Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

ringtones changing to default after reboot

OP ak29

9th January 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Just been having this issue lately where my custom ringtone and notifications change to the default after a reboot or after I connect micro usb to add files to the memory card. I cant seem to find a way to fix this. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.
9th January 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #2  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,698
 
14,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak29

Just been having this issue lately where my custom ringtone and notifications change to the default after a reboot or after I connect micro usb to add files to the memory card. I cant seem to find a way to fix this. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

When you change a ringtone,do you click apply?

9th January 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #3  
Hollilightman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 46
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Exactly the same problem i also have no council. until now. with CoreDroid 2.6 i had it not, only with v2.7 and v3.0.
9th January 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
I have the exact same problem, I had some custom ringtones and suddenly for no reason started switching back to default. So I finally just did a factory reset now everything's back to normal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
9th January 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
I may have found the issue with mine. I recently started using an app called headset droid. Once I uninstalled the app most of my issue is gone now. My ringtones and notifications no longer reset when I reboot. They do still reset if if I connect my phone via micro USB and add transfer things to my memory card. I will try resetting my phone and reflashing my rom next to see if that solves the problem completely.
21st January 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Solution for rooted user but please help for non-rooted
To start off I do not have my phone rooted, although I am thinking about it lol.

My ringtones and notifications changed every time I restart my phone. What I have tried is to change the ringtones and notifications folder location. It basically started right after I received the T-Mobile update software number 1.50.531.1

sdcard(root)/notifications
sdcard(root)/ringtones
and
sdcard(root)/media/audio/notifications
sdcard(root)/media/audio/ringtones

all the above methods work in the sense that the phone recognized the ringtones but every time I restart the phone it changes the ringtone and notification back to defaults.

I have searched for a solution the closest thing I have found was located here: https://code.google.com/p/android/is...etail?id=13413
The conclusion is to gain root access and move the ringtones and notification to the phone's internal system folder. Since I do not want to root my phone, is there a method to gain permission to move files to the system folder?

I really want to solve this problem so please let me know if there is a solution
Thanks from a noob

I fixed my issue by clearing the cache. I downloaded app called "app cache cleaner" than I cleared the rosie cache and boom it works woot
Last edited by test1551; 22nd January 2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: forgot something
22nd April 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #7  
xaccers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 410
 
2,722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Anyone got an answer?
Is there an easy way to move ringtones/notification sounds to the phone memory without rooting?
22nd April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #8  
ganeshp's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,264
 
5,494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccers

Anyone got an answer?
Is there an easy way to move ringtones/notification sounds to the phone memory without rooting?

Try adding your phone ringtone / notification sound this way

Settings-sound-phone ringtone-menu soft key-more ringtones-add ringtone
Then select the ringtone.

Also the similar way for notification sound..

This way you might not lose your custom ringtones when rebooted

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves
22nd April 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #9  
xaccers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 410
 
2,722 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshp

Try adding your phone ringtone / notification sound this way

Settings-sound-phone ringtone-menu soft key-more ringtones-add ringtone
Then select the ringtone.

Also the similar way for notification sound..

This way you might not lose your custom ringtones when rebooted

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

That's how I assign them. I don't have the issue of losing them when rebooting, but I do have problems when I've connected my phone as a mass storage device as with the SD card unmounted (so it can be accessed by the PC) the phone can no longer see my ringtone/notification sounds.
Annoyingly downloading ringtones from HTC doesn't save them to the phone memory.
22nd April 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #10  
ganeshp's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3,264
 
5,494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccers

That's how I assign them. I don't have the issue of losing them when rebooting, but I do have problems when I've connected my phone as a mass storage device as with the SD card unmounted (so it can be accessed by the PC) the phone can no longer see my ringtone/notification sounds.
Annoyingly downloading ringtones from HTC doesn't save them to the phone memory.

then you move it to memory...

move the required ringtones to /system/media/audio/ringtones
and similarly for notifications...use any file explorer...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes