Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 52,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which version of Quick Settings would you like to see in AlterROM?
Current Quick Settings Mod 4 5.63%
Tommytomatoe's Extended Quick Settings 13 18.31%
Both of the above as options in AROMA 52 73.24%
I don't want Quick Settings... 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][2012.06.20] AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 [4.67-Senseless][AROMA]

Tip us?

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
v0.0.4-RC1 is up!

...unfortunately, the Modify Install option I was intending to include is not yet ready for prime time. There are a couple issues I'm still tracking down.

I've been itching to post an update, though, so here you go. I feel it is a decent release candidate, but there is still so much more that I want to do to improve a few things. Please, let me know what you think and, as always, post any requests or suggestions!
My Projects | Donate
HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic): AlterROM Redux (DEPRECATED)
HTC Evo 4G LTE (Jewel): rEVOLTEd (Team Swag), AlterROM ELiTE (ON HOLD)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biga1
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayn0de View Post
v0.0.4-RC1 is up!

...unfortunately, the Modify Install option I was intending to include is not yet ready for prime time. There are a couple issues I'm still tracking down.

I've been itching to post an update, though, so here you go. I feel it is a decent release candidate, but there is still so much more that I want to do to improve a few things. Please, let me know what you think and, as always, post any requests or suggestions!
downloading now... been running your preview with classic sbc kernel for the past week....no issues...nice work Mr. Gray

shizume
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Just finish installing. Very sweet touch to the aroma install. It is very clear and I might add "dummy free." Its give very little chance of screwing up on the install. So far running very smooth. I loved the transparency and battery mod. I run the phone over the weekend and get back to you if I run into anything.

But here's a SS of my phone with goLauncher.

PookiePrancer
Old
(Last edited by PookiePrancer; 21st April 2012 at 05:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Running flawlessly so far, though I had to install twice. The first time, I installed Beats audio and deleted the stock music player, but Amazon MP3 and Play Music would just force-close. Went with DSP the second time.

And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.

HD2FORNICK
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Great ROM so far. One question though. I installed with the Beats Audio and can't seem to find it anywhere. What and where is it?

jrny99
Old
Thanks Meter 102
And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2FORNICK View Post
Great ROM so far. One question though. I installed with the Beats Audio and can't seem to find it anywhere. What and where is it?

greeting, I would have to agree with these users, other than that, this is one fine rom. job well done

what happened to the font size adjustment in SMS messaging ?

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizume View Post
Just finish installing. Very sweet touch to the aroma install. It is very clear and I might add "dummy free." Its give very little chance of screwing up on the install. So far running very smooth. I loved the transparency and battery mod. I run the phone over the weekend and get back to you if I run into anything.

But here's a SS of my phone with goLauncher.
I went with blue, this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
Running flawlessly so far, though I had to install twice. The first time, I installed Beats audio and deleted the stock music player, but Amazon MP3 and Play Music would just force-close. Went with DSP the second time.

And just my opinion: I think the notification pull-down is a bit too transparent. Very hard to read with other text in the background.
I was thinking that, as well, but wasn't sure. I think my eyes adjusted to it over a time. I wanted to get everyone's opinion, so I left it as is. I can tone down the transparency pretty easily.

I'll look into the FC issues with Amazon MP3 and Play Music. I know they work fine when using XLOUD, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2FORNICK View Post
The Beats Audio is an engine. It's comprised of files in bin, lib, framework and etc. No app to go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrny99 View Post
what happened to the font size adjustment in SMS messaging ?
What font size adjustment do you mean? I was not aware of such a feature and did not alter the MMS app in any way.
My Projects | Donate

jrny99
Old
Thanks Meter 102
What font size adjustment do you mean? I was not aware of such a feature and did not alter the MMS app in any way. [/QUOTE]

when you went into SMS and hit settings there was a option to set the font to small medium and large. it was on another sense rom. no sure which

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrny99 View Post
when you went into SMS and hit settings there was a option to set the font to small medium and large. it was on another sense rom. no sure which
If you can let me know which ROM has that setting I can see about incorporating it in AlterROM, but my MMS app is pure stock, at the moment.
My Projects | Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrny99
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayn0de View Post
If you can let me know which ROM has that setting I can see about incorporating it in AlterROM, but my MMS app is pure stock, at the moment.
I have it on my shift running MikShifted-G v2.0

Tags
aroma, choose your own, non-sense, optimized, senseless