Goose-T
Old
#32  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
That's weird, because i have ms2ginger 4.0 and the fix it's working perfectly.

Check which files are in init.d folder and tell me

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk
I've integrated mmcfix into my ROM, you can download it and extract the archive. I think everything's in place, but it just does not get loaded. Btw, the /etc/init.d folder contains the following files:
08backlight
09mmcfix
90multitouch
S70zipalign
S97ramscript
S99SuperCharger
 
espaciosalter20
Old
#33  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose-T View Post
I've integrated mmcfix into my ROM, you can download it and extract the archive. I think everything's in place, but it just does not get loaded. Btw, the /etc/init.d folder contains the following files:
08backlight
09mmcfix
90multitouch
S70zipalign
S97ramscript
S99SuperCharger
Sorry for keeping you checking things, but... can you transcribe the content of 09mmcfix? I´m about to think that this problem it's caused for busybox in your rom, because that isn't calling the module to load in kernel in boot....
 
Goose-T
Old
#34  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
Sorry for keeping you checking things, but... can you transcribe the content of 09mmcfix? I´m about to think that this problem it's caused for busybox in your rom, because that isn't calling the module to load in kernel in boot....
No need to do it, that's the one in the first post. I've just downloaded it from here.
 
krysha
Old
#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 22
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
User of stock and ms2ginger roms, please report here if the fix is working or not for you.
Thanx!!!
I tried it on stock ROM (45.0.74.MB526.Retail.en.DE android 2.3.4 kernel 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e, build 4.5.1-134_DFP-74) but lsmod doesn't show mmcfix... when I try to load it manually, I get error:
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
Motorola MB526 Defy+ ,[4.4.2] SlimKat (jordan) [STABLE 4.0] [Weekly 3.85]
HTC Touch Pro (Raphael), ROMeOS² v1.97.1 (No Manila), Radio 1.14.25.35
The Following User Says Thank You to krysha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Goose-T
Old
(Last edited by Goose-T; 23rd April 2012 at 03:08 PM.)
#36  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysha View Post
I tried it on stock ROM (45.0.74.MB526.Retail.en.DE android 2.3.4 kernel 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e, build 4.5.1-134_DFP-74) but lsmod doesn't show mmcfix... when I try to load it manually, I get error:
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
After a little investigation I found out that:
  1. mmcfix depends on symsearch, as the modules.dep file says in CM7.2 ROMs
  2. mmcfix is loaded after symsearch by /system//bootmenu/2nd-init/init.mapphone_umts.rc in CM

So it should be loaded like this on stock ROMs and MS2Ginger also, not via install-recovery.sh. I will try it this way if I have time. Krysha, that was a very valuable comment! Can you try loading symsearch.ko and then mmcfix.ko by hand?
 
espaciosalter20
Old
#37  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysha<br />
I tried it on stock ROM (45.0.74.MB526.Retail.en.DE android 2.3.4 kernel 2.6.32.9-gbdd614e, build 4.5.1-134_DFP-74) but lsmod doesn't show mmcfix... when I try to load it manually, I get error:<br />
insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko': unknown symbol in module or invalid parameter
<br />
<br />
After a little investigation I found out that:<ol style="list-style-type: decimal"><li>mmcfix depends on symsearch, as the modules.dep file says in CM7.2 ROMs</li>
<li>mmcfix is loaded after symsearch by /system//bootmenu/2nd-init/init.mapphone_umts.rc in CM</li>
</ol><br />
So it should be loaded like this on stock ROMs and MS2Ginger also, not via install_recovery.sh. I will try it this way if I have time.
Yes, that's the other workaround that i was investigating but symsearch is difficult to make it in a persistent way, I tried in init.rc with no positive result. The install-recovery script works for me and others as well. But keep researching for see what else can do the trick.

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk
 
Goose-T
Old
#38  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 59
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
Yes, that's the other workaround that i was investigating but symsearch is difficult to make it in a persistent way, I tried in init.rc with no positive result. The install-recovery script works for me and others as well. But keep researching for see what else can do the trick.

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk
And what if we load symsearch before in 09mmcfix script like this? I haven't written any linux script like this before, so correct me, if I'm wrong.

#!/system/bin/sh
#
# load mmcfix module

# Module location
SYM="/system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko"
MODULE="/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko"

# Load the module
insmod $SYM
insmod $MODULE
 
espaciosalter20
Old
#39  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose-T View Post
And what if we load symsearch before in 09mmcfix script like this? I haven't written any linux script like this before, so correct me, if I'm wrong.

#!/system/bin/sh
#
# load mmcfix module

# Module location
SYM="/system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko"
MODULE="/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko"

# Load the module
insmod $SYM
insmod $MODULE
Ok, that could work it. Please, try it and tell us the result.

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk
 
espaciosalter20
Old
#40  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 712
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose-T View Post
And what if we load symsearch before in 09mmcfix script like this? I haven't written any linux script like this before, so correct me, if I'm wrong.

#!/system/bin/sh
#
# load mmcfix module

# Module location
SYM="/system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko"
MODULE="/system/lib/modules/mmcfix.ko"

# Load the module
insmod $SYM
insmod $MODULE
Hey, i found something interesting that could help!! Did you tried to set "enable" in load all modules at cpu in bootmenu?? this will load symsearch at boot and do not need to load in script

Enviado desde mi MB526 usando Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to espaciosalter20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
all roms, data corruption, fix for defy, mmcfix, sd high class card
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes