Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Part2---NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis---ROMS and more

Tip us?

DaremoS
Old
(Last edited by DaremoS; 21st April 2012 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp View Post
Thanks, video is going to be the hard part, not sure what DaremoS did to fix the last one. I like the new lock screen options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1KyAqhywr0

stevemp
Lots of things I haven't see your rom yet (I'm not at home... I'm in my daughter dept at the north).
Anyway, more or less:

. First to have all the binaries with *rk* in the names in /system specially those in /system/framework.
. Second to have the whole libs of codes in /system/lib those starting with libopencore* and libomx* and libstagefright* for ARMv5te or ARMv6 (froyo rel 8 or GB.2.3.1 rel 9)
. Third pick selected libraries related with media... most important libmediaplayerservice

Very important all the binaries in /system/lib have to be for ARMv5te or ARMv6 instead of ARMv7. Check this displaying the binaries with a text reader and in the last 30 lines of garbage you'll see the word ARM followed by the version.

My suggestion is to pick this binaries from Froyo, GB.2.3.1. Just remember that nothing for RK2818 have changed since Eclaire times, then all the lib binaries are almost the same.
Other suggestion: use a comparing tool ... comparing a working rom from GB.2.3.1 with yours (GB.2.3.1 have all media working fine)

This is a starting point

From tuesday afternoon I'll be at my home and I'll take a look to your rom... for the moment I'll be playing games with RK2918 ...
I think you won't need more advices from me

PS.: I would like to see a rom not related with mine or fun_ !!! so good luck my friend!

Give peace a chance and a good French kiss to Ash Hollywood!
Rock more than music is a way of living
Phablet Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - KK 4.4.2
Smartphone Samsung Galaxy Trend - ICS 4.0.4
Tablet Onn 07DX (Yifang M7000DK) RK3066 7" - JB 4.1.1
Tablet Onn 07HD (Yifang M7000NBD) AML8726-MXS 7" - JB.4.1.1
Tablet Onn 07DR (Yifang M7100KLD) RK3026 7" - JB 4.2.2
Tablet Master-G G-820c (Yifang M900HC) RK2918 8" - JB 4.2.2 (Oma)
I love the cheapy Yifang stuff
[/SIZE]

stevemp
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default New Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS View Post
Lots of things I haven't see your rom yet (I'm not at home... I'm in my daughter dept at the north).
Anyway, more or less:

. First to have all the binaries with *rk* in the names in /system specially those in /system/framework.
. Second to have the whole libs of codes in /system/lib those starting with libopencore* and libomx* and libstagefright* for ARMv5te or ARMv6 (froyo rel 8 or GB.2.3.1 rel 9)
. Third pick selected libraries related with media... most important libmediaplayerservice

Very important all the binaries in /system/lib have to be for ARMv5te or ARMv6 instead of ARMv7. Check this displaying the binaries with a text reader and in the last 30 lines of garbage you'll see the word ARM followed by the version.

My suggestion is to pick this binaries from Froyo, GB.2.3.1. Just remember that nothing for RK2818 have changed since Eclaire times, then all the lib binaries are almost the same.
Other suggestion: use a comparing tool ... comparing a working rom from GB.2.3.1 with yours (GB.2.3.1 have all media working fine)

This is a starting point

From tuesday afternoon I'll be at my home and I'll take a look to your rom... for the moment I'll be playing games with RK2918 ...
I think you won't need more advices from me

PS.: I would like to see a rom not related with mine or fun_ !!! so good luck my friend!

Give peace a chance and a good French kiss to Ash Hollywood!
I missed a library when compiling, hdmi.rk28board.so. Two issues two solve, hw video and squished keyboard like in Lefeudedieu rom. I think fun_ used beta of CyanogenMod 7.2, reason for all the bugs. No problem with sleep now, it has been running for over eight hours on last charge, wakes up like it should. Feels fast as Froyo already, seems like Gingerbread will be good on rk2818. 7.2 has all the options for the lock screen, reason I wanted to build it. Thanks for your help, maybe together we can make an amazing Gingerbread.

stevemp

heart_crafter
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I missed a library when compiling, hdmi.rk28board.so. Two issues two solve, hw video and squished keyboard like in Lefeudedieu rom. I think fun_ used beta of CyanogenMod 7.2, reason for all the bugs. No problem with sleep now, it has been running for over eight hours on last charge, wakes up like it should. Feels fast as Froyo already, seems like Gingerbread will be good on rk2818. 7.2 has all the options for the lock screen, reason I wanted to build it. Thanks for your help, maybe together we can make an amazing Gingerbread.

stevemp

Keep it up!!!

Device 3: Note II (SGH-T889)
Device 2: myTouch 4G Slide
My First Windows App for Public:JPEG Organizer 1.0.1.0
My First App for Windows Phone:
Salat(Prayer) Reminder - SMS v0.9.8.8

Device2: Next Book - Next 3
RKCookingWithRootingInstructions

The Following User Says Thank You to heart_crafter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JDfense
Old
(Last edited by JDfense; 21st April 2012 at 10:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS View Post

At least, how can stevemp do that? As you said, the rockship files never changed since eclare and the cm7 files are the same as long your are not try to code playing with the files. The trick is, as fare I understand your genius the well assembling of cm7 file versions, a very patient trial and error cooking job?
Am I right or are there some secrets you hide so far, DaremoSouthpark?
Take this... against rage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0As0...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWZs...eature=related
Odys Genesis with JDfense Darwin froyo /// Hannspree Hannspad with supercharged DRH ICS mod by JDfense /// Easypix EasyPad 970 with oma/moage JellyBean mod by Stevemp and JDfense /// Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with rooted stock JellyBean
Ainol novo crystal with Crystal JBX mod by JDfense

stevemp
Old
(Last edited by stevemp; 21st April 2012 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 307
Default New Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDfense View Post
At least, how can stevemp do that? As you said, the rockship files never changed since eclare and the cm7 files are the same as long your are not try to code playing with the files. The trick is, as fare I understand your genius the well assembling of cm7 file versions, a very patient trial and error cooking job?
Am I right or are there some secrets you hide so far, DaremoSouthpark?
Take this... against rage.
No assembling, downloaded Android and CyanogenMod source code and compiled just like fun_ did. I don't know why he claimed they were all his, anyone can do it if you study and try. Well fun_ did write some code of his own but I'm not using it.

stevemp

JDfense
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
No assembling, downloaded Android and CyanogenMod source code and compiled just like fun_ did. I don't know why he claimed they were all his, anyone can do it if you study and try.

stevemp
Not anyone can compile, only the gingerdevs and fun with_
There is no cooking(assembling) job after that or better before?
Odys Genesis with JDfense Darwin froyo /// Hannspree Hannspad with supercharged DRH ICS mod by JDfense /// Easypix EasyPad 970 with oma/moage JellyBean mod by Stevemp and JDfense /// Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with rooted stock JellyBean
Ainol novo crystal with Crystal JBX mod by JDfense

stevemp
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Default New Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_crafter View Post
Keep it up!!!
You could do it better than me. I am just changing scripts by hand, you could write new ones. Android and CyanogenMod wrote scripts to pull libraries from tablet and create the make scripts. Big thing is to find out which rockchips libraries are needed to build with, may have to write some code to get hw acceleration working.

stevemp

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDfense View Post
Not anyone can compile, only the gingerdevs and fun with_
There is no cooking(assembling) job after that or better before?
I take out some of the stuff our tablets don't use like bluetooth, camera, sound recorder, etc. It makes a system directory that I make into a cramfs and use with our boot and recovery image.

stevemp

heart_crafter
Old
(Last edited by heart_crafter; 22nd April 2012 at 01:42 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
one way to find what library lol
flash one of the cyanmod rom with working hw acc...
rename one library at a time and do a reboot... and test video... do this untill u break the video acc...

i wish i could help :P im out of time at the moment :P [ i gota throw(dist) out this eclair rom :P so i can start something better ]

i was playing with boot.img... and removed backup partition from the HWDEF and parameter files...
i was wondering if we can join the system and backup partitions to make the system partition bigger...

i changed this:
system 0x0000E000:0x00030000:f
backup 0x0003E000:0x0003A000:

to this
system 0x0000E000:0x0003A000:f

after booting... backup partition was removed... but i havent seen any increase in system partition size...

let me know if anyone ever did manage to increase the size :P and let me know if im just waisting my time...

also the /dev folder got extra 100 mb in there... maybe we can merge that with system also...

:P

heart_crafter
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
i just flashed CyanogenMod-7.2.0-rk2818-UNOFFICIAL... :P

stevemp
Old
(Last edited by stevemp; 19th November 2012 at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 307
Default New Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_crafter View Post
i just flashed CyanogenMod-7.2.0-rk2818-UNOFFICIAL... :P
Try changing libmediaplayerservice.so in /system/lib, fixes hw acceleration but brings back black screen. Try going into CyanogenMod settings, display and turn off background animations. You are going to need a keyboard also.

stevemp

Tags
rk2818