5,600,053 Members 43,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Firmware][ICS]UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the Infuse 4G (07/28/2012)

Tip us?

marty331
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryman13 View Post
Is V6 supercharged flawless with this? Is it worth it even?
I'm running it and I believe it makes a big difference.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium
Current Devices:
Phone: Nexus 4
ROMs: CM10.1

Device: Nexus 7
ROM: Stock Rooted
CM10

Previous:

Phone: Infuse SGH-I997
ROMs: Infused 2.2
Serendipity VII
CM7
CM9
CM10

Device: Kindle Fire
ROMs: CM7
ICS/CM9

tripartist1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty331 View Post
Are you using a Linux computer or something lesser? I'm on Ubuntu and see my sd card just fine. Also, I don't think reformatting your sd card will void your warranty, now flashing CM9 probably did, but as you said, you can Heimdall back to stock if you ever had an issue.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium
no im on win7. and im saying opening the phone to get the internal sd will void it.
so no clue as to how to mount it on either computer or phone...

theraffman
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripartist1 View Post
no im on win7. and im saying opening the phone to get the internal sd will void it.
Opening it to get the internal sd is pointless, I believe it's not as a traditional "sd" and is permanently attached to the mobo. I have never looked but this is what information I have gathered over the year I have had this phone.

the issue you are experiencing has been resolved I believe. I think it was dman who figured it out... Perhaps entropy or maybe axiomkid... Search the other ics thread in general... It was posted in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

marty331
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Your sd card is removable, it just clicks in near the Sim card, taking it out doesn't void any warranty I've ever heard of. Make sure when you put it back in that you put it in upside down as that is the correct position.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium
Current Devices:
Phone: Nexus 4
ROMs: CM10.1

Device: Nexus 7
ROM: Stock Rooted
CM10

Previous:

Phone: Infuse SGH-I997
ROMs: Infused 2.2
Serendipity VII
CM7
CM9
CM10

Device: Kindle Fire
ROMs: CM7
ICS/CM9

RoryB
Old
(Last edited by RoryB; 22nd April 2012 at 03:17 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 652

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
YEESSS!!! about time, i double wiped everything and got jts ( i think...) version to flash. installed like posted. now i have one issue. my sd cards wont mount, and i cant access the files to tb or any of my apps. i did not flash gapps yet, and need to get them to mount... when i connect to my pc, it gets stuck on the " select button below bla bla bla tranfer files" . no button shows, it just continues to load. ive tried mounting through cwm...any ideas (preferably W/O losing all my apps / data. ( i know i can take the internal sd card out of the phone and pop it into the computer to backup all my files, then format it to the phone, but that will void my warranty (at least i can still flash unrooted stock right now, theyll never know ) and its a pain in the ass to disassemble...)) on how to fix ( srry for going crazy with the ()......)

EDIT:
OH BTW the version i flashed automatically flashed the ics recovery...
i flashed the rom from red cwm, rebooted, hung on samsung, reboot recovery, got ICS recovery...?formated bla nbla , got CM9, sd card no mounty...
I think you are looking for things about vold.fstab file. I think you need to edit it to get your sdcard to show up.

I am trying to remember what I had to do to get it to work for me. It was not the changing the mcc2. I had to change one of the strings of "emmc" text to "\mnt\sdcard\external_sd", but I cannot remember if it was the first or second one.

I think it is dev_mount emmc /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2

!@#$%^&*(*&^%$ Can't remember for sure.
Maybe it was dev_mount /mnt/sdcard/external_sd emmc auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2

I just did it by trial and error
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Read About Me to see what I am working on & following like CHTS, Reminder and AppTask widgets, and CHT basic function tweaks. Also, Fixed CHT restarting when you have no tasks.
Mortscript | iniEditor | regEditor| MortScripts to toggle settings
Samsung Infuse 4G drowned. If you have one check out Scott's CM10 or CM10PA Firmware
ATT Fuze (HTC RAPH110) with Energy ROM: Energy.RAPHAEL.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.06
HTC Wizard|See about me for my ROM collection and other work

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 23408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty331 View Post
Your sd card is removable, it just clicks in near the Sim card, taking it out doesn't void any warranty I've ever heard of. Make sure when you put it back in that you put it in upside down as that is the correct position.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium
Even though it is mounted internally, that is the" external" SD. The internal one is soldered to the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tripartist1
Old
(Last edited by tripartist1; 22nd April 2012 at 06:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Even though it is mounted internally, that is the" external" SD. The internal one is soldered to the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
usually they have a lock mechanism and are removable (hense the mods to increase internal mem. take apart, pop new sd in and reformat everything. etc idk exactly, but they are removable. ive taken aprt several tablets and have seen them myself) the issue im having is the cm9 i have has no file editor, and i cannot DL one BC i need a mem. card to DL ANYTHING...unless someone can whip up a flashable ics compatible root explorer or something that i can flash from cwm, then edit the path...other than that i like ics, i just CANNOT have no music, market, DL, etc. it was phone, internet (no DL though), texting, and limited settings is all i had (i reflashed zues, which was a pain, and now have no status bar... but i can live with that.)

also after investigating the issue more, the cm9 i flashed had flashed ics recovery also, like i said, and that recovery can use the softkeys!
menu...scroll down
home...scroll up
back...well, back
search...select
i just wasnt sure if anyone knew that, although it would be much nicer if youhad the GB bootloaders, too.

so, a re-up:
no download (from anywhere)
no usb connect (not sure about DL mode...)
no file explorer at all
no editor (that i know of)
i DO have terminal emulator if that can help at all.

edit: reboot fixed the status bar
attempting a reflash

UPDATE: no more issues. i reflashed entropys version and it flashed fine. camera, sd card, music, im done flashing for a while.
IDK what was up B4, but it worked now. flashing gapps now. thank you all so much for your support. this is by far the most community-like forum ive joined. entropy, i will definately donate when i get some money (im piss broke at the moment...)

e0mandaniel
Old
Thanks Meter 11
my flash light does not work with this is it a bug?

tripartist1
Old
(Last edited by tripartist1; 22nd April 2012 at 06:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Default Last time! I promise

for those who must live with rainbow recovery, its a stereo image, just cross your eyes like magic eye picture ( merge the two images together as one)
it is much easier to read it this way.

eg. oooo ))0 ))0 oooo

should look like:

oooo)) oooo ))0 oooo ))oooo

^ ^^ ^
break merge break
just google how to doa magic eye picture

i lied. when i try to dl from playstore says invalid package file
any fix... already tried clear cache / data.
The Following User Says Thank You to tripartist1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 23408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0mandaniel View Post
my flash light does not work with this is it a bug?
Seriously, you can't even read the INSTRUCTIONS IN BOLD AT THE TOP OF THE FIRST POST?

Please gain some reading comprehension skills before posting here again.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]