Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 43,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE X LTE vs HTC ONE X International

Tip us?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
As you can see, there are other minor differences.
They're minor but it means their two seperate phones; not the same phone with a different SoC. The headphone jack shot means the PCB is different between them. So their cousins, not brother and sister. This also means that while all the functionality may be the same some of what's driving it will be different. Maybe it'll be noticable, maybe it won't.

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Default I think HTC is listening ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
They're minor but it means their two seperate phones; not the same phone with a different SoC. The headphone jack shot means the PCB is different between them. So their cousins, not brother and sister. This also means that while all the functionality may be the same some of what's driving it will be different. Maybe it'll be noticable, maybe it won't.
I would have to agree with you. I think its reasonable to assume that HTC monitors these forums, and I think they are actually listening. Perhaps we are lucky with the Rogers (AT&T) ONE X because HTC may have heard of certain issues and corrected them with this release. Who knows?

Peter
MODEL: ....OnePlus One (Global)
VERSION: ..A0001 (64GB Sandstone)
RECOVERY: .TWRP v2.7.1.0
ANDROID: ..4.4.4
ROM/BUILD: CM11-20140821-NIGHTLY-bacon
KERNEL: ...3.4.0-g41804e5
RADIO: ....M8974AAAAANPZM-1

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,178
Quote:
I would have to agree with you. I think its reasonable to assume that HTC monitors these forums, and I think they are actually listening. Perhaps we are lucky with the Rogers (AT&T) ONE X because HTC may have heard of certain issues and corrected them with this release. Who knows?

Peter
I think it's way too soon for mid-course corrections. Both phones were in production at the same time.

If you boil down all the chatter on the international forum there's really three issues: 1) yellow vs. white displays, 2) funkiness with what's being displayed, and 3) battery life. Unless the display's different the XL is likely to have number 1. I'm guessing it'll be better at number 3 but that'll be offset (and maybe made worse) by using LTE. Number 2 is really the biggest issue and I'm starting to believe it's related to Teg3.

I've followed the Asus Prime since it launched and it had the same problem where individual devices may or not have experienced display issues; all produced at the same time using the same h/w and s/w. So individual Teg3 chips could be out of spec or something strange is going on with individual chips graphics support. If you guys have none of the same display problems that helps support the theory. And if it is true, both Asus and HTC are innocent of all but deciding to trust Nvidia.

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Default Great comments ...

Quote:
I think it's way too soon for mid-course corrections. Both phones were in production at the same time.

If you boil down all the chatter on the international forum there's really three issues: 1) yellow vs. white displays, 2) funkiness with what's being displayed, and 3) battery life. Unless the display's different the XL is likely to have number 1. I'm guessing it'll be better at number 3 but that'll be offset (and maybe made worse) by using LTE. Number 2 is really the biggest issue and I'm starting to believe it's related to Teg3.

I've followed the Asus Prime since it launched and it had the same problem where individual devices may or not have experienced display issues; all produced at the same time using the same h/w and s/w. So individual Teg3 chips could be out of spec or something strange is going on with individual chips graphics support. If you guys have none of the same display problems that helps support the theory. And if it is true, both Asus and HTC are innocent of all but deciding to trust Nvidia.
I guess I'm lucky concerning the yellow display issue as both units, the Rogers and the International, do not experience this issue. I can also attest to the "funkiness" with the international display. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I first got the international unit with the stock ROM (even though it was rooted), there were numerous bugs, and the display was one of them.

Peter

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

PeterGuru
Old
(Last edited by PeterGuru; 21st April 2012 at 08:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sounds logical. It may simply be a case of serendipity. Perhaps the addition of LTE forced HTC to make a small adjustment with the internal space, and the result was a different camera cover.

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterGuru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gn0s1s
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I would like to add something concerning LTE. Yes, it applies a great deal to me, but it may help others to decide if they actually need/want LTE.

My home Wifi, which is high speed, provides me with a speed of about 20Mbps download and ONLY 1Mbps upload. This is quite consistent.

As I said in an earlier post, I was visiting my mother this morning, who does not have Internet access. Hey, she doesn't even have a computer. By tethering my Rogers unit through my laptop, which was incredibly easy, I now have super high speed Internet access wherever I go ... as long as there's LTE available, and Rogers is quickly flooding Canada with LTE.

So, in fact, by using my LTE signal, I now have an even faster connection on my PC than if I was at home using my high speed Wifi connection.

My two cents worth.

Peter
In regards to your wifi, my One XL is dropping wifi signal constantly and falling back to 4G, my international One X has no such problems. I have both a 5G router and a netgear 3500L running newest tomato firmware. The phone intermittantly seems to sleep wifi and then reinitialize it... I have tried always on wifi setting to no avail, wondering if you or anyone else with a One XL is experiencing this problem?

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Peter, do you think the same cases will be able to fit both phones? I want to order a cheap tpu case for my phone so it's safe until I find something better.

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
All I know is, there's going to be a tegra 3+ with LTE in this Q3 year with LTE its a rumor so I'm waiting for an official announcement. By the tegra team.

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.

Maedhros
Old
(Last edited by Maedhros; 22nd April 2012 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Well, I looked and looked at both screens while in settings, from many angles, and I can't see any yellow tinge (no, I'm not colour blind). The backgrounds on both screens were extremely white.

Peter
Darn... got my 1X and settings menu looks yellow...

Don't have any other unit to compare to. Will post pics a little later.

Pete... could you kindly take some pics of both your screens using a LCD testing app like display tester?

Thanks

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Default Yes, cases should fit both phones ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioalas View Post
Peter, do you think the same cases will be able to fit both phones? I want to order a cheap tpu case for my phone so it's safe until I find something better.
Absolutely! The physical differences are so small, cases should fit both phones.

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterGuru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]