Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Farewell DX2 community! HTC Dinc2, Here I come!!! :D + Tips to score a new phone!

OP litetaker

22nd April 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #211  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,064

6,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
bahaha i just used a paper clip to s-off!! lol
22nd April 2012, 12:44 AM   |  #212  
Thanks Meter: 490

1,420 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfkiter

Ok, here's an update. Called back VZW today to move forward with the HTC Rezound early upgrade...the guy i originally talked to was off today, so i had to talk to a whole new rep...and she was like "oh no, i dont think we can do that early upgrade, blah blah blah"....i asked her nicely to check with her supervisor, and that the original rep had ok'ed it with his supervisor..she says NO, but will check again, and call me back...after a couple hours, calls back and says her rep will allow the upgrade...sooo i said lets do it...soo, should see the phone early next week.. will give a final update once i have it in hand...

That is an insane early upgrade. You went from a buggy 3g phone to one if the best lte phones on Verizon. Surprised that Verizon gave you it but congrats on the new phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 05:34 PM   |  #213  
Thanks Meter: 60

755 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

You might have to send me a PM with a list of what you did when you first got the phone. Coming from another X2 user and someone new to that device will help more then a thread where as they think you've done this before. A Noob guide to Rezound romming. It seems way more confusing then a Moto device where as I just clicked a button was rooted and then installed a rom and I was done.
22nd April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #214  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyattsville, MD
Thanks Meter: 584

1,586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antp121

Oh. My. GOD!!! The S-off for your device is more complicated than rocket science!

Thank god, I have a Dinc2... Though I must admit it would be all worth it at the end of the day! Do you have to turn two knobs at the same time, flip open the command switch and hit the red button? lol!
22nd April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #215  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,064

6,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker

Oh. My. GOD!!! The S-off for your device is more complicated than rocket science!

Thank god, I have a Dinc2... Though I must admit it would be all worth it at the end of the day! Do you have to turn two knobs at the same time, flip open the command switch and hit the red button? lol!

It's not that bad. You run a program, and plug in your phone, and and poke a hole or two with a paper clip lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
22nd April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #216  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,530

4,401 posts
Donate to Me
More
That wire trick makes wonder

There is something on the x2 I have ALWAYS wondered about and asked about a few times a long time ago.

When you take the battery cover off your x2, and you see the oil tab for the battery, there is a small gold switch looking thing right next to it to the left. I have on multiples occasions pressed it down using a small screwdriver lol. It goes down, it is almost like the connectors that your battery presses against. I have no idea what it is for.
But it just reminds of a switch of some type, and has always interested me to figure out what it is there for....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #217  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,156 posts
Donate to Me
Ash...
You talkin bout ground pin for the door?
You ain't workin on my car! Lol.
Edit
Last edited by skwoodwiva; 22nd April 2012 at 11:01 PM.
22nd April 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #218  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,530

4,401 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lol
Nah
It doesn't even touch the battery cover.
I had thought it was something like that also, but the pin I'm talking about didn't get touched by anything on the battery cover.
I'll post a pic later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #219  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,156 posts
Donate to Me
I checked all round & not finding anything else I thought the worst.
23rd April 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #220  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyattsville, MD
Thanks Meter: 584

1,586 posts
More
Seems way too late and hardly worth it now, but I added a shout out to ashclepdia in the OP! I read the first few para's and noted a renowned character missing from the list of shout outs...

Sandso, though you weren't in the original list, I added you long back when I saw your post, which reminded me...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread