Originally Posted by Quipp
thnx for the quick replie..
once again im lost in the world of xda.....
i'm having some issues with typhoons rom (blackscreens aftercalls needs reboot, pretty anoying) so im looking for a good stable rom for daily use.
so the question is if use this kernel wil my problem be fix?
iff I need the dorimanx rom plz link.
other question can I only use the CM7? or the other theme's allso? exept dori
- though I no longer use Typhoon rom, I can vouch that it doesn't get more stable...mostly because it is not an Enthusiast based rom. It's primary goal is to be closest to Cm7 source. Try reinstalling rom over existing installation. OR, try using a slightly older rom version since maybe the latest version has introduced this BLACKSCREEN after calls ISSUE.
- try going to settings/call settings/keep screen awake
and Always use Proximity
. Toggle and test with these 2 settings and see if they have any effect.
- It's pretty simple to upgrade to Dx rom as well by installing overtop of Typhoon rom. You could try that (do a backup). This will give you the rom/kernel package. Use the light version for simplicity and perhaps don't use extra options like data-to-ext or Odex etc. Keep it simple at first. You can always reinstall (without losing data) and add those options in.
- Kernel will doubtfully fix your blackscreen issue...but why not try? Just do a backup first and your set.
---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------
Originally Posted by hypergamer1231
First of all you are so lucky that you get such awesome battery backup
I need your help and others also please advise
I am located in mumbai india
My carrier is Reliance GSM has 3g and 2g, I checked and it appears the network does support fast dormancy hence i always keep it on
I am using a TMOUS HD2 with transcend 32 gb class 4 card and i alwatys use the high end rom with advanced task killer set to kill apps on screen off
I always keep data on edge and in stand by my drain is 15-20 Ma but when i use the phone the drain goes as high as 740
I am using the latest radio 2.15.50 for TMOUS
the kernels I have tried are 3.2, 5.7, 5.8, all 6 series kernels still the drain is the same high. Even fast dormancy off gives a similar drain, I also have 4 bad blocks and hence i have set up a 300mb partition with 2 gb SD ext 4 and 256 swap.
Last point to make, after trying everything i decided to format the sd and then installed winmo>task29>magldr>partition>partition sd> install rom and have not installed a single app apart from the included in the rom still the drain is very high.
Am extremely sorry for a very loooong post but please help so that we can identify the issue
I think your post was thorough. Good to give as much info as possible.
- I would try AP mode (which you did) it's always good to eliminate the Radio when diagnosing drain issues.
- what CPU gov are you using? Try SmartAssV2 and during testing maybe keep it at 245-998mhz. (Set Cpu will do this for you in case you don't know)
- as another user mentioned...Better Battery Stats can really give good information about what may be stuck ON in the background....WAKE LOCKS etc.
- Current Widget set to log at 30sec intervals (no less) and see what your numbers are over at least a 10-20min period.
- do you have another SDcard you can try?
- install the rom package without any of the Odex/data-ext/fast-dormancy features etc.
- is there any app running in the background after your fresh install? I mean...is ATK app considered part of your fresh install? When you say Fresh Install...is there any chance an app like Facebook or Email is constantly polling? And how are you measuring battery drain anyway?
---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------
Less than a day on 6.6b, no zram, 500mb sdSwap, no odex/d2sd/vpn.
- speed...feel factor says faster/smoother than 6.6a...immediately noticed that.
- stable so far...no weird behavior
- bt/gps good
- wifi...speed test best ever. Peaked at 14mbps. Older kernels peaked at 9-10. But I haven't tested this in a while so not sure when it got so fast.
- Standby Drain test last night...9hrs=6% drain with wifi/GPS/voice ON! That's pretty darn good. CpuSpy/CurrentWidget/Battery Info all confirm this happy drain.
- 96-1400mhz SaV2 working perfect as usual. "Please don't remove this lower clock option even if it's 90% placebo".
- games...to me seems normal...but maybe even a bit faster as when I did my loose tests, I noticed fluidity improvements in a couple of games. Could be circumstances too! Certainly not slow.
- ummmmmm... 500mb sdSwap....really good....not perfect but surprisingly stable.