No registration required

My headset navigation keys stop working

OP moh86fci

22nd April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
2 days ago my head set navigation keys stop working on my desire s and any other htc phones but the head set itself is working. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA
22nd April 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,428

2,257 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moh86fci

2 days ago my head set navigation keys stop working on my desire s and any other htc phones but the head set itself is working. Any ideas?

Things break, malfunction, go out of order all the time. Then they are either fixed or replaced.

I think it's a problem with your headset buttons or one of the connecting solders came off. You can either take apart the control module and try to check if the connections are fine - because it looks like your audio leads are working, but the 4th control lead is busted.

Alternatively, you can try a similar headset and if it turns out to be working, just buy a new one. These things are pretty cheap.

cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmaamit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 56

144 posts
More
Quote:

Mine too half year ago. I still can listen to music but I can't use the headset buttons neither the microphone on it.

But here is the strange part: It works with my collegue's Desire HD and my friend's Desire! And I can use their headsets in my device as well... Just not mine in my Desire S. I tried it with the stock sense 3.0 ROM, Endy's latest sense 3.5 ROM, MIUI, Cyanogen, IceColdSandwich and now with CoreDroid.

If anyone has any solution it's much appreciated.
24th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
this is very strange!! i have tested my head set on my brother htc rayhm and it is working, i think this is a software issue

25th April 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 56

144 posts
More
Quote:

this is very strange!! i have tested my head set on my brother htc rayhm and it is working, i think this is a software issue

Well, it should be a sw issue, but I don't know what kind of... I formatted at least 9 times my phone (cache, system, dalvik etc) and the issue still exist.

The only thing I didn't tried: format/wipe the phone related storage (and chaches) AND the SD card simultaneously. Next time I flash a new ROM I'll try and let you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrFEr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread