Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[LIST] Devices that CAN, CAN'T or HAVE WiFi hotspot support

OP OndraSter

14th February 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #91  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerb255

Follow relietz's instructions. They do work.

I flashed the Australian ROM to my AT&T-branded LG Quantum. After changing a few things in the registry, WiFi tethering works flawlessly!

USB tethering has always worked through the MFG menu by switching USB modes.

Yeah I was considering it but I think I'd rather give some money to a company who will support my phone. Not have me do a work around. If LG doesn't come around, I don't feel like supporting them on the mobile front.

Also, I tether through USB all the time but find it to gives me a lot of connection reset errors in the browser. So I'd rather have real supported tethering I think.

For now I think I'll just be optimistic and wait for LG to come out with an update.
21st April 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #92  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzero

Nice job in getting any info from LG when I tried they blew me off with the hardware being limited, ect.

Still I wonder if the CRTC follows the SAR regulations that the FCC puts out. I think LG might be giving another excuse.

I tend to agree with you. Without WiFi hotspot enabled, the Optimus Quantum has an extremely low SAR rating (.86 or lower, I believe). Other WP7 devices had higher initial ratings and were still able to enable this feature under the same standards and regulations. Now, it is possible that the C900B has hardware just different enough to make it impossible, but I'm sure there must be a way for them to throttle the output from within the firmware... At any rate, even though they outright told me that there is no chance of getting it (on the C900B firmware, that is) officially, I haven't completely given up; companies often say they can't/won't to cover their behinds. Still, I plan to upgrade when my contract allows me. SaskTel's new WP7 device is SMOOOOTH... I will miss the physical keyboard, though...
21st April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 148

952 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by relietz

I tend to agree with you. Without WiFi hotspot enabled, the Optimus Quantum has an extremely low SAR rating (.86 or lower, I believe). Other WP7 devices had higher initial ratings and were still able to enable this feature under the same standards and regulations. Now, it is possible that the C900B has hardware just different enough to make it impossible, but I'm sure there must be a way for them to throttle the output from within the firmware... At any rate, even though they outright told me that there is no chance of getting it (on the C900B firmware, that is) officially, I haven't completely given up; companies often say they can't/won't to cover their behinds. Still, I plan to upgrade when my contract allows me. SaskTel's new WP7 device is SMOOOOTH... I will miss the physical keyboard, though...

Just flash the telstra ROM, been using it on my bell c900b without issue for the last 5 months.
21st April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #94  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzero

Just flash the telstra ROM, been using it on my bell c900b without issue for the last 5 months.

Yep, same here. Although I only just got the most recent update, so I was struggling with the disappearing keyboard problem; it was getting annoying! I had that update on my C900B before I flashed the C900K. That was some time ago! But I have the latest update on here too, now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread