Originally Posted by Bytecode
Hello folks. I'm a known dev for the LG-P500,but now I have to make some mods to my friend's Galaxy S. It's pretty old (it has Eclair,2,1-update1) and I'd like to know.. what do I have to do for updating it to ICS 4.0.4? Sorry,but I am a noob in this device
P.S: From 0 to 100,how much is it dangerous?
1) Get usb drivers for your i9000
2) Download this update this site provides--"http://androidadvices.com/valuepack-update-samsung-galaxy-face-unlock-i9000-xxjvu-236/"
3) all flashing details in the website very easy, just strictly follow it.
4) Root the same, follow this page to root it--"http://androidadvices.com/root-samsung-galaxy-gt-i9000-pack-xxjvu-236-firmware/"
5) Download the ICS flavour you want, put it on the root of your internal sd card, and as after rooting you will have CWM, you can wipe cache and Wipe partition plus Dalvik cahe if needed and flash.