Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] Update Galaxy S (i9000) to Android 4.0.4

OP Bytecode

19th April 2012, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag /dev/null
Thanks Meter: 4,458

2,593 posts
More
Hello folks. I'm a known dev for the LG-P500,but now I have to make some mods to my friend's Galaxy S. It's pretty old (it has Eclair,2,1-update1) and I'd like to know.. what do I have to do for updating it to ICS 4.0.4? Sorry,but I am a noob in this device

P.S: From 0 to 100,how much is it dangerous?
19th April 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #2  
Flag Iloilo
Thanks Meter: 40

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytecode

Hello folks. I'm a known dev for the LG-P500,but now I have to make some mods to my friend's Galaxy S. It's pretty old (it has Eclair,2,1-update1) and I'd like to know.. what do I have to do for updating it to ICS 4.0.4? Sorry,but I am a noob in this device

Flash stock gb. To get gb bootloader

Root with cf-root kernel via odin, flash cm7 then flash ics of your choice.

How dangerous? Id give it a 30

Tapatalking in my sleep
Last edited by ryandabao; 19th April 2012 at 02:12 PM.
19th April 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 64

419 posts
More
Flash GB JVU + Hardcore Kernel(GB than ics via CWM

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
19th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

71 posts
More
Thumbs up HEre
Quote:

1) Get usb drivers for your i9000
2) Download this update this site provides--"http://androidadvices.com/valuepack-update-samsung-galaxy-face-unlock-i9000-xxjvu-236/"
3) all flashing details in the website very easy, just strictly follow it.
4) Root the same, follow this page to root it--"http://androidadvices.com/root-samsung-galaxy-gt-i9000-pack-xxjvu-236-firmware/"
5) Download the ICS flavour you want, put it on the root of your internal sd card, and as after rooting you will have CWM, you can wipe cache and Wipe partition plus Dalvik cahe if needed and flash.
21st April 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag /dev/null

2,593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarjivraj

1) Get usb drivers for your i9000
2) Download this update this site provides--"http://androidadvices.com/valuepack-update-samsung-galaxy-face-unlock-i9000-xxjvu-236/"
3) all flashing details in the website very easy, just strictly follow it.
4) Root the same, follow this page to root it--"http://androidadvices.com/root-samsung-galaxy-gt-i9000-pack-xxjvu-236-firmware/"
5) Download the ICS flavour you want, put it on the root of your internal sd card, and as after rooting you will have CWM, you can wipe cache and Wipe partition plus Dalvik cahe if needed and flash.

**** happened yo. My friend was like "I'm gonna do it myself" and I was like "no you'll brick everything". Infact I'm stuck on a little screen on boot with an orange triangle between a phone and a computer. Only way to recover phone is Odin I guess (complete flash) so where do I get i9000 USB drivers? Thanks yo
21st April 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag /dev/null

2,593 posts
More
Quote:

**** happened yo. My friend was like "I'm gonna do it myself" and I was like "no you'll brick everything". Infact I'm stuck on a little screen on boot with an orange triangle between a phone and a computer. Only way to recover phone is Odin I guess (complete flash) so where do I get i9000 USB drivers? Thanks yo

EDIT: NVM,Fixed everything. CM9 is soooooooo smooth
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread