Thread Closed

[Root][TWRP][FFF][CWM]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 (5/09/12) [First Gen Only]

OP Vashypooh

22nd April 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #1431  
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Is anyone having trouble getting this to work? (Sorry if this has already been answered, I did my best to find it on my own!)

I downloaded v0.9.5 (and after having no luck, v0.9.4 and v0.9.3) extracted the files and clicked on the run.bat. Every time, not matter the version, the file runs, then goes through the initial bs, then the window closes. I figured it was a configuration issue, so I then clicked the install_drivers.bat, which very quickly loaded the command prompt then disappeared. I uninstalled then reinstalled the drivers multiple times as well as uninstalled then reinstalled the Android SDK tools, and still no luck. I can see it under Processes as well, but it's nowhere to be seen. I know I can run it on my work computer which is running W7. The issue I'm having is with a Vista pc.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
22nd April 2012, 12:48 AM   |  #1432  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 51

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocap3069

I have read and tried the various tricks stated to fix the issue with the ICS 4.0 Launcher looping on my Kindle Fire. The problem is there is nothing called kindle in my device manager on my XP or my Win7 systems. The only programs from this utlitly that are running are fastboot and adb. Either system gets stuck at Waiting for Device and will not proceed. I have not previously rooted my Kindle Fire.
Any ideas? Thank you for any help you can provide.

I tried an old Win98 trick and got the Kindle to be seen by the utility but now I am stuck at the TWRP screen.
What am I supposed to do from here?

ICS 4.0 Launcher looping? Not sure what you mean by that. What exactly is happening?

With your kindle fire plugged in, did you not see Android Phone in device manager?

If not, then your drivers were not installed properly. And that is the root of your issues <pun intended>.

Old Win98 Trick? What was this?

Stuck at TWRP Screen? So your in TWRP at the moment? Then choose reboot and then choose normal within TWRP.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxredeye

Is anyone having trouble getting this to work?

Vista sucks... but anyway...

Try renaming Kindle Fire Utility to KFU and then putting that folder into the root of a drive such as C:\KFU or D:\KFU and see how it goes from there.

BTW it sounds as if the file is being ran as an administrator, that is usually what will cause the ran.bat to run and then close immediately after.
Last edited by Techlyfe; 22nd April 2012 at 12:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techlyfe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #1433  
Flag Grand Rapids, MI

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlyfe

Vista sucks...

Quote:

Try renaming Kindle Fire Utility to KFU and then putting that folder into the root of a drive such as C:\KFU or D:\KFU and see how it goes from there.

Thank you so much! I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out! You rock!
22nd April 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #1434  

17 posts
Question:

I have successfully put CWM recovery onto the KF. Now I realised I actually need TWRP for getting the kernel 3.0 on. However it seems like for some reason the ADB driver will not activate. In the Utility menu it gives me a 'we are unable to locate your Kindle Fire' error and shows ADB as offline - see attached.
I've gone into the device manager and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and no luck. In fastboot mode it just shows the KF with the Android logo on top but still no active ADB. I've followed all the information I could get online about this - but feel like I'm missing something small here.

Can anybody assist?

Thanks!
22nd April 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #1435  
Flag Jersey City, NJ

182 posts
More
[QUOTE=jasongray;25154683In the Utility menu it gives me a 'we are unable to locate your Kindle Fire' error and shows ADB as offline - see attached.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I noticed anything attached.

Btw is your Kindle booting into A ROM?

Try this anyway

Hard shutdown your kindle, (hold power button for 20-25 seconds until it shutsdown)
Now, Start KFU
Choose option 3 (Install Latest TWRP)
You should now see < waiting for device > in KFU
Now, Plug up your kindle, KFU should kick in from there and install TWRP along with the older bootloader.

**Note to all that doesn't know, if you see Android Phone in device manager,with your kindle plugged in, it's not your drivers that are crapped. Uninstalling and then re-installing them isn't going to do much. It's something else at fault.
Last edited by Techlyfe; 22nd April 2012 at 07:53 AM.
22nd April 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #1436  

17 posts
Quote:

I don't think I noticed anything attached.

Btw is your Kindle booting into A ROM?

Try this anyway

Hard shutdown your kindle, (hold power button for 20-25 seconds until it shutsdown)
Now, Start KFU
Choose option 3 (Install Latest TWRP)
You should now see < waiting for device > in KFU
Now, Plug up your kindle, KFU should kick in from there and install TWRP along with the older bootloader.

**Note to all that doesn't know, if you see Android Phone in device manager,with your kindle plugged in, it's not your drivers that are crapped. Uninstalling and then re-installing them isn't going to do much. It's something else at fault.

Thanks for the help. I got it fixed now
22nd April 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #1437  
Thanks Meter: 52

154 posts
Update on my feeble attempt at rooting my kindle...

I chose option 2 to install root and it worked. Then I selected the option to install FireFireFire and my KF rebooted to the fire caution sign, which it is stuck at, and KFU script is <waiting for device>, so it seems like on the attempt to fastboot I have lost connectivity with my computer (or something like that).

So now I reading back through the thread and am trying different things to force my KF to talk to KFU again, such as command line fastboots, running multiple instances of KFU, powering down and back on, etc. I will share what I learn when I get this crazy device conquered.
22nd April 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #1438  

3 posts
Quote:

ICS 4.0 Launcher looping? Not sure what you mean by that. What exactly is happening?

With your kindle fire plugged in, did you not see Android Phone in device manager?

If not, then your drivers were not installed properly. And that is the root of your issues <pun intended>.

Old Win98 Trick? What was this?

Stuck at TWRP Screen? So your in TWRP at the moment? Then choose reboot and then choose normal within TWRP.

I ran into this issue because I misread the directions for the ICS 4.0 Launcher
and it was stuck in the Force Close issue. My Kindle fire just reboots into TWRP
2.0.0 if I touch the power button or not. There is no Normal option under Reboot
in TWRP only System and Power Off, both of which get me back to TWRP. The Kindle Fire utility cannot seem to see my Kindle any longer. Where do I get the standard Kindle Fire rom to flash if I must do that to fix this issue? I just want to
get me Kindle Fire back to factory default settings. Thank you for your reply
Last edited by mocap3069; 22nd April 2012 at 11:14 PM.
22nd April 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #1439  
Flag Jersey City, NJ

182 posts
More
*edited to repost below*
Last edited by Techlyfe; 22nd April 2012 at 11:33 PM.
22nd April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #1440  
Thanks Meter: 52

154 posts
Quote:

So long as you haven't messed with your drivers up to that point, simply unplugging your kindle, Shutting it down (by holding power button for 20-25 seconds) and then plugging the kindle fire back up should have kicked the KFU back into action.

That was the first thing I tried. I did it about 7 times. After that I opened up another instance of KFU and selected bootmode>recovery to see if that would start things back up, but it stuck on <waiting for device>.

When I checked Device Manager after sticking on FFF, I noticed my KF was showing as 'kindle' with an exclamation, so I was thinking because of the bootmode change, my drivers pooped out, which is very sad.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootmode, debrick, drivers, kindle, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread