OP emorej

21st April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #71  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,288

21,800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

Hamdir, the photo I took above was after cellphone was being charged and off, so it wasn't hot. Mine always display that issue.

I showed my One X to another One X owner and he clearly identified the issue. On his unit there is no gap.

On monday, I'm going to a HTC repair center, since I cannot return my unit. I trully hope they consider this as a fault and repair it.

keep us updated mate, his unit has zero flex/gap/creek anywhere?
22nd April 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 349

1,335 posts
Yes, zero gap and zero creek. About flex, I'm not 100% sure as I didn't ask for it directly, but it seems to me that it's fine too. I was even thinking of getting his One X (his company his going to give him one), but I cannot return my unit.

Do you think if HTC center accepts to repair my One X it will be need to replace the entire screen structure or they just gonna glue it better? I want a white screen
22nd April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #73  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

21,800 posts
Quote:

Yes, zero gap and zero creek. About flex, I'm not 100% sure as I didn't ask for it directly, but it seems to me that it's fine too. I was even thinking of getting his One X (his company his going to give him one), but I cannot return my unit.

Do you think if HTC center accepts to repair my One X it will be need to replace the entire screen structure or they just gonna glue it better? I want a white screen

most likely just re-glue unless you consider the yellow screen a flaw

i made up my mind, ill keep mine its working perfectly with a perfect screen and no flickering, good temps too

it such a silly non issue to return it for, a waste and a risk

time to just enjoy it now
Last edited by hamdir; 22nd April 2012 at 12:46 AM.
22nd April 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
The line of light is not coming from underneath the glass. It is an optical effect where some of the light is coming out of the sides of the glass itself and reflecting off the shiny black side of the frame lining. I thought you meant there was an open wound where dust could get under the screen. That is not the case here.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:

Hamdir, the photo I took above was after cellphone was being charged and off, so it wasn't hot. Mine always display that issue.

I showed my One X to another One X owner and he clearly identified the issue. On his unit there is no gap.

On monday, I'm going to a HTC repair center, since I cannot return my unit. I trully hope they consider this as a fault and repair it.

I still don't think this is a fault. There are probably slight variances in the size of the black frame and of the glass itself. So each unit will vary slightly. I reckon the repair facility will think you are insane but I am curious what they say. On my right side there is still a fraction of a millimeter gap and dust still gets in. As the glass and frame are two pieces there is no way they will make a perfect seal with each other at every point. If you put a magnifying glass to your friends one you will see there is a gap, just very very very very small.

The important thing is that it it sealed enough that dust can't get in behind the screen. That's all that matters.
22nd April 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #75  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

21,800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

The line of light is not coming from underneath the glass. It is an optical effect where some of the light is coming out of the sides of the glass itself and reflecting off the shiny black side of the frame lining. I thought you meant there was an open wound where dust could get under the screen. That is not the case here.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I still don't think this is a fault. There are probably slight variances in the size of the black frame and of the glass itself. So each unit will vary slightly. I reckon the repair facility will think you are insane but I am curious what they say. On my right side there is still a fraction of a millimeter gap and dust still gets in. As the glass and frame are two pieces there is no way they will make a perfect seal with each other at every point. If you put a magnifying glass to your friends one you will see there is a gap, just very very very very small.

The important thing is that it it sealed enough that dust can't get in behind the screen. That's all that matters.

so if the left side has a tiny bigger gap BUT its also flexing a little, just a little it means there is a risk of dust getting in don't you think?
Last edited by hamdir; 22nd April 2012 at 12:56 PM.
22nd April 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
It really depends if the flexing is allowing a hole to open or the two surfaces are always in contact but able to move around slightly. If there really was a gap you would see obvious light peeking through that gap I would think. I have noticed my flexing has pretty much gone now as it goes through more heat and cooling cycles. I think it is almost gone completely. But I am very very worried about the reports of the polycarbonate body melting and deforming.
22nd April 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #77  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

21,800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

It really depends if the flexing is allowing a hole to open or the two surfaces are always in contact but able to move around slightly. If there really was a gap you would see obvious light peeking through that gap I would think. I have noticed my flexing has pretty much gone now as it goes through more heat and cooling cycles. I think it is almost gone completely. But I am very very worried about the reports of the polycarbonate body melting and deforming.

Its like yours most likely, the gap is slightly bigger than the right and it flexes slightly down, it actually needs pressure to flex so no its not really bad and like you said based on the temps sometimes it gets rigid, i think there a slightly uneven glue under one part causing the flex, i hope it disappears like you said

my cousin had a gap plus flex on the top of the device, i pressed it for him hard the moment we saw and it never came back but he is not over using his device like me

This is why im convinced the issue is temp related, i was playing THD games and i saw how the left side relaxed and the gap widened

as for the reports, where did u read melting that's really alarming

eitherway its unsafe for the device to keep operating at those temps, HTC should not listen to Nvidia, Nv never cares about the longevity of their chips and don't mind messing around with thermal limits

i hope the issue get more coverage so that HTC issues a down-clock update!

i think T3 will do just fine @ 1.3ghz!!
22nd April 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 41

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

i think T3 will do just fine @ 1.3ghz!!

Wont it be a downgrade from a 1.5 sensation in non quad optimised apps (99%)? ..esp considering the higher reso screen.

I have dat tiny hope theyll admit t3 a fail and ship s4 as international.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
22nd April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
Hi , I have also 1 gap on my one x, but is in different place . is on the lower part of phone, just under the apps closing button, and when is dark can see light coming from button, is 5 mm by 1mm and looks ugly.
22nd April 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Posted this in another thread

Is this a normal gap or a bigger one?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread